I Need A Vacation !

Its been a while since Ive had a real vacation.

Here's a scary thought.

I have been thinking of visiting some of our players countries and cities.

My new passport has got no stamps in it !
Here's what I've been looking at, seriously.

London - Oxford - Brussels - Amsterdam  Then do it all in reverse...

[attachment=3205:UK rail.JPG]

Itinerary: Fly into London, train it to Oxford stay at a bed and breakfast 2 nights, Train it back to London --> Brussels then on to Amsterdam.
Bed and Breakfast U.K.
[attachment=3204:Oxford-London-Amsterdam.JPG]
Hostel Amsterdam

Oxford is 25 miles south of me  ,i am sure you will like it if you like old buildings with a lot of history . Possibly meet you for a pint :)

I think that for me, when we went to Milan(o) we were allowed to climb to the top of churches that were built before Columbus (nod to Italy) or even Eric the something (nod to the vikings) came to our shores.  This may have changed but with hour =/- flights you can cover much of Europe in a short amount of time.  Also (If this has not changed) once you are there, travel between countries is/was easy peasy.

While in England watch out for the cabs... Look right NOT left for oncoming traffic while crossing the streets.   

Words of wisdom from an almost flattened Mim.

Oxford is 25 miles south of me  ,i am sure you will like it if you like old buildings with a lot of history . Possibly meet you for a pint :)

I'm counting on it.
"A Pint" ? 2-3 every evening I hope.
I've been to 3 of those destinations already, but you may already know that. :)

One of the most remember able  moments was getting on the Very Crowded Tube, "Mind The Gap" A few Asian gentlemen pushed their way off, I will always remember the proper English woman say "Bloody Foreigners".

Iceminer (Tony) lives in Colorado , he came over to the UK a few years ago with his mum .She sadly passed away last week  :( , they toured from London to Edinburgh (looking for Sommerled ?) via Oxford and came up to Banbury on the way to see my family and i   :) . It was very nice to meet them . :)

Edited by Prrekoorb

Itinerary: Fly into London, train it to Oxford stay at a bed and breakfast 2 nights, Train it back to London --> Brussels then on to Amsterdam.

Would go...

Chicago-> Manchester-> Oxford-> London-> Paris-> Antwerpen-> Frankfurt am Main-> Düsseldorf-> Amsterdam-> London

London and Paris: Stay at least 2 days!

If you go to Amsterdam you -must- stop and poke the Webby.

Web search for "Poke the Webby" Did turn up anything. :) j/k
I should pick his brain for interesting things to do and what not to do, like

what NOT to eat from a FEBO.

The Banbury stop off on our trip was a highlight to meet Prre and his family.  We did a London-Edinburgh-London as mom wanted to see London area where her grandfather was from (Marlybone) and wanted to see Scotland.  Almost same trip me and the ex-wife took.

• Upvote 1