Raid Rotation Now Null And Void?

This raid has been here for years. I think any legitimate claim to the loot needing to still be rare 3+ years on is...long since dead. Feel free to continue feeling bitter, but...at least admit I'm correct.

Umm... I'm not so sure you are correct.

Declaration first: I do not possess any Raid-loot on any of my 12 toons (I can [multi-box] solo the Mordana groups in KV, but don't really consider that a "Raid"); I have never participated in any Raid in the Emulator.

But not because I don't want to raid; and not because I don't want to get my hands on all that lovely Raid/Rare Gear.

But because I want to *SAVOUR* this Game.

I was thrilled when my brother pointed me at the Emulator, telling me that it was as robust, reliable and accessible as the Live version ever was. It's like being able to Time Travel: to really live the Nostalgia. I played for 2 months solid prior to the September 2012 wipe; and have been playing solidly again since the beginning of this year. And I am in *NO* rush to reach the End Game.

And that's what having all the best Raid Loot means: being at the End of the Game. Where do you go once you have everything that is anything?

Towards the end of Live (about 3 months before Sunset was announced), I bought (via Ebay Auction) a character called "Weaponfinesse" (JD) from another player, for $2.5k. It was considred to be the most well-equipped character on Andromeda, and I certainly got a lot of attention for being the purchaser... But to be quite frank, there was something rather un-fulfilling about being able to just purchase my way to the top of the Loot Tree.

After Sunset was announced, a few people asked me if I regretted buying the character; but to be honest, it was the best thing I could have done, since getting my hands on all that gear had taken all the fun and anticipation out of the Game for me. So I didn't grieve as much as I might have, when the servers were finally shutdown.

In Games like these, getting everything there is to be got can really take the enjoyment out of the Game. I periodically start a new character in Skyrim, each time determined not to use the console codes to give myself all the kit I want. And I can usually hold that determination for a while... Whilst I do, I enjoy playing the Game as it was intended to be played. But sooner or later, I succumb to temptation: I "Magic" in some money; then some gear; then eventually bump up all the skills I want... At which point I mothball Skyrim again for another six months.

Of *COURSE* there's a part of me that would like to be able to wander up to a "Special" vendor in F7, and "Sort by Awesomeness" all the Uber-Gear I'm going to buy (that others have really worked hard for...). And I know that for at least an hour or so after purchasing all the Top-of-the-Line Gear, I'll really enjoy soloing Fish Bowls and one-shotting gate turrets... But where do I go after that?

Only one place I can go: onto these Forums to start haranguing the Dev Team to create more and more challenging MOBs; and more and more Uber-Gear (which at some point shortly after I'll then be complaining is "Too Rare").

I will, in time, get around to Raiding (especially if I can figure out which ones can be Sextuple-Boxed..!). I might even have to get around to joining a Guild to participate in those Raids I can't figure out how to multi-box by myself. And at that point, the rare Raid Gear will start trickling in to my inventories, and I'll really value those items I worked to get.

But until then... I think the Raid Gear *HAS* to stay rare/difficult-to-obtain. If it wasn't... If every player in this relatively small Community had every bit of kit they ever dreamed of having... All of the effort the Dev Team have put in and continue to put into keeping this Game going, would be for nothing.

As with all things in Life: you get back whatever you are willing to give. Players won't attach any value to the best items in the Game, if they are too easy to come by.

• Upvote 4

Hi, German here - can you repeat this plz?

Just wann make sure it was no typo, before you face the dark side of the force....

i agree with some of content of the doctor post...no need for the dark side....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Umm... I'm not so sure you are correct.

Declaration first: I do not possess any Raid-loot on any of my 12 toons (I can [multi-box] solo the Mordana groups in KV, but don't really consider that a "Raid"); I have never participated in any Raid in the Emulator.

But not because I don't want to raid; and not because I don't want to get my hands on all that lovely Raid/Rare Gear.

But because I want to *SAVOUR* this Game.

I was thrilled when my brother pointed me at the Emulator, telling me that it was as robust, reliable and accessible as the Live version ever was. It's like being able to Time Travel: to really live the Nostalgia. I played for 2 months solid prior to the September 2012 wipe; and have been playing solidly again since the beginning of this year. And I am in *NO* rush to reach the End Game.

And that's what having all the best Raid Loot means: being at the End of the Game. Where do you go once you have everything that is anything?

Towards the end of Live (about 3 months before Sunset was announced), I bought (via Ebay Auction) a character called "Weaponfinesse" (JD) from another player, for $2.5k. It was considred to be the most well-equipped character on Andromeda, and I certainly got a lot of attention for being the purchaser... But to be quite frank, there was something rather un-fulfilling about being able to just purchase my way to the top of the Loot Tree.

After Sunset was announced, a few people asked me if I regretted buying the character; but to be honest, it was the best thing I could have done, since getting my hands on all that gear had taken all the fun and anticipation out of the Game for me. So I didn't grieve as much as I might have, when the servers were finally shutdown.

In Games like these, getting everything there is to be got can really take the enjoyment out of the Game. I periodically start a new character in Skyrim, each time determined not to use the console codes to give myself all the kit I want. And I can usually hold that determination for a while... Whilst I do, I enjoy playing the Game as it was intended to be played. But sooner or later, I succumb to temptation: I "Magic" in some money; then some gear; then eventually bump up all the skills I want... At which point I mothball Skyrim again for another six months.

Of *COURSE* there's a part of me that would like to be able to wander up to a "Special" vendor in F7, and "Sort by Awesomeness" all the Uber-Gear I'm going to buy (that others have really worked hard for...). And I know that for at least an hour or so after purchasing all the Top-of-the-Line Gear, I'll really enjoy soloing Fish Bowls and one-shotting gate turrets... But where do I go after that?

Only one place I can go: onto these Forums to start haranguing the Dev Team to create more and more challenging MOBs; and more and more Uber-Gear (which at some point shortly after I'll then be complaining is "Too Rare").

I will, in time, get around to Raiding (especially if I can figure out which ones can be Sextuple-Boxed..!). I might even have to get around to joining a Guild to participate in those Raids I can't figure out how to multi-box by myself. And at that point, the rare Raid Gear will start trickling in to my inventories, and I'll really value those items I worked to get.

But until then... I think the Raid Gear *HAS* to stay rare/difficult-to-obtain. If it wasn't... If every player in this relatively small Community had every bit of kit they ever dreamed of having... All of the effort the Dev Team have put in and continue to put into keeping this Game going, would be for nothing.

As with all things in Life: you get back whatever you are willing to give. Players won't attach any value to the best items in the Game, if they are too easy to come by.

You are spot on Holyman, take the time to enjoy the game.

i agree with some of content of the doctor post...no need for the dark side....

The Darkside is not meant for the Doctor. That said he is all wrong about rare loot, it needs to stay rare.

• Upvote 1