Wheat from the Chaff

Someone posted in game, "L30 HU Missions get rid of the chaff"...

I disagree - forcing players to do missions could be counter productive. In my gaming experience the point of your next advancement should not be an obstacle, it should be a reward for the time you have already put in, and the choices you have already made.

When I was in the army - a great tool for hardening character was to state a reward would be given if a certain task was completed, and then at completion of the task the reward would be taken away/postponed.

EMU player base is not the army, although we do get to blow sh*t up :D

"Chaff" is also important - carefree, sometimes creative, even if it does get up some peoples noses....

And according to Wikipedia "Rice Chaff" can be used for:

toothpaste, composting, fuel, pillow stuffing, filtration, ceramic blades and FIREWORKS...!!!

the lvl 30 hu missions are "optional" you are given an option to skip the mission and get your HU directly, but this option also precludes you fro getting any follow on hu missions, these missions including the lvl 30 have relatively nice rewards in experience points in all three categories and mission reward equipment that can be used for some time.

Well said Woodstock.

Everyone is so eager to hit 150 and not explore that this game has to offer in way of content, story line and the little extra things to do. You hear I don’t have time to build another toon to do this or that and the next thing you hear is there is nothing to do.  Here is a thought, the next time you logon and are not able to find anything to do;  make a New toon don't put it in your guild and lvl it on your own, go to each station and NPC and see if they have a mission for you and rediscover EnB all over again. Heck Do Agrippa and stop complaining about a back door. it has been two years; some of you could have had it done already.

Just 2.5 cents of thought.

• Upvote 1

Well said Woodstock.

Everyone is so eager to hit 150 and not explore that this game has to offer in way of content, story line and the little extra things to do. You hear I don’t have time to build another toon to do this or that and the next thing you hear is there is nothing to do.  Here is a thought, the next time you logon and are not able to find anything to do;  make a New toon don't put it in your guild and lvl it on your own, go to each station and NPC and see if they have a mission for you and rediscover EnB all over again. Heck Do Agrippa and stop complaining about a back door. it has been two years; some of you could have had it done already.

Just 2.5 cents of thought.

Yup, as for the Agrippa I did just that, I have a PW and a PP that I have gone through the normal Agrippa mission lines.  My point about asking for the back door is two fold.  One... it was promised by 'B' that it would be put into the game (asking if this was or will be changed is not necessarily a whine but more of a gentle?) prod.  The second is that at one time when 'B" was absent, the devs started to change ALL the requirements back to something less restrictive. This kinda sorta shows that the restrictions may not be as popular as originally thought they would be.

The backdoor to Agrippa mystery has been answered in another thread and IMHO is a dead horse.  Let's move on.

just saying,

Mim

Edited by Mimir
  • Downvote 1