Barrier Of Slime Eight (L8) Drop Rate

Hi,

I was just wondering does this shield still drop?

I must have killed the Bison at the harvest nav in VG at least 300 times now and the only thing it gives is body parts and ammo samples?

Anyways just wondering if I am wasting my time hitting it every hour or of it's just a rare drop.

Kindest regards.

Pestilennce.

Are we sure something's not broken?  Has anyone actually got one recently?

Because while I can't say 300 times, I think I can say without exaggeration I killed the bison 50 times in the last 3 weeks and also never saw one.  In that same time I managed to get 2 Taniwah's Prides and 2 Tatsu's Prides and only had to kill those dudes like 10 times for all 4.  I know you can't compare an L8 shield to and L4 and L5 device, so....uh, well, I don't know how to finish this sentence, because darn if I didn't just do exactly that.  :)

But point is, yeah, I killed the Bison a crapload of times and also saw nothing.   I eventually just gave up and moved on.

Are we sure something's not broken?  Has anyone actually got one recently?

Because while I can't say 300 times, I think I can say without exaggeration I killed the bison 50 times in the last 3 weeks and also never saw one.  In that same time I managed to get 2 Taniwah's Prides and 2 Tatsu's Prides and only had to kill those dudes like 10 times for all 4.  I know you can't compare an L8 shield to and L4 and L5 device, so....uh, well, I don't know how to finish this sentence, because darn if I didn't just do exactly that.   :)

But point is, yeah, I killed the Bison a crapload of times and also saw nothing.   I eventually just gave up and moved on.

JD Fensty,

Did you actually manage to loot anything other than body parts and ammo samples from the corpse in your experience?

Hence the reason for my post because like you I have found other rare items in half the time or at least seen devices etc drop from the corpses in the meantime.

Nope, that's what I meant...must have killed the Bison 50x and never had anything other than the typical bio-parts and some missile ammo...I forget which, but something you can vendor-buy, not rare.

I know some drops are much more rare than others and it's stupid to compare them, but even so, that seems like a lot.  I killed the other spore miniboss there at Seeder 2 and got the ichor cannon after only about 5 tries, for example.

I don't think that bison drops that shield anymore.

I looked at the drop tables and their set right, but, I did find a setting on the mob that shouldn't have been checked. I believe this should fix the "not dropping" issue.

I'm not sure why this check was placed on this mob, but you should see the change on the next server restart - not the next content push.

...but, I did find a setting on the mob that shouldn't have been checked. I believe this should fix the "not dropping" issue.

Heya Ever.

This switch/setting is not affecting drop rates but it's controlling three other (important) mechanisms, so i would switch it back on.

Will explain in detail later in meeting.

Heya Ever.

This switch/setting is not affecting drop rates but it's controlling three other (important) mechanisms, so i would switch it back on.

Will explain in detail later in meeting.

If it's not that switch then why is it not dropping?

Umm...

I picked up a BoS from the Bison for my JE... About six weeks ago.

Rare drop though... I usually zap the Bison as the first hit on my daily patrol of the Universe... (second hit = Raman the Polisher)... So that'll be at least one Bison kill, almost every day, for the last 3 months: only a single BoS drop.

But it *IS* dropping.

And the spawn rate on the Bison seems comfortably regular - there's nearly always a Bison there when I visit, and I know it's a popular target.

Seem to recall from Live that the BoS would also occasionally drop from MOBs other than the Bison... Not sure if that is still (or ever was) the case though.

Rare drop though...<SNIP>

But it *IS* dropping.

This.

If it's not that switch then why is it not dropping?

Dont take an assumption as a fact - there was a BoS looted today in the very early morning time (my time GMT+1).

Well, if someone's gotten one that recently, then that answers my question.  I guess it must be dropping.  It seems EXCEEDINGLY rare, though, for a Level 8 shield that's "pretty good" but still not as good as other more powerful/exotic devices that seem to drop easier.

Perhaps, Fensty, perhaps. :)

Appearances are sometimes deceiving, and sometimes the math just doesn't work out in favor. When looting occurs in this game there is a chance for 'common' loot and 'rare' loot tables to be selected, depending on your luck it may make more than one selection from said 'rare' table and you find something like this.

Nice to see another member back around.

• 2 years later...