Server down on a Saturday morning

I cleaned the inside of my car and armor-all'd all the dash, trim, doors... have mercy on me, it's my day off! lol (37 users are reading this topic) Hi Cancunus.

Hello everyone listed down there =) I just wanted to make sure of something... IS the server DOWN? If it is, I can live with it for now, its just the fear that there's something else simply blocking my connection or whatnot ( missed patch/diff certificate/new IP server side etc for example ) that may have been overlooked thats affecting many also. Anyone ? I'm inclined to agree with Frizy tho.

....I CAN'T PROSPECT ASTEROIDS AND CRYSTALS IN WOW ><

my wife is out for the day too... oh well things like this will happen... we should allocate some of the funds from the donations to the dev that is prob pulling his hair out with the server down on a sat... I am sure whatever is goin on its not fun...

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I believe the servers are in Germany..maybe the hampsters just don't have enough beer?

i dont think the server is in germany latance is to bad look more like u.s. :D

normal i will get a latance if the server in

• germany 7-15max

• outsite germany but in eu 12-20max

• us 70-200 ;)

• rest of world 70-700 :)

the net7 launcher give me a latance from 174

so it give it only 2 option cheap german host like 1und1 strato t-o(ff)nline or server4y

or the server is not in germany :P:P

€dit: forum and net7.org is hostet on 1und1 u.s.

• germany 7-15max

• us 70-200 ;)

so it give it only 2 option cheap german host like 1und1 strato t-o(ff)nline or server4y

http://german-bash.org/292889

for the majority of you u.s. users my hampster translated that stuff, took only half a beer for convincing it:

since the new tv ad slogan "we stay as long as until your connection works...!", 1&1 customers live in fear. [...]

xD

• germany 7-15max

• us 70-200 :P

well i get a ping of 14 to play.net-7.org, so either someone made faster than light communication to the server possible, or the server is located in german;):)

Yeah im close to my level 75 hull upgrade. Ive must have hit that net 7 icon 40 times already tring to see if its online but no luck... BTW anyone going to say when it comes back up or going to be to eager to play and bypass

the post... Ill understand.

LOL, as someone who's also "in that business" I can tell you it would take a lot more than a snowstorm to take out any of our data centers.

But I'm still trying to grasp the relationship between snow in Marlyand and a server in Germany . . .

And what is it with all these nervous nellies and some snow. Jeebus, a lot of us live where snow is a part of life this time of year and we just deal with it. It snows in DC and not only is it news but they send home all the workers - PAID! My tax dollars at shirk.

First of all, I said clearly that at the time, I didnt know where the servers were, secondly, weather related possibly, and it has nothing to do with your "data servers"..its aobut moisture..and the line connecting your "data servers"...snow drops trees..trees fall on power lines, etc..or do your "data servers" not need power?

FYI Update...f0x news reports that from 400-500 thousand without power on the east coast today :)

First of all, I said clearly that at the time, I didnt know where the servers were, secondly, weather related possibly, and it has nothing to do with your "data servers"..its aobut moisture..and the line connecting your "data servers"...snow drops trees..trees fall on power lines, etc..or do your "data servers" not need power?

FYI Update...f0x news reports that from 400-500 thousand without power on the east coast today :)

Overhead power lines? Seriously, you have data centers that depend on overhead power lines? Man, I imagine the rest of the setup only goes downhill from there.

Well.. if the hampster died... I say we trudge down to Punxatawney Pa. and get that fat groundhog (who apparently saw his shadow this week, condemning us to another 6 weeks of crappy weather) and install his fat ass in the power supply wheel, as he's clearly not doing ANYTHING anyway!!!

As someone in the electronics industry, every place depends on overhead power lines in the US at some point or another. Our power grid was designed by Karl Steinmetz to last through the 50s or 60s, he said himself that it wasn't intended to last longer than that. So yes, SOMEWHERE data centers in the US always depend on overhead lines, they may be near a substation, but still.