Nessie Was Not Spherical

Visicus

Does anyone enter a sector for the first time and instantly know that it is different from live?

I ask because I know that Inverness sector is just that.

Nessie was not a spherical small moon located near that nav as in the emulator. Rather, It was an irregular shape, exactly like the bai lung dock, only much larger and visible throughout the sector. The bai lung dock was located on the far side of the model and was only visible when you got to the far side near the RD gate.

Sorry if this is wrong place for this, but bug reporting aint working as i forgot my email and havnt changed it yet, and besides maybe others remember this as well.

Could you change Nessie?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Viscus,

An in game bug report is not the proper place for something of this nature anyhow, so your email is not relevent nor needed for this particular issue. I don't know whether this falls under a 'bug' exactly, but you can post it here if you feel it is:

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/tracker/project-2-net-7/

Fly Safe

-Alurra

• 3 weeks later...

Several other heavenly bodies have changed from live Visicus. The grek moon in NE never rotated, they have added that as well as others having orbits and rotations. The hidden heavenly bodies during live never got a navigatable marker, they do now, to the better imo. Haster's point and Haster's end, once discovered have a spacial point you can navigate, they don't have a "?" like other navs, but they have a spot you can orient in 3D space and warp to (once you discover them). There are other things like this they have improved over live, give them a break if they have decided that "Nessie" is now a moon and not a irregular shaped body. :)

They have added orbits and movements to other areas as well, while Uranus wasn't in live, it's in now and the comets (as well as endriago and Niff and other areas) now move and orbit. The bodies in mercury move around, the map they show static, but in 3D space you have to orient differently as you move through. The comet busters in endriago actually have to bust a comet now! Debris field in some areas actually appear to move or orbit.

All of this is an improvement! I think they made the choice to turn Nessie into a moon and have a 3D nav/map nav that way. If that is what they have done, it was part of the graphic look/design they upgraded and they should be given the pat on the back for that. I know I can give on the (nessie moon from body) for all the rest that's been done.

• Upvote 1

I sighed because words failed me , all the unpaid hard work that has gone into this emulator and all you can do is point out a moon is not like live ! I for one think the changes from 'live' are welcome , in fact the only thing i miss is the sound of a 56k modem :)

Or having AmericaOffLine as your ISP? :)

I DON'T miss the modem TYVM :)

• Upvote 1

ooo mannn aol lol i had compuserve as a isp..."takes a PTSD pill"...i agree that the emu teams have done a great job of putting together this emulator and have made it better than live was back in the day....keep up the good work dev`s ...."you got mail"...o snap aol is talkn to me again hehehe

Lets not Slam Visicus for making a observation. yes some things are different not everyone will like what they see. Mattsacre had the best response to Visicus question. We all have our opinions....well you know the rest.  No I did not have 56k when I played the game in live. Broad band all the way.

• Upvote 1

<shudder>  56k modem,    I used to go take a shower when i went to gate it so long to gate,

Oh, you don't even know :). I was a alpha/ beta tester. I was (stupid/smart) enough to agree to help run things through their paces. I actually let them convince me (stupid) to gate different sectors and time the transition times and write that data down for them, I was at a remote testing area. So there was more times than I care to rememeber of me gating a zone, and staring at the screen with the volume on and actually "time" the gate for excess of 2 hr. I finally in my write ups got them to agree that any gate in excess of 1 hr. was not needed to document other than (excess 1 hr.) LOL.

The Freya to Akeron gate gave them a lot of trouble for some reason, it wasn't the graphics. I'm not so code savvy to know why but there was more gate crashes there. They knew that getting from carpenter to grissom was a rubberbandfest before release, I can't count the number of times they had me gate from carp/warp/gate griss and time it, then turn right around and do it again and again :) I'm amazed I didn't develop epilepsy from those sessons :)

I remember the last 3 days of beta, it was riotously fun. Back then there wasn't "wormhole damage" to trade goods. A point was having to be driven home about that "bug" had to be fixed before release (by then EA was rushing release and didnt want to fix things, they wanted it out and fix things retroactive.) So all the testers had some fun, we all grouped up and ran chain fenris/somerled runs. There were like10+ groups of 5 running trade runs for a couple of days, some of the bigger  guilds with well established TT had characters in the billions of credits doing that, the point was made I think :), the game was released with WH Dmg to goods.

I started as a alpha with AOL dialup, but once I went beta I had DSL, a marked improvement but (shudder) compaired to broadband...how did we ever survive those days? :)