Not To Whine But....

Has the mob AI changed lately? I am seeing what used to be mostly solo mobs, rarely a pair, now flying in formations of 4 or more.  

All I can say is mining has become an exercise of futility.

Just saying,

Mim

Mim, you whiner   :P  I don't know of any changes, nor have I been asked to upscale any spawn quantities, but if you give me a couple locations and the name of the critter, I will be more than happy to look into it.

You can leave that info here, or PM me if you prefer.

• Upvote 1

I caught one of those formations last night...

At Nav VG6 in Varen's Girdle.

Just finished blatting a cl38 Ostarae, when 4 x cl35's spawned in formation a few km's away.

Got quite excited because I thought there might be a named mob somewhere in the formation... But no such luck.  :(

Mim, you whiner   :P  I don't know of any changes, nor have I been asked to upscale any spawn quantities, but if you give me a couple locations and the name of the critter, I will be more than happy to look into it.

You can leave that info here, or PM me if you prefer.

Sorry, I thought just the weird behavior would have triggered a memory.   It was the HUGE gravity well in Lagarto, the Bio-Extractor dudes and dudettes.  Nasty!  I spend more time in powerdown mode than pulling goodies. 

Lagarto is a dangerous place to mine in.

I think that it is more suited to a group of people miners and combat support to deal with the mobs.

Mining high level goodies should have a risk attached.

Where is the fun in just turning up and grabbing some lvl 9 ores without being challenged by mobs in the area?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lagarto is a dangerous place to mine in.

I think that it is more suited to a group of people miners and combat support to deal with the mobs.

Mining high level goodies should have a risk attached.

Where is the fun in just turning up and grabbing some lvl 9 ores without being challenged by mobs in the area?

Agree, but... One day it is mostly OK to mine.  Fight off a few of the Bio-Extractors and continue mining...Enter after a system restart and the Bio-Extractors have become VERY VERY VERY social.  

If you say this is the way it has always been, I say, I want some of what you have been smoking.  I was there every day prior to the last restart.  

It was changed... fess up!   This IS NEW for this area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would check any code surrounding the V'rix as the behavior is very close to theirs.  Not the diamond formation but the grouping.

Just saying

Mim

I've been seeing more bio extractors in Lagarto also.

Its not them grouping in formation but more like ganging up on you.

I think something has changed but any change is welcome to make it interesting.

The lev 48 rogue commanders there are far more devastating than the bios.

They see from very far away and use shield sap and other skills.

Lets just say I left there with a smoking hull more than a few times.

If I had cloak I would be OK with it as well, but I don't.  I slug it out or go powerdown.  I can as a PS fight off two but 3 or more and it is all she wrote.  It's not fun.  And let's not loose sight of the fact it is a game, it is supposed to be fun NOT not fun.

Lagarto is now only for groups (read multi boxers) or those that can cloak.  Solo play for a PS is a thing of the past.

Is it possible this is something to do with storyline progression? I mean Lagarto is right there near Roc.

I might be way off base on this...

Just a thought ...

Fly Safe

-Alurra

Is it possible this is something to do with storyline progression? I mean Lagarto is right there near Roc.

I might be way off base on this...

Just a thought ...

Fly Safe

-Alurra

Possibly but ...One Dev said nothing has changed, and another said that a challenge is fun, hinting like this is my first trip to Lagarto.   Something has changed.... If it is intentional that's fine fess up to the change.  If not let me know and I will report it as a bug.  

Oh, sorry. I can't answer that, I have no idea. I rarely, if ever mine in Lagarto so I would have nothing to compare it to.

Maybe just report it as a bug anyhow Mim and then they can either sort it into the 'working as intended' or the 'been fixed' bin. That would certainly give you a definitive answer either way, yes? :D

Fly Safe

-Alurra

If I had cloak I would be OK with it as well, but I don't.  I slug it out or go powerdown.  I can as a PS fight off two but 3 or more and it is all she wrote.  It's not fun.  And let's not loose sight of the fact it is a game, it is supposed to be fun NOT not fun.

