Raid Rotation Now Null And Void?

I was informed today that some members of BI and Epic have decided that the raid rotation is no longer viable and they would like to make ALL of the raids a free for all. Jamoos specifically said that he was not happy that the raid triggers weren't taken down immediately and that it was BI's stance that they were formally withdrawing from the raid rotation schedule.

I would like the input from the actual guild leaders (all guild leaders) in this regard as the decisions of these few has the potential for far reaching negative effects on the entirety of the server. We have experienced the 'free for all' mentality in previous situations and it is never a favourable outcome for anyone involved.  The bully mentality of "do it when I want you to do it, not when you want to do it' is really an ugly face to wear and I, quite frankly, find it exceptionally unattractive when worn by anyone.

Input? .......

• Upvote 3

I don't raid but....  A public calling out is probably not going to make any feel any better about this.  

My suggestion (after the cat is out of the bag, or locking the barn door after the horse escapes) is to keep this between you (Advocate) as the impartial? moderator and the guild leads.  There has been enough public channel moaning about this situation.  

Remember folks, it is all just pixels....

Just saying, 

Mim

I don't raid but....  A public calling out is probably not going to make any feel any better about this.  

My suggestion (after the cat is out of the bag, or locking the barn door after the horse escapes) is to keep this between you (Advocate) as the impartial? moderator and the guild leads.  There has been enough public channel moaning about this situation.  

Remember folks, it is all just pixels....

Just saying, 

Mim

Who is being called out here? I don't see anyone being called out. I see facts being presented and opinions/input being called for. Your opinion has been noted. ;)

If you are specifically talking about my naming of Jamoos, well that is who made the statement on behalf of BI.  If he is not the leader of BI then perhaps we can get the input of the person who is actually in charge?

If you have a list of guild leaders server wide, I'd be happy to get that from you and speak directly with each of them. Since I don't have one, this is the only medium available to get the information to those leaders.

Fly Safe

-Alurra

We had free-for-all's happen before, and it's not fun, for anyone. I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later again. Sigh.

Anyone who was there for the lagtastic free-for-all events will remember BL getting really annoyed by the antics and threatening to shutoff the raids. We are adults here and should try to act like it.

Bullying tactics will be met with like kind responses. It won't be pretty. :(

edit: fixed typo on BlackLungs initials.

• Upvote 2

Greed pure simple greed. The rotation set aside equal time for all on each raid but some decide thats not enough and wanted more. If drama follows even better for them. A meeting took place in which members of BI (Magoo and Jamoos) gave its word that they would not break this rotation yet Sunday they formed a raid group and took a spawn that was not theirs to take. As for EG what the heck are you guys thinking? I talked to members of EG's leadership not that long ago and they assured me they wanted no part in drama yet here we are.

Static will not be bullied by a few who think they are entitled to set policy for the entire server. True colors have come out now lets see how long it takes for others to see them.

MMO should have competition and challenge, not regular turkey shoots after waiting for 3 hours or 3 days to gather.

Some things need to change to keep things interesting.

Suggestion 1: make raids harder but drop rate higher

Suggestion 2: make more raids triggered by drop items instead of timed trigger

Just a thought.

As far as I can remember

The gate raid (Tada O) was on a timer, you had to wait till Harvey spawned.

The Fishbowl raid was also triggered by timer and item.

IMO it is not a good idea to make raids free to do whenever you want.

Webby

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guess this wouldn't be a properly accurate EnB Emulator if there wasn't emotional contention over who gets to do what raids and when: feels just like the Original.  :D

Speaking as a Member of the Public:

Where does the Public Raid Sector fit into all of this?

Have I misunderstood the purpose of the PRS? I thought that most raid events could be (and were being..?) replicated in the Public Raid Sector (on Sundays?)?

If all (or most) of the raids are available in the PRS for those who desire to do them in an organised, scheduled way... Doesn't that make scheduling/rotating access to the actual, non-PRS based raid events/locations rather irrelevant?

Or have I *REALLY* misunderstood how the PRS works..?

