Very Sloooooooooow Connection

I have been trying to connect to the forums for the past several days with varying degrees of success.  When there are over 170 or so anonymous users I just can't get on at all.  Now with only 78 or so  anonymous users I can get on but page loads take 20 to 30 seconds.  Makes it very hard for me to piss off other users. ;) 

I am in the process of replacing my router as well as upgrading switches (needed overall not just for here) I hope to see an improvement.

ただ、言っ

Mim

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey Mimir, definitely not your side. You could throw in a catalyst and not see better performance i'm afraid. :)

That said, I'm going to be pissing some more off this evening when I get home. I'm watching the IP addresses logged by the forum registration/spam filter and banning ranges based on that.

btw, it was 45 seconds or more with 100+, it's been averaging more like 11-15 seconds with the current measures, at least that's what the statistics page says.

• 2 months later...
Seems better today.
I did a traceroute yesterday and one of the hops was timed out so thats probably the reason for the site not loading for some and working for others.

Something was giving us the equivalent of a DDoS, hitting the web server so hard and fast that it couldn't keep up. It'll probably take a few more days to get back to normal. That and one of our old spam plugins was writing many thousands of IP addresses in as banworthy that were involved, so every time someone registered it was having to search all of these with a regex, for those of you who know what that is.

access to the forums on my cell phone is glacially slow I am at home now which its almost instantaneous access, but my cell phone i use to read the forums while i am at lunch at work  it take what seems like for ever  to load,  up until about two weeks ago it did load relatively fast  (AT&T Galaxy S4)

Beats what I'm getting, in every forum topic except player knowledgebase I get the following

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

I guess that beats slow, it just does nothing, been like this since last week