Unable To Log In After Update

I am unable to log into the EnB client since the update. Client CTD from the log-in page after username & password are entered,

Have tried removing the .ini files a number of times with the same result. Nothing has changed with my account since 1230 pm (Sydney, Aus.) but the update.

Running Windows Vista, service pack #2. 

***EDIT***

I just did a re-install as well, but only for EnB not the N7 launcher. Now even with the update patch from the N7 website, I'm getting this error. 

[attachment=3185:EnB error.jpg]

Edited by wun1one

I am unable to log into the EnB client since the update. Client CTD from the log-in page after username & password are entered,

Have tried removing the .ini files a number of times with the same result. Nothing has changed with my account since 1230 pm (Sydney, Aus.) but the update.

Same problem, after restarting computer (win 7) all works

I was looking forward to flying around for a few hours but sadly the new patch has killed it completely.  I don't even get to the login screen.  As soon as I click the "I Agree" button it just sits there trying to log in, no movie, no login screen, just the windows desktop. 

I'm running the game on Windows XP Pro SP3 and have been playing happily without any issues until the patch today.

Please help.

Edited by Eden

Mine crashes out after EULA pops up. Help meh! :(

I'm having this issue as well.  Probably going to try a full reinstall here in a little bit.

*edit - uh.. nevermind I guess.  Third restart and it works.

*another edit!  I'm not a big fan of things not working and then working without me knowing what I did, so I restarted again and let everything get going before trying.  Apparently bitdefender decided it didn't like enb anymore.  I rarely restart - so I might've killed the BD process before for whatever reason, I've only been playing enb again for the last few days, I'm guessing that when it worked earlier I had it launched before the few on-startup programs I run got going.  Wouldn't launch with bitdefender running - will launch without.  This may be 100% unrelated to everyone elses problems, sorry!

Edited by afelirick

Just finished doing a complete re install, in my case it hasn't fixed the issue, I'm still unable to get to Megan and the login screen.  Can't think of anything else to try.  

Regarding Wun1one's issue with the Net-7 launcher, you need to run e&b-up.exe from the downloads page to patch the launcher to the latest version   It patches the launcher so make sure it points at that instead of the e&b client when you run it. 

However I'm still screwed even with Net-7 fully patched up to date.

Any suggestions or help would be very handy right now.

Edited by Eden

Running Windows Vista, service pack #2. 

***EDIT***

I just did a re-install as well, but only for EnB not the N7 launcher. Now even with the update patch from the N7 website, I'm getting this error. 

attachicon.gifEnB error.jpg

Re-install of Net7 launcher fixed the error, but still CTD after entering password.

Same/similar issues here.

I have a Win7 SP1 x64 installation, where I occasionally open a Win XP SP3 x86 virtual machine.

Since the patch today, the Win 7 has continued to run the same as always, no noticeable difference.

The XP VM, which had no changes whatsoever to it other than the patch itself, I can't log in.

From watching Task Manager, I can see that the launcher is running, then the client.exe starts up, displays the anti-harassment policy.  When you click 'I Agree' the client.exe continues to run for about 30 seconds, then simply shuts down.  The launcher never comes back, and in the tray, the icon sticks on 'Login' and you cannot right-click and 'Terminate Client' though you can double-click and get the status window to pop up, so it's not frozen completely.

This is a throwaway VM so it has no antivirus, firewall, etc.  I could restore it back to before the patch, but I'm not going to bother because based on the other posts here I'm assuming something else is up from the patch....

JD

Just finished downloading a dodgy copy of Windows 7 and trying to build a virtual machine with it so I can run E&B.  No serial number, hoping I can get it to work for a few months on a trial .... need my E&B fix.

there is a corrupt file that was migrated with the patch, this file is causing the client.exe to crash on windows xp machines.  EnB staff already has a fixed file and they will migrate the fix soon.

Thanks magoo for helping troubleshoot this with us.

there is a corrupt file that was migrated with the patch, this file is causing the client.exe to crash on windows xp machines.  EnB staff already has a fixed file and they will migrate the fix soon.

Thanks magoo for helping troubleshoot this with us.

Thanks for that fvesely, but will that be the same problem for Windows Vista users as thats what I'm running?

Where is this new patch to fix XP SP3  ? has it been released yet  ?

update : just clicked Debug Launch on the launcher and now I can get in no problem .... hmm

I cannot find any update for the launcher and it does not come up automatically

Edited by Talroc

Launcher should deliver it when you log in, the problem was a few of the graphics config files. They lost whitespace and produced strange results. If you're still having a problem, try a reinstall. Probably the fastest resolution to your problem.