Raid Rotation Now Null And Void?

TBH. I have not been a contributing member of BI since Magoo left the head position.  If it makes any feel any better or my opinions hold more weight, then I will quit BI.  I am sure it will not break any ones hearts in guild.   The thing is it is BI this week and what guild will it be next? 

Just saying,

Mim

Formally a BI member

The dirty laundry stinks less when it comes into the light.

Hidden laundry just festers and stinks until it gets dried and crusty.

Kinda Cheezy to divert the thread from anything else other than resolving laundry issues.

I am quite looking forward to some ownership of said stink, by the ones who stunk it up.

Static does their own laundry.  But this stench.. it reeks.. and its coming from somewhere.

How much does it cost a couple groups to enter PRS?

Who's cheap to use the SYSTEM for extra raids?

And nutless to take responsibility?

The just saying saying, was just about as useful as the click-and-mortar buzzwerds of the 733tists and is no longer in fashion.

SO I am not saying, just saying... I am telling.  Own up. Or fester in the dark with the rest of the used panties.

C'mon, step up.  You know you wanna...  Common.. say what you really feel.  Comon... pleeeeeee :)

Not Mirmir.. you know.. the other ones..  the ones strangely silent. 

Have fun out there.

We will, its just a game :)

A highly competitive one.

And helluva fun.

FFA FFA FFA FFA FFA

:)

Come, lets play!!!!!

Hmmmm here we go again   :huh: For peace and harmony within the game leave the raid rotation system alone please . Quite honestly i don't see a problem when/if one of the guilds on the rotation can't go and take down their raid that week straight away , its their loss .If you are not in that guild why does it matter to you ? you were not going to to be able to raid it anyway . Do we really want to go down the free for all route ? i know players who can do FB ,Gate,Oni,Warder  by themselves ( i know these are not on the raid rotation). Scooter with 2 players and i bet if they tried , Controller also . So if these guys(or girls) got together you can kiss all the raids goodbye :(  One guy i knew could do RD base by himself !!  Do we really want these multiboxers to have a free hand at raiding the rotation events whenever they feel like it ? i know i don't . For me part of the fun of this game is player interaction , raiding with your buddies :) drink and snacks to hand . Vent or TS on :) . 

So the way i see it is (at times of low player base ), take away the rotation and only the multiboxers and their buddies will have access to raid gear . Unlike the current system were as public or guild you are given a fair chance at getting raid gear .

Btw no offence ment to anyone that multiboxes :) i am just pointing out that some multiboxers (and damn good players they must be ,i know i can't multibox . Two toons up trading is about my lot lol ) are very capable of raiding by themselves .

Ps. "Hi Mimir"  ;)

My thoughts exactly.

Prre my friend I could not have said it better myself. Thanks!!!

This can easly be fixed and then we can all move on. Step 1. BI and EG apologize. 2. BI stands down for 1 GOBB and Static takes it on BI's week (as per the agreement BI gave its word on).

We would not expect it from public's week as we do not wish to see other guilds that was not involved lose any raids for the actions of BI and EG.

Edited by Canman
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

First let me say that I know what point Mimir is trying to make, so please folks, let us not devolve into bashing on him. He is only trying to say/do what he feels is best for our beloved game.

Second off, let me address the reason why I chose this path directly with you, Mimir. I choose this route to get the most feedback from the actual players and not just their perceived leaders. It wasn't meant to call folks out or stir anything up it was simply meant to ask the question whether or not folks feel that the rotation is now null and void. I chose to have it in this forum rather than let it fester and expand in game and take over the chat channels because I admittedly do not know all of the guild leaders. I would hope that the folks who do mention this in game will realize that they are only getting a very limited audience at any one point and no resolution is likely to come from it that way.

My hope is that the players of our game will instead focus on what it is they would like to see happen and stop focusing so much on the he said/she said aspect of all of this. I agree with what many have said about it being tiresome to have to continue revisiting this issue. If change needs to be made, bullying folks into your idea of change is certainly not the route to take. Bring your ideas forth, have a reason and a solution for potential problems and you will likely find more reception to any needed changes.

