Kill stealing poll.

134 members have voted

1. 1. Your vote on the Kill Stealing issue. What defines Kill Stealing?

• There is no KS’ing, 51% damage is justifiable in any situation.
    • KS’ing happens when someone attacks the MOB you are already fighting and then they DPS faster getting the 51%.
    • KS'ing is when another player intentionally kills your mob, generally following a PM from the aggressor either prior or after the incident.
    • I personally do not care on the subject. Kill stealing does not bother me.
    • Click here for both ass.. AND whiner.

It's whenever a person knowingly and willfully tries to outdamage you on a mob they know you're attacking for the purpose of keeping you from getting it. Basically IMO, KSing is when a person goes out of his way to be a jerk. Not all cases of a person firing on a mob that another person is attacking are KS, sometimes they're not aware of the mob being attacked. Missiles on the way, JW decloaking and opening fire before missiles hit, or JW about to decloak when TW fires his missiles. Either one not being aware of the other, or really paying attention to the other would not be KSing IMO. Since neither player seems to have ill intent towards the other.

You can't really see any dmg before ytou fie as TE/.

I voted NO KS - i loose kills, i win kills.

I say sorry when I KS.

There is no no. You either vote as an ass or a whiner lol

Third option was: It’s time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I’m all out of bubblegum. But there is no ass kicking option in the game mechanics so I left it :)^_^

At least I mean no no as in not accidental, unless you play the whole game in the newbie spawn for two shot kills (if there is KS'ing, to be fair to the poll). KS'ing after newbie areas is deliberate. It's not about accidental attacks, that's not what I meant by no, it can take a few minutes to take a MOB down.

• Downvote 1

I think when people kill steal they are weak and need help . Yeah a little upsetting when I

start to kite a mob like 7-10 cls higher than me and bout halfway down this other playen been sitting and watching and waiting for me to get it down close so that 51% point then they summon it away from me to kill im out time and ammo and loot. So yeah I dont agree with kill stealing. Yeah PVP whould not be a bad idea.

• Upvote 1

This whole KS-ing thing has gotten overcomplicated while its very easy really.

Treat the people/groups you meet in the hunting grounds that also farm on an individual basis. There should be no "gentleman's agreement" over KS-ing because that will only cause more whining and crying because it will be constantly broken.

By treating the group/people on an individual basis i mean:

- With people you're on good or neutral terms with, share mobs or group with them.

- With people that dislike you, or you them, don't expect they will share mobs or group with you. In other words be ready to take the kill or have it taken from you

If you can't comprehend the last option then either:

1) You are a member of greenpeace, thus a worthless treehugger who at the same time spreads billions of pamphlets that were made by cutting trees (a hypocrit pacifist)

2) You are one of those players who picks a jenquai explorer and then cries about being killstealed or not being able to kill much. (whiner)

3) You think think teabagging is related to drinking tea.(born yesterday syndrome)

4) You are a boy who secretly wears Y-fronts with his sister's panties underneath. (a not so manly girly man)

Bottom line is share with your friends, but don't share with your enemies. It's a bad bad world out there ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Treat the people/groups you meet in the hunting grounds that also farm on an individual basis. There should be no "gentleman's agreement" over KS-ing because that will only cause more whining and crying because it will be constantly broken.

- With people you're on good or neutral terms with, share mobs or group with them.

- With people that dislike you, or you them, don't expect they will share mobs or group with you. In other words be ready to take the kill or have it taken from you

If you can't comprehend the last option then either:

1) You are a member of greenpeace, thus a worthless treehugger who at the same time spreads billions of pamphlets that were made by cutting trees (a hypocrit pacifist)

2) You are one of those players who picks a jenquai explorer and then cries about being killstealed or not being able to kill much. (whiner)

3) You think think teabagging is related to drinking tea.(born yesterday syndrome)

4) You are a boy who secretly wears Y-fronts with his sister's panties underneath. (a not so manly girly man)

Bottom line is share with your friends, but don't share with your enemies. It's a bad bad world out there ;)

Tyran I would like a subscription to your posts please. +1

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

There is no no. You either vote as an ass or a whiner lol

Third option was: It’s time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I’m all out of bubblegum. But there is no ass kicking option in the game mechanics so I left it ;)^_^

At least I mean no no as in not accidental, unless you play the whole game in the newbie spawn for two shot kills (if there is KS'ing, to be fair to the poll). KS'ing after newbie areas is deliberate. It's not about accidental attacks, that's not what I meant by no, it can take a few minutes to take a MOB down.

