Fix The Gate Lockups Please

Hey Bone,

Are you playing 2 toons at once?

Are all four boxes checked on the launcher?

Packet optimizer

Prototype reorder

Disable mouse lock

Delete THC files

If not, check all those boxes and try.

Im in the UK and got Virgin media. 160/10 line.

I almost insta gate now, after changing my memory out.

32 gig ddr3 2400 ram makes wonders to the game and the pc :)

a few random gate crashes will always occur anyways.

Liverpool, UK.

Was a firmware upgrade on some Virgin hubs that set the Firewall to "Medium" that caused mine and another player's problems.

Resetting the Firewall to "Low" did the trick!

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/11354-game-freezing-at-gates/page-2#entry93660

Still no success.

Only play one toon at a time.  Have tried all the different boxes on and off. no luck.

Close all extraneous programs I could find.  Firewall off, Spybot off.  Tried messing with network settings as per Zackman.  no luck.

Pretty close to bailing at this point.  I am not techy enough to figure out half the suggestions I see. Will likely just come back now and then to shoot a few things.  

Sad that everything else about the game seems to work well, but not gating is a game killer.

• 2 months later...

Have noticed a DllHost.exe that props up and runs under 3K. When launching the game there's one that starts, then goes away. After loading a character the 3K one shows up. On all map hangs that dern thing was running too. Am thinking it was some Microsoft update that had put it in there, and cannot trace to what program is running it. Going to services nothing appears to be highlighted.

At first I thought it was this multi-boxer program that someone in the forum created. Had noticed that file appearing ever since using it and it never worked for dual-boxing anyhow. Think it was to suppress the game from noticing two instances of EnB running. Have deleted the file but that ~3K dllhost.exe file keeps running - viewed by Windows Task Manager (right click taskbar, Start Task Manager).