Lagarto is now only for groups (read multi boxers) or those that can cloak.  Solo play for a PS is a thing of the past.

There's nothing wrong with having areas that are more suited to a particular class (i.e. JE over PS).  Part of the fun is finding the areas that are best suited to your class.  Perhaps a field occupied by Rogue Progen is a place where a PS shouldn't be able to mine alone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There's nothing wrong with having areas that are more suited to a particular class (i.e. JE over PS).  Part of the fun is finding the areas that are best suited to your class.  Perhaps a field occupied by Rogue Progen is a place where a PS shouldn't be able to mine alone.

WTF??????????????????

So why don't we just get rid of the class altogether?

I tried to submit as a bug but the bug tracker will not work (for me) in Chrome nor Microsoft Edge.   :(

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it's Mimmy whiner!!!

I am unsure what kind of issues you are having Mim.

I just looked at the tracker on Edge, and wasn't having any issues. I even started a thread just to be sure I could.

I don't know what to tell you about Chrome, sorry, I don't use it.

Fly Safe

-Alurra

WTF??????????????????

So why don't we just get rid of the class altogether?

All I'm saying is that there should be fields that are better suited for each class.  The PS and TS have more firepower, they are better suited at killing 1 or 2 guardians in other fields and then strip mine the area.  The JE is stealthy and can go into areas with lots of mobs, but has to "ninja prospect" while avoiding being shot at, a much slower process.

All I'm saying is that there should be fields that are better suited for each class.  The PS and TS have more firepower, they are better suited at killing 1 or 2 guardians in other fields and then strip mine the area.  The JE is stealthy and can go into areas with lots of mobs, but has to "ninja prospect" while avoiding being shot at, a much slower process.

READ the post.  One or two at a time is NOT < NOT the issue.... The issue is that it is NOT one or two anymore it is 3 and 4 and 5 at a time.

Not to worry I am done with the game. 

Rage quitter,

Mimir Out <click>

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am new to this community, although a start to demise EnB player, but I think it is pretty reasonable for a long time user, who knows his space, to notice a change and want some clarification if it is intentional or not.  If it is intentional, he just wants to know so he can expect it to continue, if not, same deal but so that he knows to keep looking for a fix.  All the other responses along the lines of "It's a challenge" and what not, are valid, but not for the situation.  Had he just chosen to come here for the first time and was complaining about the threat levels, then sure, but this is a well established pattern that has been disrupted.

Edited by preacherx

Well something has definitely changed up there in Lagarto.

There just seems to be more Bio Extractors than normal.

The AI seems to be getting smarter.

I personally would never go there with anything other than my JE for solo mining.

The gravity well alone is enough to keep my PS out of there.

At least the TS and JE can warp through it. But for the PS its a no go for me.

Way too many mobs.

I caught one of those formations last night...

At Nav VG6 in Varen's Girdle.

Just finished blatting a cl38 Ostarae, when 4 x cl35's spawned in formation a few km's away.

Got quite excited because I thought there might be a named mob somewhere in the formation... But no such luck.  :(

There is no spawn at VG 6, rather between VG 5 and VG 6. It has a 10k spawn radius with 7 mobs in the spawn, and NO formation. The fashion of the set to this spawn allows the server to randomly pick between the 35 and the 38 mob using the +/- 50% of the timer. You could get all 35's all 38's or a mix of both. If you kill all 7 before the respawn time, this is generally when you will see 4 of the same that appear to be in formation, but they have spawned all at the same time, in the same place, and picked up on your sig - this is where you see that formation like setting because they all see you, and they are all moving at the same speed, and with only 1 mob id for each, they all have the same scan range. 

For this setting to appear more random, one would have to have 2 or 3 different mob ID's of the same lvl mob with different scan ranges, or reducing the spawn count from 7 to say 2 or 3, and placing 3 spawns overlapping each other, and using 3 different mob ID's.

Server re-starts will always reset the timers of all regular mob spawns.

