Hi!

So I recently remembered playing with this emulator several years ago, and was thinking that I missed it.

So I'm poking around and planning to see how well it cooperates with Wine (I'm on Solyd K Linux, based off Linux Mint Debian).

Anyone have any pointers if they are already successfully running the emulator on Linux?

Also, I'm jumping back into this with no memory of the species or what they are really best for.  Info & pointers would be fantastic!

[Edit]

.Oo{Moving the meat of this post to the tech support section.  <3}oO.

Edited by Nimsy

• 1 month later...

Of course there's no bad race/class combination, but some might not really shine depending on how you want to play. I just started up again myself, so you're probably better off if somebody else could chime in on this, but on live I maxed out three toons so I can cover the basics at least. You're going to want to build your character towards an eventual purpose. If you haphazardly purchase every skill, you might end up with a mediocre character in the meantime. I suggest, whichever character you settle on, you read all of the skills (carefully) before purchasing too many in anything you might not use, and then maybe even play with the character planner on net7. Warping is a great time to look at your skills! Can't really go wrong with shields, engines, reactor, devices, and weapons though. I'd also suggest trying to focus more on one type of weapon for your character but that might just be me. Do check to see what level you get each skill, and don't forget to go and do the corresping quest to obtain new skills asap.

Welcome back, and good luck!