:unsure:

This is E&B folks, a game designed from the ground up and embraced as a PvE experience. If you feel like you are not challenged, game not being competitive and whatnot then you're in the wrong game.

Feel free to join WoW, CS, Battlefield etc until you are fulfilled and your urges satisfied.

But don't in any way try to enforce your opinions to the rest of the player base, i'll admit you're entitled to them but so are we.

The rotation has been the product of long hours of negotiations, disagreements  and even clashing with one another and those of us who are around long enough know exactly how it was. I for one do not wish to return to those times, maybe i'm getting too old for this petty behavior.

PS. How anyone tackles their triggers within the rotation is first and foremost their own concern. If someone doesn't like how we do our rotation raids then by all means join our guild, rise through the ranks and present your alternative to our leadership for evaluation. Your other option is to stick with the guild that is most aligned with your way of thinking.

Edited by Efialtis
  • Upvote 1

Once upon a time, peace is everywhere.

Then one day, a particular guild decides that their raid rotation isn't enough for them, so they "volunteer" to "help out" on public raid rotation.

Later they realize it's still not satisfying them, so they decide to kill another guild's rotation trigger.

To be continued...

PS. Rumor that EG is full of BI alts, is this true?

Edited by Jane

Now that the cat is out of the bag, the horse has left the building... what about shelving this thread until a resolution is made? I can see this devolving into an all out flame war here and in game.  It may already be too late but there is hope cooler heads will prevail.  

Perhaps this was just an oops, a one time occurrence, a hot days of summer temper flair? Maybe just maybe the " help out" was just that.  See other thread thanking the organizer(s).  

Way to much drama folks.

Just saying,

Mim

Guess this wouldn't be a properly accurate EnB Emulator if there wasn't emotional contention over who gets to do what raids and when: feels just like the Original.  :D

Speaking as a Member of the Public:

Where does the Public Raid Sector fit into all of this?

Have I misunderstood the purpose of the PRS? I thought that most raid events could be (and were being..?) replicated in the Public Raid Sector (on Sundays?)?

If all (or most) of the raids are available in the PRS for those who desire to do them in an organised, scheduled way... Doesn't that make scheduling/rotating access to the actual, non-PRS based raid events/locations rather irrelevant?

Or have I *REALLY* misunderstood how the PRS works..?

:unsure:

The PRS does need some assistance to get it going.

It is not always possible for Blacklung or GM to be online at the weekends to spawn the triggers.

They also have real lives with their own resposibilities to deal with before logging into the game.

The PRS is a separate entity that probably should not be part of the negotiation / agreement equation between the public and BI , VGE and Static.

Although its presence does raise the question why are players who crave more raid action not finding it at the PRS before tearing up raid agreements 

and creating ill-feeling on the server.

Perhaps this was just an oops, a one time occurrence, a hot days of summer temper flair? Maybe just maybe the " help out" was just that.  See other thread thanking the organizer(s).  

Way to much drama folks.

Just saying,

Mim

Any chance pointing me out the other thread thanking the organizer(s) cause its not showing up on recent threads list.

It was... as it was a very current post.  I saw grumbling on the chat channels and came here to see if it was posted.  The only reference at that time was the thank you by a participant saying roughly "a good time was had by all" .  I guess it pissed off more than it made happy.

Mim

Well i wasn't around when everything went down so i wouldn't know what was said on server channels.

Since its not on these forums maybe its on a guilds private forums that you have access to.

All good.

Well i wasn't around when everything went down so i wouldn't know what was said on server channels.

Since its not on these forums maybe its on a guilds private forums that you have access to.

All good.

I know I saw it... Maybe I saw it in a dream.  Either way it sickens me that the good will has dissolved into a free for all ....again.   My posts here are contributing to keeping this crap alive so done (mostly).  I still say that it is something that coulda, shoulda, woulda, been handled better.  

A call (in game) for a meet with the "Big Three" and a public rep, i.e. Alurra to discuss rationally instead of in here to scare away new players.  