@ Syberfly: Thank you for being adult enough to admit to and take responsibility for your own actions. That says a great deal about you as a person. I am impressed. Thank you for giving me faith again! :D

@Astrowarrior: Unicorn was quite correct that this is NOT the thread for that particular issue and calling him a 'nazi' for pointing it out? I don't even know what to say about that except I certainly hope that you aren't one of the folks hoping to run for election. If you're that easily offended the position of Player Advocate will certainly light you up like Christmas in Times Square. ;)

Fly Safe

-Alurra

• Upvote 3

I would like to answer for myself only and not BI since Raiderman is the leader of the guild currently and unless that changes this is only my opinion.

First Jamoos does not represent the will of BI, he is a member as am I.

I had nothing to do with the raid other then offer advice, and advice is free last I cheched. You gets whats youz payz for.

Second I hope Raider takes it upon himself to answer, I am working now and I am not around much anymore except in the mornings and later afternoon times.

So I hope the retarded rumormongers piss up a rope.

Third since the population is getting summertime low again I propose and i have always proposed we take a 24 hour approach on the triggers.

If your guild can't do a raid trigger within 24 hours of it spawning the public and other guilds should be allowed to knock it off.

This waiting for a week to waste spawns is retarded on a large scale and needs to be remedied.

This is what I propose to the guild leaders, you guys know i'm not real tolerant of bullscraps and i do not suffer fools at all and i think this situation is bullscraps and foolish.

Let's modify what we have till fall when the population starts growing again and encourage the new players to the game to raid by allowing the public to take down the raids if the rotation guild can't.

It's not rocket science and it wont hurt anyones feelings this way, and seriously if you get bent over a simple proposal and your guild wastes triggers like bullets at a NRA convention then you need to get bent yourself.

Do the damned raids ask for help or get out of the way.

That is my proposal, IT"S ALWAYS BEEN MINE. So lets work this out or I'm gonna give my blessing to knocking off 24 hour wasted triggers.

And I'll be happy to help.

So let's work this out or it might be BI raids and everyone else watches, i kinda miss those days.

But this is just one persons opinion. And should only be taken seriously if you think there is a problem and the triggers are being wasted.

I think there is a problem. And the advocate has no business speaking up for their guild, and should not have brought this up.

You are to remain impartial to the dev's and playerbases doings.

Accusing a guild of something is a guild related issue and has nothing to do with your position of power.

Or I can comment about certain members of static now being dev's and co leaders of the guild.

And I do believe I have the right to complain about it if I so chose, you made your bed. Don't try to unmake it.

Some of you remember I am a rather intrackable enemy to have, and I doubt either the dev's or the playerbase wants a redo of the 2 years I suffered.

So next time have a non advocate/dev person post this, there is a co-leadership in static the last I checked. Have someone else speak up for your guild.

Just a personal thought. Good luck on sorting out the rotation mess, I like simple things Whats the old saying. KISS "Keep It Simple Stupid" applies here.

Stop wasting triggers and gives the pubbies a 24 hour window to wait and let them knock the raid down. This is pretty damned simple.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I think you overstep your boundaries here a bit Mr. Magoo by making threats to the ENTIRETY of the server and the Emulator team itself.  Should I quote you directly here?

Some of you remember I am a rather intrackable enemy to have, and I doubt either the dev's or the playerbase wants a redo of the 2 years I suffered.

How can anyone take anything you say serious when you are threatening to have a tantrum?

You know, I was wondering, when was it that you were able to capitalize the T in TurboTerri again? I can't remember what you said the last time you were in the public channels talking about it.

I suspect Involvement is relative to perspective.

Fly Safe

-Alurra

I would like to answer for myself only and not BI since Raiderman is the leader of the guild currently and unless that changes this is only my opinion.

First Jamoos does not represent the will of BI, he is a member as am I.

