PS / TS Build ammo skill .

1. Gather: L4 Electro D4 Superinducer, L7 Quark Quantum brain 360, L7 Nova Armored Vault, 5x Decayed Jenquai Heads, 5x decayed Progen heads, and 5x Decayed Terran Heads. 3 cartons of eggs (Somerland station).You will also need to get 3 ammo samples of each of these , Masaaki's Fire (Joves Fury) / Popper Pellets (Jagerstadt)  / Minda's Exorcist (Arx Prima) / Zieg's Apprentice (Arx Magister).All items apart from the Eggs are tradable so you can send a JE shopping if you like . Also the Minda's Exorcist rounds are in a PS only sector , so if you don't fancy going there on your PS ..........make a new pS , buy the ammo then Vault Transfer it to your existing PS .
ABA asteroid AA-244 in center for heads. cl 13 for all three types (these are east of nav) cl 10 (these are around the nav for progen/jenquai . Vendors for comps (I used Jupiter and f-7)

2. Travel to Arx Tiberius in Tarsis and speak to Lancearate Fortunatis for the 'Bite the Bullet' mission.
3. Travel to Ishuan station and speak to the Dr. H'neydoo in the lounge. This will give you the "Green Inititive : Why did the chicken cross". (I went from Kailaasa to Yokan to Castor system.)
4. Go to Arduine planet and talk to the essence research lab near the warder spawn.
5. Give the 3 components that you collected earlier to the lab. Be sure to respond with " I've learned not to mess..."
6. Return to Dr. H'neydoo on Ishuan station.
7. Speak to Mr. Beeker in the same room.
8. Talk to Mr. Beeker again. He will give you the mission "Green Initiative : You'd forget your head if it was't attached"
9. Travel to Jagerstadt City in alpha centauri on Zweihander planet. Speak to Dr. Sacha Ileiko. (You may need to move the heads in inventory to update the mission)
10. Kill the large blue plant outside the city located 5km south of earthcorp research station ~15min timer. Name is Audrey the Weed Popper
11. Return to Dr. Sacha Ileiko to update the mission.Now purchase 3 Popper Pellet samples (get the other ammo samples when you wish but before you get to part 19 )
12. Go to Endiago planet and talk to Ioanna-J Deinon in lounge.
13. Use the wormhole on endrigo planet to go to Risco moon. Once there scan the getco sleeper ship.
14. Return to Porvenir Mons on Endrigo planet and talk to Ioanna-J Deinon in the lounge to get your first sample. (you may need to move around your heads if the mission does not update)
15. Travel to Paren station (via Somerled for eggs) and talk to Hsing Fu'un.(main room)
16. Talk to Hsing Fu'un again.
17. Return to Ishuan station and talk to Mr. Beeker.
18. Talk to Dr. H'neydoo
19. Return to Lancearate Fortunatis (bring all 4 types of ammo samples with you ) . Talk to him a few times , you may need to move the ammo around in your cargo .
20. Mission complete , new skill obtained.For TS change parts 2  to ' Travel to Margessi Station and speak to India van Helkein-Navarre ' and 19 ' Return to India vam Helkein-Navarre (and you dont need the Minda's Ammo samples)

(Ty Aru)

A Credit to Original JE WH Mission Author , i added the Ammo Build Mission info :)

Edited by Prrekoorb
  • Upvote 2

the question I have about this skill is why is it limited to just PS/TS?  Granted, the JE's preferred weapon is beams, but they do have the projectile skill, if a person were to want to play a projectile using JE should they be the only class that has to rely on others for ammo?

Yeah take a JE , the combat weakest class in game (only 3XL9 Beams and l8 shields) and castrate it down to 3XL8 ML or PL so the POWER MINER has to waste cargo space for Ammo...

Sorry, no need for a build ammo skill here

Not a grumble or complaint,

it just seems like a lot of skill points to build level 9 ammunition when other classes get to build beams, missile launchers and projectile launchers which offers trade opportunities for profit.

Uni.

• Like 1

Extended WH on the JE, IMO is a better class improvement than Build Ammo on the other 2 explorers.  It also has expansion possibilities since it's only currently 3 levels, and the galaxy has yet to reach full size.

