Display Driver Problems

I have played on & off for over 2 years, but haven't played since last Oct/Nov timeframe. Running a 2 yr. old comp with Windows 7 64 bit. Never had any major problems on E & B until I tried playing last night. Just started out and decided to enter a station after landing. Going through the main door, the game momentarily froze and starting flashing off & on. I then got an error message from Windows (game still flashing on & off and I can't move) that says that my display driver had stopped working but has recovered. This whole sequence repeats between 5-10 times and then my comp crashes, resulting in a critical error blue screen. I restart my comp in normal mode and everything is fine; never had this issue with any other program or web application. But the problem also occurs at other places within the game and has also occurred during login & character selection.

I have run E&B Config but not sure if this automatically changes game configuration, or if I have to manually change configuration, or if this is just a pass/fail test for computer/video/audio compatibility. Also tried resetting updates through Net7 Launcher. Another thing I tried was reverting back to the previous version of my display driver which was launched last Sep.

Any ideas of what is going on? Is it my machine or is it related to graphics issues of last E&B update?

I would think that if you are the only one having this issue. (Read no others posting similar issues) I would check my hardware. You didn't say if the graphics card was on the mother board or not but... I would do a hardware system scan.  

Just saying,

Mim

I agree with Mim on this one. It is definitely a graphics issue from your machine, not the game itself.

I would suggest that you ensure you are running the enb config as admin by right clicking it then running it, then be sure to run the test configs and pay attention to what your screens are telling you. I know I have a higher end graphics card/chip on my laptop but if I turn it on full throttle the machine starts to act a bit wonky, so I have it tuned back a tad to keep it in check. Try it and see if it helps. If it doesn't, then I suggest you follow Mims advice and do a full battery of tests on the graphics card.

Fly Safe

-Alurra