If EA turned the servers back on...

271 members have voted

1. 1. Would you subscribe?

• Yes
    • No

well i love the game but i dont think id like to put money back into ea games due to the fact they can not be trusted .i refused to purchase any ea game after the shut down of EnB.id gladly pay someone else to play but i think a upgrade would have to come before that. it is a ten year old game

Nah.

This was my first MMO and it's my last stop before I swear off online gaming altogether.

Ditto. I told myself I'd quit MMO's and most games with this emulator. Quite romantic that it ends with the same game it all began with.

Which is why you guys need to finish it. XD

I keed. Take your time -- I'm in no rush. ^^

• 2 months later...

I vote a very loud and prominent NO! EA shut 2 games down I liked EnB and motor city online. as alot of people have said I don't trust them and would think it's just some kind of trick to buy some kind of upgrade package then shut it down a year later.

• 2 weeks later...

I was browsing "their" forums and found this. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/472007.page My link

Not to belittle the amazing work the devs here have done, but if they would release the server code (as they have for other games), it would be easier.

when they release server code does it come with restrictions or just here and do what you want... cuz yeah... if they said here is where you were at sunset now have a party that would really rock...

• 4 weeks later...

I was browsing "their" forums and found this. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/472007.page My link

Not to belittle the amazing work the devs here have done, but if they would release the server code (as they have for other games), it would be easier.

Just responded to that thread, I highly recommend that 'everyone' else does too, since this is a prime opertunity for our voices to be heard!

I would be willing to bet real money that EA has already forgotten this poll and has moved on to something else with no real intentions of ever re-releasing any of their old games.

:D thanks for the votes of confidence!

Also - nooooo!! to EA releasing the source code. It's been a lot of fun learning how to code a server from scratch, even though it's frequently frustrating when things don't work how they should be. Also the amount of work we've put into getting this far ... for all the teams ... it would be a huge blow if it were all for nothing.

I would be willing to bet real money that EA has already forgotten this poll and has moved on to something else with no real intentions of ever re-releasing any of their old games.

Good point given that the EA UK forums had multiple bring back EnB threads, one of which was in excess of 100 pages in length.

I don't like the way EA does business, so no.

I have much more confidence in our group, for love of the game or for learning. This is one instance where the "why" isn't as important.

:D thanks for the votes of confidence!

Also - nooooo!! to EA releasing the source code. It's been a lot of fun learning how to code a server from scratch, even though it's frequently frustrating when things don't work how they should be. Also the amount of work we've put into getting this far ... for all the teams ... it would be a huge blow if it were all for nothing.

Agreed. I could do with the client code though. I'd love to see if we could hack together more rooms for starbases and GUI mods would be easily within our grasp.

Agreed. I could do with the client code though. I'd love to see if we could hack together more rooms for starbases and GUI mods would be easily within our grasp.

yeah the client code would be awesome, bigger starbases with all sorts of funky features would be really good.

yeah the client code would be awesome, bigger starbases with all sorts of funky features would be really good.

Good point, the Tuesday Night Knife Fights in the Lounge at QAR are a bit difficult when there isn't a Lounge there. :D

Good point, the Tuesday Night Knife Fights in the Lounge at QAR are a bit difficult when there isn't a Lounge there. :D

We could add a lounge to QAR to with our current setup; I was just referring to the fact that there is a maximum of 4 rooms for each starbase, despite the fact that the starbase rooms are clearly made to be modular. It's an unfortunate limitation of the client, which was rushed to release by our friends at EA. :D

We could add a lounge to QAR to with our current setup; I was just referring to the fact that there is a maximum of 4 rooms for each starbase, despite the fact that the starbase rooms are clearly made to be modular. It's an unfortunate limitation of the client, which was rushed to release by our friends at EA. :D

Cool, learned something new. Thanks.

wouldnt the starbases with the disco room count as 5? also while you might not be able to add rooms... you could probably add as many floors as you want... just put in an elevator and when you walk in you would zone up or down to the next floor?

wouldnt the starbases with the disco room count as 5? also while you might not be able to add rooms... you could probably add as many floors as you want... just put in an elevator and when you walk in you would zone up or down to the next floor?

Maybe the disco room counts as part of the bazaar, since there isn't a door seperating them from one another. Same for stations like N7 that have an upstairs room in their Lounge.