As always...Just saying,

Mim

Just saying,

Mim 

A few comments on PRS  and  Fish Bowl/Gate Raid as they have been mentioned

Just this past Sunday, BL offered to open the PRS  ..   NO ONE CAME

Woodstock has a standing offer to open the PRS     I think the server population has taken him up on it 2 or 3 times

I tried to get a FB going for darn near 2 weeks   No Interest

Check the server population right now, how many are on?  140? 

How many are dual boxing? or triple boxing?

How many ACTIVE members are there in the Guilds that hold spots in the rotation?

The terms set for the raid rotation were set at a time when there were more people on the server, and at that time they were set IMHO in a fair and reasonable manner. However things are not as they were then.

A spot in the rotation should require more than the ability to do a raid, it should be the ability to do it in a timely manner

Some have said the low server load is due to it being summer time, "It happens every year"  Fair enough, that may be

Why not suspend the rotation until say November, Do the raids as they spawn, as a community  No Dual Boxing, Spawn announced in General not kept a secret   (This will show who is "greedy")

In the months between now and then All the guild leaders WITH INTREST in a rotation meet once a week and hash out a new plan If one is even needed

• Upvote 1

Alurra is discussing this rationally Mimir. Further, enlisting the opinions of leaderships of all guilds is the proper response as this matter involves everyone who raids in the rotation. So please stop trying to divert and deflect this conversation from the original topic. I would further point out that its NOT Static, VGE, or many of the public guilds, that time and again cause problems in these raids and steal them from other guilds. Speaking for Static, I can say that we honor our agreements, and I do know the leaderships of VonCorp and many of the public guilds do as well. This kind of thievery needs to stop before matters escalate, and stop for good.

So I'll ask the question yet again to the LEADERSHIPS of any raiding guild: Do the actions of the few greedy individuals in question, reflect the wishes of everyone in the rotation? The leadership of BI and EG still need to be heard here as well as many public guilds.

This is the appropriate way to field this issue since it is likely that the voices of many wouldn't be heard in a sudden "impromptu" TeamSpeak meeting.

• Upvote 1

Alurra is discussing this rationally Mimir. Further, enlisting the opinions of leaderships of all guilds is the proper response as this matter involves everyone who raids in the rotation. So please stop trying to divert and deflect this conversation from the original topic. I would further point out that its NOT Static, VGE, or many of the public guilds, that time and again cause problems in these raids and steal them from other guilds. Speaking for Static, I can say that we honor our agreements, and I do know the leaderships of VonCorp and many of the public guilds do as well. This kind of thievery needs to stop before matters escalate, and stop for good.

So I'll ask the question yet again to the LEADERSHIPS of any raiding guild: Do the actions of the few greedy individuals in question, reflect the wishes of everyone in the rotation? The leadership of BI and EG still need to be heard here as well as many public guilds.

This is the appropriate way to field this issue since it is likely that the voices of many wouldn't be heard in a sudden "impromptu" TeamSpeak meeting.

I was only trying to keep the dirty laundry off the main boards.  It may be rational but Alurra has been our rep for long enough to know who the leads are and or how to find out, without involving everyone on the forums.  

The original post sounded (text messages are hard to interpret) as some were being called out for raiding out of turn.    

Asking that such discussions be held in private is not diverting.

This type of forum PvP only serves to inflame parties. Most, some, a few  don't even know what is all about and become pissed off. If there has been violations on the rotation agreement the parties (Big three and a public rep) need to work it out (out of the forums) and then post the results of that meeting here.

OK....so how is asking that this be handled off forum, diverting? For future reference.

Here's an even better question....Why do you want to keep quiet that what your guildmates has done? Considering the circumstances surrounding this issue, a legitimate question has indeed been asked, one that should be addressed/answered by any and all concerned about all hell breaking loose. Recap...We seem to have a few individuals (thus far) who feel that they can do whatever they want...whenever they want. Now we have a guild member/friend of theirs trying to "quiet" dissent on this forum board. With all due respect, Mimir you are just as much a part of the problem as the raid thieves. Now, let's hear from some of the others in your guild....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1