I had nothing to do with the raid other then offer advice, and advice is free last I cheched. You gets whats youz payz for.

Second I hope Raider takes it upon himself to answer, I am working now and I am not around much anymore except in the mornings and later afternoon times.

So I hope the retarded rumormongers piss up a rope.

Third since the population is getting summertime low again I propose and i have always proposed we take a 24 hour approach on the triggers.

If your guild can't do a raid trigger within 24 hours of it spawning the public and other guilds should be allowed to knock it off.

This waiting for a week to waste spawns is retarded on a large scale and needs to be remedied.

This is what I propose to the guild leaders, you guys know i'm not real tolerant of bullscraps and i do not suffer fools at all and i think this situation is bullscraps and foolish.

Let's modify what we have till fall when the population starts growing again and encourage the new players to the game to raid by allowing the public to take down the raids if the rotation guild can't.

It's not rocket science and it wont hurt anyones feelings this way, and seriously if you get bent over a simple proposal and your guild wastes triggers like bullets at a NRA convention then you need to get bent yourself.

Do the damned raids ask for help or get out of the way.

That is my proposal, IT"S ALWAYS BEEN MINE. So lets work this out or I'm gonna give my blessing to knocking off 24 hour wasted triggers.

And I'll be happy to help.

So let's work this out or it might be BI raids and everyone else watches, i kinda miss those days.

But this is just one persons opinion. And should only be taken seriously if you think there is a problem and the triggers are being wasted.

I think there is a problem. And the advocate has no business speaking up for their guild, and should not have brought this up.

You are to remain impartial to the dev's and playerbases doings.

Accusing a guild of something is a guild related issue and has nothing to do with your position of power.

Or I can comment about certain members of static now being dev's and co leaders of the guild.

And I do believe I have the right to complain about it if I so chose, you made your bed. Don't try to unmake it.

So next time have a non advocate/dev person post this, there is a co-leadership in static the last I checked. Have someone else speak up for your guild.

Just a personal thought. Good luck on sorting out the rotation mess, I like simple things Whats the old saying. KISS "Keep It Simple Stupid" applies here.

Stop wasting triggers and gives the pubbies a 24 hour window to wait and let them knock the raid down. This is pretty damned simple.

Magoo,

We have been friends a long time.   You have always treated me well and been kind.  I am not angry with you but disapointed.  I have defended you to many over the past few years  (in spite of taking a LOT of flak for it).  I so wish you could see this for what it is.  Knowing you as I do I don't see that happening.  If I could convince you to talk w me as we used to MAYBE we can fix this.  Remember  we worked out 2 deals on raid rotations.  As far as giving up any rotation spawns.........the way its set up........that is whomever's spawn to do with (or NOT do with as they please) so giving it up cause we don't wanna do it "today" will NEVER be on the table.  PLEASE talk with me about this.

Regards,    Hyp

• Upvote 1

Since we do not negotiate with you Magoo, your argument is "null and void," to borrow a phrase. Twist the facts any way you think are right in your little mind. The simple fact that people thieved a raid under your "advice" speaks volumes about your character and to why we don't deal with you. A response like that will only lead to trouble and you know it.

I will also reiterate Uni's point made earlier: Alurra's job as advocate has no baring on this discussion. Any arguments to the contrary are little more than cheap jabs. Please leave her position as advocate out of this discussion and stay on the topic.

Builders Inc has also been awfully silent so far. You guys have second and third in command slots as well I imagine, we are still waiting for an official response to this thread from someone with the authority to speak on your guild's behalf. Please have a representative from your guild respond or get in touch with us in some fashion.

@Syberfly: Thank you for being a better man by apologizing. We really do appreciate it.:)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

be BI raids and everyone else watches,

roflcopters, magoo!

I singled this out of the rest of that tripe only because your memory must be way worse than mine if thats what you remember. OMG lol

And, to Hyp... Very good points, nice post. :)

Some people crave attention, weather its bad attention or the self acclaimed glory of the spotlight, earned or perceived.

