Someone today in market asked the question whats the best shield/reactor and guns at lvl 6 for a TT.

So the discussion progressed and I had said type b's for lvl 6 becuase 0guns eat ammo at a stupid rate.

So when he asked why not 0guns we had several people pipe up saying bad ammo useage create a tt alt to haul ammo etc.

So me being me I asked, how fast can a 90% turbo pw use up 30 stacks of 0gun ammo in lvl 6 0guns.

So the challenge is for you to pick a time in how fast I can use up 30 stacks of 0gun ammo on my pw.

I'll be using 200% lvl 6 0guns

a turbo aa for ml's 40%

PB 20%

Cve 12%

Aegis 5%

Focus of the Celestial 7%

Black Force 9 5% installed turbo

40 + 20 + 12 + 7 +5 +5 = 89% turbo

I would like you guys and gals to pick a time and post it here in this thread on how long it'll take.

Please list your ingame names in your guess so I know who I am talking to saturday.

If you do not list your name you will bring to the designated location you will be disqualified.

I do not want people saying that is me. I know most of you guys but..

I would imagine some of you are going to get down to the second.

I will round up to the closest time to fast and nogo so saying 30 seconds and it takes 31 means you won but 29 seconds means you lost.

The reward for the closest guess will be a looted Devistating Gaze beam.

The time will be saturday at 3pm est 12 noon pst. the place.. no peaking i'll announce it saturday about 30 minutes before the event so the mob is secured prior to this little shindig.

I'll be using a program called wsplit to time how long it takes to use up the ammo.

Goodluck and lets have a little fun > :)

A few questions to clarify everyones guesses Magoo. Is this a mass mob killing of several until you run out? Or have you secured some mega mob boss to toss continuos flow of ogun ammo at? Are you solo shooting and not grouped with other players?

The reason I ask is:

1.the time it takes you to retarget and perhaps thrust toward if it's multiple targets will have to be factored into a guess.

2.If it's a megamob for continuos fire, iss it one that shoots back? Your Sap etc. time will have to be factored, your possible down time from being incapacitated as well.

3.If you are soloing it, possible power shortages and mobs debuffs, summoning etc. would have to be factored in. If grouped that also would effect power on hand, possible resists needed etc.

If you wish to keep this all as a "surprise" and delibrate lack of info on your part that's all good by me, but by asking the question(s) this highlights for others that it may not be a simple case of ROF x6 slots x 30 stacks of ammo math problem that they think it is.  I could look up on DB and see how many rounds are fired per sec. for a L6 ogun, multiply that by 6 slots to get a base figure on how long a stack burns. then divide all that into 30. Round it to the closest second and then make that by guess :) But then that's not really a "guess" but math isn't it? By the questions I asked it might be a more "guess" than math. :)

Edited by Mattsacre

Assuming you are using 6 guns for your pw

30 stacks divided among 6 guns =  500 ammo per gun

You are using DuGrand Ogun 200%, firing rate 6.3 seconds

89% turbo according to new formula is 89% faster damage, meaning firing rate 6.3 / 1.89 = 3.33s

Total time = 3.33s * 500 / 3 = 555s = 9min15s

Since reload time is not needed for first shot, reduce 3.33s, you get 9min12s

Edit: oops forgot it fires 3 missiles per volley xD

And forgot my name too... Aegisofdoom

Edited by w4g

w4g you forgot your ingame name. Tough to be proved right when I can't give you a dg and yes it's 6 lvl 6 0guns at 200%.

Matt roflcopters.. you think way to much but it'll be fun no matter what happens.

I remember back before sunset loading my 150 TE up with Catapult 6's then heading out to VG and watching that big ring of purple ammo fly down range and do peanuts for damage against the shrooms.... Was a spectacle to watch, and fun to perform :)

It wasn't quite as fun as ninja buffing in my JE though, warping up on an unsuspecting victim then unloading a full rack of devices plus shield and reactor buffs, then warping off before the person knew what hit them.   The good ol days...