Sorry, I thought just the weird behavior would have triggered a memory.   It was the HUGE gravity well in Lagarto, the Bio-Extractor dudes and dudettes.  Nasty!  I spend more time in powerdown mode than pulling goodies. 

The Bio-Extractor and most of all those mobs in that sector I did set up, however, I did not set the spawns - this is Bayahkees sandbox  :o

The area you refer to has the same spawn type settings as I spoke of for Holymans post, but in this sector there are several spawns overlapping in so many areas it would take an hour just to give reasons why things look the way they do. I will say that you are correct on the server re-start causing the "welcome to hell" type of visuals you get there. This also relates to the characteristics of what I mentioned in the above post.

If you have any other questions/concerns, feel free to post.

• Upvote 1

hahaha never met a bunch so afraid to have a lil fun ..  if u cant handle the heat stay out of the kitchen. and they absolutely increased the bio extractors (lvl 50) in the grav well in lagarto and they have very good range. you do know that you can ask for help from the player base..... that's how you make friends here. The toons I use are renegade progen friendly and I do multi box with je/ts/ps... they are very effective against all mobs there. Just saying if you set it up properly you can have loads of fun and if not then your gonna die and you should laugh anyway.

just my 2 cents

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

hahaha never met a bunch so afraid to have a lil fun ..  if u cant handle the heat stay out of the kitchen. and they absolutely increased the bio extractors (lvl 50) in the grav well in lagarto and they have very good range. you do know that you can ask for help from the player base..... that's how you make friends here. The toons I use are renegade progen friendly and I do multi box with je/ts/ps... they are very effective against all mobs there. Just saying if you set it up properly you can have loads of fun and if not then your gonna die and you should laugh anyway.

just my 2 cents

Wow.... what a crock! in one sentence you say "group this is a social game" and in the very next you brag about how you multi box.  So what is it? Group or multi box? I know, everyone is entitled to their opinion but pick one!  Should I group OR Multi box?

I would also suggest you read the original post!!!!! Before chiming in with this. It started as a good nature post asking if the mobs had been changed in the Lagarto gravity well area.  It quickly devolved into all PS don't need to be mining in an area that the Cloakers can mine.  I have been mining this area since I hit level 50 on my PS, this was very shortly after we went Sunrise live.    

And Flip....If you want to be an Advocate learn to read/understand the posts BEFORE you spew a suggestion that some areas should be only for JE's.... 

I enjoyed the area it was a challenge, I pulled ores, hulks, did a bit of fighting as my faction was such that the Bio's were my only threat.  I have no problem fighting 1 or two even at a time (read my other post), but when there is 4 or 5 and can see me now from what seems like a galaxy away it stopped being exciting.  

Fix the frigging Agrippa back door!!!!!!!!!!  

• Downvote 3

wow u really don't have an understanding of what I wrote and I would guess that is your biggest problem. I'm not gonna explain myself ... I'm hoping you will put your big boy pants on and read properly to understand what I wrote

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Well I did some exploring in Lagarto on my JE today and something is definitely weird.

I witnessed a lev 50 Bio Extractor put up rally and it also went on a lev 30 Rogue Progen.

The funny thing was it went on the back of its ship (Rogue Progens) and it looked to be flying backwards.

So I did more killing of Bio Extractors and decided to follow 1 of them.

While following it I hit it with chimaera 9 and it didnt turn around or do anything but keep flying.

I didnt shoot it yet, just kept following, then I hit it with shield sap and it still ignored me.

It finally came to its destination, yes it was on a mission, and we came upon 3 more Bio extractors beating up on

a lev 45 Sabine Reclaimer. Just as we got there the Sabine was killed and all 4 of the bios went there seperate ways.

Did some more killing and realized the lev 48 Rogue Progen Commander is dropping 'Yummo Rum' regularly.

It never used to drop this item.

Anyway these were my findings. Way more bios than there ever was.

They used to only gang up 2 at a time on the Sabine Reclaimer 45  or the Centuiata Warrior lv 50.

I never saw 4 of them do it ever til today and Ive mined up there for over a year now.

• Upvote 1