Jenquai Seeker

This guide is for players that are new to the Jenquai Seeker, and are looking for help about there class along the way.

NOTE: There won't be much known about this class since it's still in the development stages, so frequent changes will be made to this post.

Advantages:

• The biggest advantage: They can Recharge Shields and Optimization Reactors, good trade, stealthy, fast.
  • 4 Weapon Slots
  • 5 Device Slots
  • Cloak – Hide from your enemies
  • Fold Space – Allows you to teleport you or your group in sector
  • Build skills – Build your own weapons, engines, devices, and components
  • Negotiate – Get better deals, whenever, wherever.
  • Reactor Optimization – Allows higher reactor capacity, and faster recharge.
  • Recharge Shields – Recharge the targets shields

Disadvantages:

• Weak shield and hull
  • No damage control
  • Requires tactical play
  • No missile technology
  • Limited combat abilities

------ Focus

Beam Weapon (9): ---

Projectile Weapon (8): ---

Reactor Tech (9): Max

Device Tech (9): Max

Engine Tech (8): Max

Shield Tech (8): Max

Cloak (5): ---

Fold Space (5): ---

Reactor Optimization (7): ---

Recharge Shields (7): ---

Negotiate (5): ---

Build Components (7): ---

Build Devices (7): ---

Build Engines (7): ---

Build Weapons (7): ---

Advantages:

• --------------------
  • --------------------
  • --------------------
  • --------------------

Disadvantages:

• --------------------
  • --------------------
  • --------------------
  • --------------------

Hints and Tips

Grouping:

----------------------------------------------

Solo:

Starting out:

After you finish your newbie missions you have a choice to make. First you must choose which weapon you are going to specialize in. This will make all the difference in the world. It will change your solo and group tactics and how you do combat in the future. A brief rundown is that terrans specialize in missile technology. While they hit hard from afar, they can get very costly. Progen specialize in projectiles have a medium range and do good damage, but also can get costly, but less then missiles. Jenquai specialize in beams that are close range combat and require no upkeep. Many simply choose beams because it is cost effective. Choose the one that’s right for you.

You must also choose what type of class you want to play as putting points into skills will make a big difference later on. So choose carefully and pick the one that suits you. Plan you character early and it will save you a lot of time when you get into the higher levels. You can’t go back and change your character, so whatever you use your points for you’re stuck with it unless you can find a Progen Sentinel with "Call Forward".

Advanced tips:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seekers can also build Devices. Seekers get L7 Negotiate, rather than L5, at this time.

Reactor Optimization is an active skill that makes your reactor cap higher, and makes it recharge faster. First 4 levels can be cast only on Skill User, L5+ can be cast on others at this time. Max level allows you to increase a player's reactor cap by 25% and recharge by 20%.

Seekers also have L5 Scan skill. Of the classes with an Explorer component, they have the least scanner range before buffs. In terms of scan range the classes are as follows, when scan is maxed. Jenquai Explorer > Progen Sentinel/Terran Scout> Jenquai Defender > Jenquai Seeker > Everyone Else.

• 3 weeks later...

According to Marco on his blog:

The following changes will be noticed within two weeks:

- Psionic Shield is gone. You will not be missed.

- Navigate has been reduced to match the Privateer. To keep the Terran's happy.

- Fold Space was added to level 5; after Kenu and myself settled with a roshambo (definition number 1) match. I won. :)

- Also, the big one... A new Build Skill. You'll have to wait to see. >.>

I'm going to change the post above, I am kinda going to be sad about the removal of Psionic Shield, since I used it plus the shield recharge combo.

- Fold Space was added to level 5; after Kenu and myself settled with a roshambo (definition number 1) match. I won. :)

I'm going to change the post above, I am kinda going to be sad about the removal of Psionic Shield, since I used it plus the shield recharge combo.

Navigate? Don't you mean Negotiate? Seekers don't have Navigate, only JE, TE (E=Explorer), and TT have that skill.

I don't think my Seeker will complain about losing her Psi Shield, she uses Recharge Shields far more. Can she have her 21 skill points back?

Adding Fold Space, is something I like, makes Seeker able to separate mobs, same as JE/JW, good thing.

New build skill? Interesting, my guess is Reactors, but I could be wrong. If there isn't some new equipment to build, Reactor makes sense. If there is a new type of equipment to build, then I'm very curious.

- Fold Space was added to level 5; after Kenu and myself settled with a roshambo (definition number 1) match. I won. ;)

Is this planned for after the wipe, or before?

Adding Fold Space, is something I like, makes Seeker able to separate mobs, same as JE/JW, good thing.

Is this working now? I've resisted putting points into Fold Space until I knew that Fold Enemy was actually working.

Seems sad to see Psi Shield go but with Recharge Shields I guess it's better to max the latter instead.

Is this working now? I've resisted putting points into Fold Space until I knew that Fold Enemy was actually working.

Seems sad to see Psi Shield go but with Recharge Shields I guess it's better to max the latter instead.

Fold Enemy is working, as far as I can see. Some mobs don't display range correctly. Hence the Nagifars for example. So then Fold Space would have issues with them. For example, the distance from the mob is measured from their "center point." The actual skin/surface of the mob could be up to a few kilometers from their center. For example, Nagifars, Tengu, Planet Eaters, Sundivers, etc. Basically any huge mobs.

- Marco

Fold Enemy is working, as far as I can see. Some mobs don't display range correctly. Hence the Nagifars for example. So then Fold Space would have issues with them. For example, the distance from the mob is measured from their "center point." The actual skin/surface of the mob could be up to a few kilometers from their center. For example, Nagifars, Tengu, Planet Eaters, Sundivers, etc. Basically any huge mobs.

