"aa"s Fixed?

I herd that AA's had been 'fixed' on spawning after a restart, Has anyone found one 24+ hrs after a restart or by repeated clearing of a field?

Are they ONLY in the 'rocky' roids?  Ive herd of them coming from gas clouds also but not sure if that is a myth

Someone told me of a hulk field located around 30k below the plane of a particular sector that contains exactly 3 AA's every time after a restart. These aa's are only levels 5 and 6.

Further mining apparently does not yield more aa's.

If this type of spawning is still occurring then it is in fact a bug and really needs to be reported. Open a ticket and give the team as much exact information as you are able so they can locate this problem and get it fixed.

If this is something that you had heard/knew about previously, say in the last month but not recent, then it is likely already fixed with a few other common spawns.

Fly Safe

-Alurra

... or already on our list and if reported and we catch someone exploiting such a 'hidden' location, there could well be disciplinary action as per the Code of Conduct in the announcements section of every forum category of our forum.

I think I can help out here.

If everyone tells me where all these ore/hulk-fields are that always have AA's in them after a server restart... I'll make sure to monitor them after every server reset.

If it turns out that I keep getting lots and lots of AA's from them, I'll compile a report and start thinking about the best way of presenting my findings to the Dev Team (when I get a moment).

Would also be helpful if everyone can stay away from the suspect ore/hulk-fields after server resets as well; just so that the data in my findings doesn't get skewed.

Estimate that it will probably take me about 12-18 months of research to complete my report; but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Really very happy to help out here.

:ph34r:

• Upvote 1

From what I have herd AA's only spawn on restarts, no one has claimed to of found one 24+ hrs after a restart

With all the mining people do in game seems to me that it should be more common for them to pop up during "Normal" game time

This of course is assuming that each AA has a straight % chance to spawn with no specifics attached.

From what I have herd AA's only spawn on restarts, no one has claimed to of found one 24+ hrs after a restart

With all the mining people do in game seems to me that it should be more common for them to pop up during "Normal" game time

This of course is assuming that each AA has a straight % chance to spawn with no specifics attached.

Guildie found one last week at over 100 hours uptime. So I believe it is possible to find one after 24+ hours after a restart.

• 1 month later...

I have been mining in a "safe" location, 7-9 'rockey' roids for awhile now off and on. Turning over the field to get 'fresh spawn' roids with no sign of an AA.  I have gained over 20 lvls on the 3 toons Ive used to do this with  JE PS TS, all OL 150.

I have been told that an AA has not been seen from this field

This may not be enough time to verify anything but I am now moving to a more 'hostile' field where I have found an AA(restart).

I heard on NP chat yesterday that a couple of folks said they were able to find AAs long after a restart. I don't know the formula for where/how they spawn or anything like that, but I suspect it is likely purely random and can spawn anywhere. I never really search for them, I just mine and if I stumble on one, awesome, if not, oh well. The one I found was out in Primus, but it was also a long while ago and it wasn't on a restart.

When I first heard of AA's I thought the player had gone mad, you know .... mad space disease. Next day was out in Jot and there was one. Was out there looking for titanium. Am sure that place gets harvested a lot. Spent an hour there yesterday was maybe 5 titanium ores in the entire field, no AA seen.

Guess they do exist. As to the OP I've heard the AA's only spawn in densely populated asteroid fields. Have not heard nor read of any being found in other field types: Gas, Hydrocarbon, Crystal, Hulks, or V'rix 'roids.

As per the V'rix roid's they are indeed "fragments" that have a 4 digit number attached to them. Can easily spot them though, are the bright blue 'roids with bright blue crystals growing out of them. Vendors won't buy them, and seem useless past the 79 (at OL150) exploration points for having cleared them.

• 2 weeks later...

Having spent some time 'clearing' fields and sitting watching them Ive found that in the time it takes me to clear a field 2-3 times it has 'reset' itself at some point.  This does essentially the same thing as mining it out (and takes less work)

Therefore, unless you need some ore or lvls from mining, the most efficient way to find an AA seems to be warp in>scan>warp to the next field, the basic restart drill

Given the odds of finding one after a restart vs normal time mining Id have to assume there are 2 different formulas for the spawning

Then there's the possibility Im a complete idiot and have no clue what im doing.....

Broken or As Intended ?   Only the AA gods know for sure......

Well the way it's meant to work is like this: A totally random world (or would that be universe? ) drop from "rock" type asteroids. It should happen anywhere at any time from a rock type. There isn't intended to be a "timer" or a clear field X times and it spawns thing going on. It is intended that the AA is in level range of the field mined. It is intended to be a very rare find item (they are so good you don't want everyone and their cousin with one). Their rarity is their value, they are intended to be so rare, they are very special and worth lots.

In the past, some "folks" noticed that certain fields would spawn within them a AA right after a restart. They kept this information to themselves and "exploited" it. It was an exploit because it was clearly not WAI and they took advantage of it without reporting the flaw. That is explained in the TOS as a violation. When the Devs finally became aware of this flaw (someone must have spilt the beans or let their consience finally speak for them), they started trying to confirm this flaw and fix it. Having a AA spawn 100 hr after a restart isn't a "exploit", it's well within the realm of WAI. But if right after a restart you see 1, count yourself real lucky and if asked by the Devs about it, be honest. I'm confident they will not feel you are "exploiting" if you are honest and pulled it honestly. But if you find 2 in short order after a restart.....their intended rarity, would make that happening very specious and you better report that as a bug insident.