The want it, and they want it all, the good and the bad, cause well, its attention and fills their soul with hope of adequacy.

That makes me sad, kinda like in Team America.. with the I'mm sooo lonely song, whosit paradoy of Kim Jong Il?

That is a endless hole that needs to be filled from within.

Try not to fill it by dictating how you want other ppl to play with their toys.

Added:

@Syber, thanks bro, respect, I have been caught in the moment too.  Takes guts. No harm/Foul I am sure you had a devil on your shoulder.

Edited by DengarX

Static is not alone in this. Leave triggers alone that are not yours to take.  If we or VGE want to leave our trigger up all week its ours to do so and your opinion makes NO difference. Static, VGE and yes even BI earned its spot but that does in no way give anyone the right to threaten over spawns. Its never going to be on the table!!!!

I would how ever like to clear something up to those that think I am being a bit hard in our stance on this subject. We have guildies that can only play at certain times/certian days so we try sometimes to hold triggers for them (when we can) so they get a chance at some rare loot or just the experience of the raid. Also as Prre said in a earlier post its about playing with your buddies If we did not do this these players only have the PRS as an option. Now there is nothing wrong with the PRS but if they can not be around for the times its open then I guess our members are just out of luck? Dont think so. We will continue to hold triggers when we see fit. If our triggers are taken yours WILL be taken in turn!

As for Alurra. She posted this as an Admiral of Static not as ADV. There is a difference. Even the DEV's have play toons. Enough said deal with it.

Edited by Canman
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am still wondering why Jamoos and Magoo (TurboTerri) think it is acceptable to take down someone elses raid?

If there is an issue on raid triggers is it not appropriate to discuss it on the forums?

A discussion airing their concerns would have saved all this drama and bad feeling.

As for Alurra (ADV) raising the original post?

This was the best option available for everyone concerned as she operates on a totally neutral level taking into account the views of all players regardless of affiliation.

• Upvote 1

Static is not alone in this. Leave triggers alone that are not yours to take.  If we or VGE want to leave our trigger up all week its ours to do so and your opinion makes NO difference. Static, VGE and yes even BI earned its spot but that does in no way give anyone the right to threaten over spawns. Its never going to be on the table!!!!

As someone who is only in a Guild of one, and who hasn't participated in any raids... And also as someone who has a more limited understanding of how (and when) these Raid triggers respawn...

Is it the case that a Raid (trigger? availability?) respawn is dependent upon the time that it was previously taken down?

If so, does this mean that if a Raid is ready to go on a Sunday evening (for example), but is not taken down until say, five or six days later, that will delay the time it respawns for the next Guild in rotation?

I always observe the spike in on-line players on Sundays... I assumed that this is when some (or most) of the Raid triggers have respawned and are ready to go: suggesting that some raids are on a 7-day respawn timer..?

If this is the case, I can see how this would be problematic for Guilds awaiting their turn in the Rotation, since any delay with the previous Guild taking down the Raid will have a knock-on effect for the next Guild in rotation.

However, if (some or most of) the Raids respawn at exactly the same time every week, then it makes no difference when a Guild chooses to take down the Raid: it is their's (by agreement) for the week, to do with as they please. If the Guild whose turn it is takes it down five minutes after it respawns, it wouldn't be available for the rest of the week; so if they choose to leave it until the last minute (in the week), it is (by agreement) no concern of anyone else's that the Raid is sitting there waiting to be taken down.

But if the time at which a Guild takes down a Raid has that knock-on effect of delaying the respawn for the next Guild in the Rotation, then this has to be accounted for in the inter-Guild "Treaty".

It is fair and appropriate for one Guild to make a decision about timing their Raid to suit the requirements and availability of their own members; but if doing so delays the respawn time (by days... Not just hours and minutes...) for the next Guild in the rotation, then the current Guild's decision about timing has to take into account the requirements and availability of the next (and the next, and the next...) Guild's members too.