- Marco

It's not working properly on huge or small enemies as far as I can tell. Last time I tried it I couldn't teleport away anything great or small, that was further away than .8K or so, when the range should be 5.5K at L3 with no FS buffs installed.

ScreenShot79.jpg

ScreenShot83.jpg

Oh and given that match to determin FS on the Seeker, a little ice might help with the pain and swelling. ;)

It's not working properly on huge or small enemies as far as I can tell. Last time I tried it I couldn't teleport away anything great or small, that was further away than .8K or so, when the range should be 5.5K at L3 with no FS buffs installed.

Connection Speed? MVAS miscalculations? Don't know. Works for me about 80% of the time, and I don't even have a [DEV] account.

Oh and given that match to determin FS on the Seeker, a little ice might help with the pain and swelling.

;) Just for clarification... That comment was a joke. :P

I know right now some forum reader is thinking... "Oh my! Marco kicked Kenu in the [censored]. What a bad person."

- Marco

Connection Speed? MVAS miscalculations? Don't know. Works for me about 80% of the time, and I don't even have a [DEV] account.

- Marco

FS only works for me at extremely short ranges, less than 1K, as far as Teleport enemy is concerned. Not sure what my connection speed is, what sites do you consider reliable to test it? Have a cable modem, and Roadrunner is my ISP.

Yeah, I know, my putting ice on them was a joke too, hence the smiley.

- Marco

Cool. I may revisit FS then, because when it's working it's great to have a low sig and be able to pick the mobs out of the group and fight them one at a time - esp. when you only have 3 weps as a JE. No plans to solo Nags anytime soon. ;)

One question on Lowering Negotiate on Seeker from L7 to L5. Will that make her the least earning among the Traders considering that both the PT and TT are more effective in combat? I do agree that the addition of FS will make her more effective in combat, so maybe that will help.

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious about the choice of build reactors for the JS. Building reactors used to be the sole responsibility of the JE. Then the PP was given the ability which made sense because the Progen kinda got hosed in LIVE with little choice for PM reactors. Now a second Jen class gets build reactors?

Curious about what everyone thinks.

Seeing as terrans cannot build reactors when they can make shields and engines, it made sense to us to give JT build reactors. We wanted to give them something both the other trader classes could not do, PP because they can't build jenquai reactors and TT because they can't build reactors. This way, if you wanted to have a trader class primarily to build, you might actually consider picking a JS over the other two because this way they can actually do something the other traders can't.

We didn't want to steal the JE's job, but recognized that most people didn't choose JE just to build reactors. Build reactors is one of the reasons why someone might pick a JE in addition to many other reasons, the ability to prospect, wormhole, group cloak...

Seeing as terrans cannot build reactors when they can make shields and engines, it made sense to us to give JT build reactors. We wanted to give them something both the other trader classes could not do, PP because they can't build jenquai reactors and TT because they can't build reactors. This way, if you wanted to have a trader class primarily to build, you might actually consider picking a JS over the other two because this way they can actually do something the other traders can't.

We didn't want to steal the JE's job, but recognized that most people didn't choose JE just to build reactors. Build reactors is one of the reasons why someone might pick a JE in addition to many other reasons, the ability to prospect, wormhole, group cloak...

Yikes, didn't know this. Not the end of the world but I can't see training my JE to build reactors (again) if there's another char that can build the same reactors AND has Negotiate. I'll leave it to the JS's to be the new reactor building class (at least for all the non-Proggy stuff).

I'm okay with the current changes to the JT. I do think that they should have Scan raised from 5 to 7. All Jenquai get Scan, as a racial trait, being the Explorer race, JE and JW both get L7, and it allows them to share their scan range with other group members. Giving the JT Scan 7, puts them on parity with the JW, in terms of the ablity to buff a group's scan range by her mere presence. JE of course is the best at this since he has both the extended scan range of being an Explorer, and L7 Scan. It also gives the JT 1 skill that requires EL45 to max out, as of right now, the JT's 3 Explore based skills can be maxed at EL25. After that, I'd worry about making some nice items for the JT to bring to groups as well as for solo play. JT does already have 3 really good lines of devices, Coma, Chim, and Manticore.

I'd have to say that I was a little disappointed when I saw that the device and engine levels had been reverted back to 8 & 9, respectively. Lev 9 devices definitely would have helped out group wise end-game. Oh well, I guess the devs had their reasons.

I'd have to say that I was a little disappointed when I saw that the device and engine levels had been reverted back to 8 & 9, respectively. Lev 9 devices definitely would have helped out group wise end-game. Oh well, I guess the devs had their reasons.

They are not being reverted back. There was a reversion on a file that never made the commit into the SVN, and should be updated in the patch for Friday.

- Marco

Only said all terrans make engines that in my opinion if seeker also make engines are a lot of ppl doing engines (4 vs only 2 reactors). With that i understand that JE "exclusive" build if u quit it even less ppl get JE. On the other hand reactors are a luxury item because JE dont have negociate (is true that Je on general are really generous on, mmm i should say tip and not price) and not sure if JE want get engines build. On the other hand JS IMO should have navigate (TE,TT and JE all trade-explorer combinations have it except JS (even only Trader-trader have it)) because now u quit engines 9 and some skill to avoid combat (cloak seem a bit useless).

I play a seeker and i dont found hard get a reactor builder, the reason to give reactos to seeker will be the lack of negociate on JE.

About seeker itself i think a new skill space related will be needed (JE, JD have a lot: wh, summon, foldspace...)