Well the way it's meant to work is like this: A totally random world (or would that be universe? ) drop from "rock" type asteroids. It should happen anywhere at any time from a rock type. There isn't intended to be a "timer" or a clear field X times and it spawns thing going on. It is intended that the AA is in level range of the field mined. It is intended to be a very rare find item (they are so good you don't want everyone and their cousin with one). Their rarity is their value, they are intended to be so rare, they are very special and worth lots.

In the past, some "folks" noticed that certain fields would spawn within them a AA right after a restart. They kept this information to themselves and "exploited" it. It was an exploit because it was clearly not WAI and they took advantage of it without reporting the flaw. That is explained in the TOS as a violation. When the Devs finally became aware of this flaw (someone must have spilt the beans or let their consience finally speak for them), they started trying to confirm this flaw and fix it. Having a AA spawn 100 hr after a restart isn't a "exploit", it's well within the realm of WAI. But if right after a restart you see 1, count yourself real lucky and if asked by the Devs about it, be honest. I'm confident they will not feel you are "exploiting" if you are honest and pulled it honestly. But if you find 2 in short order after a restart.....their intended rarity, would make that happening very specious and you better report that as a bug insident.

Complete nonsense.  I have only found AA devices after a restart and they have all been spread all around the server.  You have to run out to the rock fields, scan the rocks and then move on.  I completely disagree that people finding the AA devices after a restart is an exploit.  As far as I am concerned, the AA devices spawn at restart.  Once they are mined they sometimes respawn in sectors that I have no access to.  If they are in a sector that I can't get into and don't spawn again on the server because one already exists, you would only expect to find them after a restart when ALL rocks are cleared.

This is not an exploit.  This is an example to unintended consequences.  If we really wanted to "fix" this issue, make the unidentified AA spawns a lot more common but restrict the "good" exchanges from Ravenrock when they are turned in.  You can add in "crap" AA devices that are returned more often from Raven rather than getting the nice toys that we are all after.

• Upvote 1

In the past, some "folks" noticed that certain fields would spawn within them a AA right after a restart. They kept this information to themselves and "exploited" it. It was an exploit because it was clearly not WAI and they took advantage of it without reporting the flaw.

Have to agree with Mattsacre on this one GHB, if it was guaranteed that there would be an AA at the same field every time there was a server restart it was NOT working as intended and those that knew about it SHOULD have reported it

Have to agree with Mattsacre on this one GHB, if it was guaranteed that there would be an AA at the same field every time there was a server restart it was NOT working as intended and those that knew about it SHOULD have reported it

Who said anything about it being spawned in the same field every restart?  All the AAs I ever found were taken from different locations all over the server.  I have not found an AA in the same ore field at restart in the same location.

You guys are making an argument based on opinions and falsehoods.  When you come up with some accurate facts about AA, come back with a different argument as to why you think it is an exploit to run around the server looking for AA devices on restarts.

There were certain rocks that spawned an AA EVERY time, not just in specific fields. It was a very specific rock in very specific fields. I think that is what Mattsacre is talking about as an exploit, and by the very definition of it not occurring randomly, as intended, then it was an exploit.

As far as 'conscience' or 'accidental' for the Devs finding out. It doesn't really matter. There are ALWAYS going to be those who find exploits and use them to their advantage and claim innocence when caught at a later date. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.

For those of us who prefer the more honest approach, if you feel it is a bug and it is not working as intended, then check the bug reporter for a previous/current report and add to it, or start a new one if one is not available.

Fly Safe

-Alurra

The whole AA in the certain roids every restart couldn't be a bug, I mean Im no computer guy, but that would be saying that each and every roid has its own spawning parameters, wouldn't it be 1 'code' all of them run off of?  And if that/those few were different, then their code must of been changed

/conspiracy theory mode off

Matt, I was clearing fields not for a 'timer' effect, but simply for a fresh respawn. Figuring the roid contents are determined by 'a random roll whose result pulls the ore/item from a list',   the more ya mine, the more they respawn, the more chances of hitting a good number on the random table.

• 1 month later...

I have heard that there is a "set number" of AA's on the server at any given time regardless of level of said AA. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but if it is, then all the mining in the world won't make an AA spawn unless one of the set number of AA(s) is looted from a roid. With that said, all the low level roid fields would have to be checked as well.

If there were 'a set number' always in game, then finding them would happen all the time, not after resets.

I lean twards the random roll system, but then again that doesn't account for the increased odds after a reset.

Patch notes say

"AA's spread more equally over the sectors"     This tells me that some sectors had more, some had less or no chance of spawns, the 'more equally' part tells me that it was changed, but not to what degree, some may still be void of chances and others may still have more chances.

"Non-Public sectors wont hold AA's anymore"    This tells me that *if* there is a specific number in game the odds go up slightly on finding one, if random on chances then it would not effect the chances.

Without knowing the mechanics on AA spawns its all a guessing game

If there were 'a set number' always in game, then finding them would happen all the time, not after resets.

Actually it would be the reason why in the past you could only find them shortly after a restart.  Prior to the last patch, aa's could spawn in un-minable areas (i.e. TT's home sector), so if there is a set number of aa's, the ones in public areas are picked up, but the next one could spawn in public or non-public area...eventually they all end up in the non-public areas because those are never picked up.

• Upvote 1