An Idea To Make The Game 10 Times More Fun

w4g

Thanks Kyp and others for considering the idea :)

If nothing else, it will definitely add variety to end game characters.

Let there be advantages. Let there be disadvantages. Let everyone try out different combinations.

If a PW wants to kite all day with lv9 missiles, let him, although maybe a JD can kite just the same or better. It is different play styles.

Who says terrans should monopolize kiting? Why can't PW do more than stare at enemy in the face and pull triggers?

Put in restrictions that need to be overcome. Let skill point allocation be a harder decision. Let people get to lv200 and still have more skills they want.

This is all FUN!

Btw, I read through the design documents, and it seems that some of the current items like black spitter and intent engine already negates all the initial racial weaknesses. Lv9 weapons to all can hardly do worse. At least different types of lv9 weapons will actually be manufactured instead of the current 1 or 2 lv9 weapon types for everyone out of the 20 available.

Edited by w4g

Now on the aspect of secondary or tertiary weapons, I would like to see more support for them over the course of the game.  I don't think you should get them to L9, but if there are other benefits that make up for that, like a useful buff, that's hard to get for your race, that might be nice.  Of course the devil is in the details.  I'd suspect that the support classes might be quicker to adopt said weapons, since their contributions to a group or raid is often something other than DPS.

Having used Projectiles on a JE in EnB Origins, you needed a Heart of the Dark One reactor to get the most out of them.  A HoDO at 85% quality would get you around 7K Projectile range on a JE using Ninja's Shurikens.  The Flechette Beta PL would be rather nice on a JE/JT because of the Projectile Energy conserve, and the Reduce Signature buffs.  It does help that I already have a HoDO, an aa Gahkur Ys & an aa Gahte An Ne on my JE.  A HODO drops in the fishbowl or at the Tada-O gate.  The Ancient Artifacts; however, are quite rare.   I'm not sure what would be the right combination of buffs to get a support character to use said weapons that wouldn't be overpowered for the game.  It might not exist.

• 5 months later...

...PW kiting with lv9 missile will be out of range for shield sap, inversion and gravity link, thus actually lowering damage output.

The point is, no one will be harmed by the changes...

Dude... a PW with 6 slot missiles and turbo wouldn't need Shield sap, inversion or gravity link, LOL.