I added in two options for you Daywolf.

I personally choose option number three (#3). That is more of an example of an intentional Kill Steal event, that happened to :P. ;)

- Marco

once again... another SUX AZZ enb forum poll that has targeted answers in an attempt to prove the posters point and not include all possible scenarios or has convuluted answers that in essence prove nuttin cuz people dont vote what they feel... but just select the closest answer avble... geeze you guys should be statisticians for the president...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

hah yeah, use caution when griefing a dev, those PM's could ruin your whole day.

AS for the poll, I simply took the two arguments from the other thread, simple as that. Expect there to be 50 choices and long-winded explanations under every imaginable scenario? It was un-biased in that those were the core positions from that thread. It's about the current mechanics, not clinical psychology and the psychological effects of communal interactions among stereotypical participants...

notice that the post was changed from the OP to make it LESS BIASED... which must mean it was biased from the get go and still is, cuz its only less :) and those were not my words...

get off it and make your own poll already then. :/

Bottom line is share with your friends, but don't share with your enemies. It's a bad bad world out there :)

Probably the smartest answer to this question yet.

There is no KS-ing.... just crappy attitudes, and poor gamership, if it is being done to grief someone else.

But when it gets right down to it.... if one or more parties to this transaction (fighting over who has "the claim" to the MOB) are going to be asshats about it- then the game mechanics work perfectly as intended:

Biggest DPS = WIN.

If you are the victim, and can't reason with the aggressor, then reason with your guildmates or friends who *can* bring bigger and better DPS to the party.

• Upvote 1

It's justifiable. Sometimes.

If someone is just killing for XP/Cash and someone else playing a more combat-oriented class comes in and starts specifically targeting the mobs the first player is shooting to out-DPS him and chase him off the nav, that's general jackassery. Soloing or groups is irrelevant, it's as bad as opening a roid and going afk for the sake of denying every other miner the contents and the field clear XP. Now, accidents happen or a friendly competitive atmosphere is agreed upon sometimes. Times like that, mob competition is fine. But generally unless it's explicit, common courtesy should take place.

Hard world or not, manners shouldn't be left aside just because it's a video game.

If it's boss mobs or rare spawns, it's fair game though. Those things are meant to be fought for.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

50% rule is what it is ...dont bring a knife to a gun fight and whine when your ass gets shot off.

I personally have seen many ppl camping navs killing mobs and when someone warps in ...instead of saying hey wanna group or share...the person start tagging every mob they see.... LETS make this clear right now...this is NOT WoW where all ya gotta do is tag mob and expect other ppl to do the work for ya.gotta put in your 50% or better.Welcome to Earth and Beyond.

And those people will probably end up on the GM Firing line. ;P

****ponders the intricacies of that response *****

***Decides that joyous happy happy joy joy tells to others is in his best interest*****

That being said...I know grieving others is a matter of perspective. I'll be honest here and probably stir up some stuff in my honesty.

There are several guilds that were on Orion that grieved others. Some of the biggest grievers are friends and or ex/guildmates of Devs and/or are associated with them in some shape or form. SO what will be done by the Dev community to these friends that think they are above the law. What will happen to those that complain about these friends/ex(current) guildmates that do not think their crap doesn't stink. Who is policing their activity's to make sure their ego is in check and this Emu is not a "who ya know, gets ya ahead" game.

I am not attacking the Devs, I am just wanting assurances that people I know needed to be banned in live and are here now are not influencing former friendships, and are just here to test and play this game like everyone else.