• Upvote 2

I agree with Unicorn. A lot of SP for the ability to make just ammo but not MLs/Beams/PLs. Howabout L1 for skill acquisition, L2/3 for 1 SP, L4/5 for 2 SP, L6/7 for 3 SP and L8/9 for 4 SP - total 10 SP. As it stands it's going to be 21 SP and it's a long way until next Christmas!

Thanks for the new skill anyway. I just wish my TS could get another Ballistic Sniper sample lol.
  • Like 1

I too have a weapons and ammo builder. While I think the intent and good feels behind this new skill for Progen Sentinel and the Terran Scout is nice, I have to disagree, gently, with it. Part of the challenge and inter-class commerce that was Earth & Beyond came from the fact that the Explorers did not build weapons. That has now been whittled.

You don't have to change it back. But neither do I have to agree with this move. To me and for me, it belittles the classes and the game.
I will not be Calling Forward any of my points to re-allocate them towards this new skill. I'd rather have something else in its place.

From the drydock hangar at Saturn sector's NET-7 SOL, this is the Pakkrat.
  • Upvote 3

I too have a weapons and ammo builder. While I think the intent and good feels behind this new skill for Progen Sentinel and the Terran Scout is nice, I have to disagree, gently, with it. Part of the challenge and inter-class commerce that was Earth & Beyond came from the fact that the Explorers did not build weapons. That has now been whittled.

You don't have to change it back. But neither do I have to agree with this move. To me and for me, it belittles the classes and the game.
I will not be Calling Forward any of my points to re-allocate them towards this new skill. I'd rather have something else in its place.

From the drydock hangar at Saturn sector's NET-7 SOL, this is the Pakkrat.

I too have a weapon/ammo builder but... In EA Live I only had a PS and bugging my guild mates to make my ammo (seems I always ran out before a raid) was to put it gently a major PITA!  This change for player independence seems counter to the "B" outline for good "Sunrise" play style.  

BUT...

If some players want to play one and only one character and... doesn't  happen to have endless hours to level multiple characters this change is great! 

The very best part is that now you have a choice, continue on with the way it has been, or play the best character in game (IMHO) and not be a burden on others for daily ammo use. 

Just saying,

Mim

PS Thank you Devs

I echo Mimir's thoughts. Great for the self sufficient PS and TS. In fact they should really become the ammo suppliers in my little navy. Mine then make. It's made me get the TS and PS out of the dusty hanger. I just need to find more ammo samples. Another reason to go hunting again. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

The problem I see is that you don't receive any build XP for making ammo and personally I believe that any interaction with a terminal whether it's to refine, analyze or build resulting in a successful accomplishment should contribute towards your over all chance of success including disassembling and component recovery.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

One problem Amethyst making your TS/PS your little ammo builders for your navy,  you still have to convert the ores to comps, so your trader can't be out of the loop :) the trader may as well a make ammo as well as long as they are making the comps :)

The biggest boon will be for the PS, they used to go through whole cargo holds of ammo during raids etc. begging that many stacks of ammo 6 at a time from others is annoying, building your own hold at a time rocks.

Edited by Mattsacre

On 2/1/2015 at 10:29 AM, Prrekoorb said:

For TS change parts 2  to ' Travel to Margessi Station and speak to India van Helkein-Navarre ' and 19 ' Return to India vam Helkein-Navarre (and you dont need the Minda's Ammo samples)

(Ty Aru)

A Credit to Original JE WH Mission Author , i added the Ammo Build Mission info :)

• 1 year later...

The mission is way too long. It has too many steps, covering too far of a journey, and is quite expensive, also (200-300k credits total parts & bribery costs, at only level 45? way too expensive), for too little reward. The skill is useful, but is meant to obtain at a rather low level, still. You're a non-combat class that's required to do combat in this mission line against higher level mobs to get the parts/heads you need. That's imbalanced & unfair. Also, the skill point investment required afterwards is too steep, through 9 levels of the skill. Ideas above were far better:  each skill level gives +2 levels of ammo building.