Or am I missing some vital piece of understanding here..?

As someone who is only in a Guild of one, and who hasn't participated in any raids... And also as someone who has a more limited understanding of how (and when) these Raid triggers respawn...

Is it the case that a Raid (trigger? availability?) respawn is dependent upon the time that it was previously taken down?

If so, does this mean that if a Raid is ready to go on a Sunday evening (for example), but is not taken down until say, five or six days later, that will delay the time it respawns for the next Guild in rotation?

I always observe the spike in on-line players on Sundays... I assumed that this is when some (or most) of the Raid triggers have respawned and are ready to go: suggesting that some raids are on a 7-day respawn timer..?

If this is the case, I can see how this would be problematic for Guilds awaiting their turn in the Rotation, since any delay with the previous Guild taking down the Raid will have a knock-on effect for the next Guild in rotation.

However, if (some or most of) the Raids respawn at exactly the same time every week, then it makes no difference when a Guild chooses to take down the Raid: it is their's (by agreement) for the week, to do with as they please. If the Guild whose turn it is takes it down five minutes after it respawns, it wouldn't be available for the rest of the week; so if they choose to leave it until the last minute (in the week), it is (by agreement) no concern of anyone else's that the Raid is sitting there waiting to be taken down.

But if the time at which a Guild takes down a Raid has that knock-on effect of delaying the respawn for the next Guild in the Rotation, then this has to be accounted for in the inter-Guild "Treaty".

It is fair and appropriate for one Guild to make a decision about timing their Raid to suit the requirements and availability of their own members; but if doing so delays the respawn time (by days... Not just hours and minutes...) for the next Guild in the rotation, then the current Guild's decision about timing has to take into account the requirements and availability of the next (and the next, and the next...) Guild's members too.

Or am I missing some vital piece of understanding here..?

Raid trigger times are dependant on which raid it is but they are usually anywhere between 24 to 56 hours (someone may correct me on this) . As soon as the raid is over the timer to the raid trigger reappearing is started . 

Ps..... Magoo , your post disappointed me :(

Edited by Prrekoorb

Raid trigger times are dependant on which raid it is but they are usually anywhere between 24 to 56 hours (someone may correct me on this) . As soon as the raid is over the timer to the raid trigger reappearing is started . 

Ah.

Can see then how the time at which a Guild chose to exercise its "Right to Raid" would have consequences for the next Guild up.

But can also see that with relatively short (in terms of a 7-day cycle) respawn times, the temptation to take down a Raid that is sitting there ripe-for-the-plucking must be overwhelming for some...

The Rotation Schedule is weekly, but the respawn times are generally between 1 and 2 (to 2 and a half) days. Is the agreement such that a Guild that holds the Rotation for the week can take down the Raid as many times as it is able, within that week? Provided that the last attempt allows for the Raid to respawn in time for the hand-off to the next Guild?

If that is the case, then it really is no business of anyone other than the leaders of the Guild that holds the Rotation for the week, when (and even if) they choose to take the Raid.

Seems straightforward enough.

• Upvote 1

Found this thread: https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/10477-wasted-raid-triggers-and-the-public/

Explains all.

Strikes me that primary purpose of the Raid Rotation (Treaty?) Schedule is to maintain civility and mutual respect among the players in this relatively small Community.

All other implicit and explicit purposes of the Schedule (e.g. equitable loot distribution, intra-Guild planning and organisation) are secondary to this primary purpose.

Laws and treaties get broken occasionally. If the temptation to do what a law or treaty prohibits wasn't there, there would be no need for the law or treaty.

When parties to the treaty succumb to temptation, the only appropriate response is for the parties who breached to apologise, Altering, suspending or eliminating an agreement that took effort, compromise and diplomacy to establish, in an attempt to retrospectively excuse a breach of the agreement, is disingenuous and counter-productive.

Especially where the primary purpose of the agreement is so obviously beneficial to all parties involved.

I'll shut up now.

• Upvote 1