Explore EXP

Hi EMU,

Explore EXP - you can only get enough EXP though all the NAV points in the game to get to level 25...

The majority of people rely on touring their 5 new toons around (meta-gaming) to get Explore EXP.

Some Explore EXP can be gotten by missions.

Is there some way we can actually EXPLORE to get Explore EXP ?

Suggestion: Some sort of instance generator - equal in difficulty level to the area it spawns in ?

- Primary reward - Explore EXP.

- Secondary reward - based on instance type: action/trading/manufacturing/black ops.

- starting with small instances as a test bed, that would not greatly negatively impact the status quo, if smart people found a loop hole before it could be addressed.

- this would preferably be a solo instance as the goal is Explore EXP, not to harvest shinnies.

note: (simplified definition) Meta Gaming (in mmorpgs) = using a games dynamics to progress, as apposed to playing the game.

P.S. This would be a massive undertaking, and clearly could destabilize the whole game, so for now I offer this idea purely as an exercise in debate to liven the forum up :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As you travel around the game "exploring" places you have not yet been to you will get explore points you can get up to lvl 25 explore just by hitting every regular nav in the game..  an explorer class gets explore also from mining resources.  the points awarded vary depending on the area and the resources

There are also missions given by NPC's in the game that the primary reward is explore xp. I can't remember which ones off the top of my head, but they are there. :D

You have the option to do jobs from the terminal, specifically explore jobs. Many will tell you it is pointless since they 'nerfed' it back in ST4. It wasn't technically nerfed it was just brought back more into line with what was in live. Of course it made it more difficult to quickly gain a level, hence the 'nerf' ;)

There are multiple ways to get explore xp, but it really does depend on your race/class the rate at which you gain it. The same applies to trade and combat as well.

*corrected for my lost n't in wasn't

Edited by Alurra

Don't forget, once you max out one of the three, all future xp dumps into the other two at a reduced rate.

Ie. You max out trade, after that 80% of all trade xp is dumped 50/50 into combat and explore.

My warriors finished off their el by shooting and looting.

Explore jobs were not Nerf'd, they were corrected; lets get it right.

I used the term that many players on this server identify with. I obviously don't agree with it otherwise I would not have put it in the ' ' marks.

• Upvote 1

I gave this fair thought.
Really.

This would again convince the Devs I was smoking something illegal or newly-legal but here's my story-based idea. Implementing such would be far out of my technical expertise. I'm just a rat. Being white ain't easy.

Here goes: Rather than 'instance' zones that are activated by a single pilot or group, how about a quantum entangled sector that is reachable randomly by one of the now-famous InfinitGate glitches.

Here's how the story goes. Your toon is travelling along some well-used route, minding their own business. The pull up to an InfinitiCorp brand InfinitiGate, (not Ancient nor some sector slide gate or natural wormhole or weft). All seems well when you press the Gating button......

And while your ship is approaching the spinning and opening, hexagonal rings, a Gate Malfunction occurs! Suddenly the toon is trapped in Gating to somewhere unintended! Alarms and klaxons start hammering into the eardrums. Lights flash, graphics happen, shields buckle and armor plates rattle.

When space returns to normal, the pilot's navigation and science sensors determine that due to an erratic quantum entanglement, the ship has been shunted to a parallel sector instead of the intended one. All the way out to maximum Scan range, space seems similar to the desired sector. Except that its inhabitants are not the usual mobs of the 'real' sector. Something, some attribute of this new sector is inverted, anti-spin, or otherwise out of sync with the galaxy one is used to. The planetary bodies are there. The nav bouys seem present. Look, there's the next one in the same place. But all the mobs of this parallel sector are different. Fields of asteroids are not in their known positions - or they have different ore levels. This is all wrong! We're not in Kansas anymore, TotoAI. Suddenly there is a completely new sector for exploring, one with all new and undiscovered objects to gain Explore XP from.

But how to get back to an un-entangled space?

That is where Missions to escape this parallel sector begin....

From the Writers' Desk at NET-7 SOL in Saturn sector, this is the Pakkrat.
  • Upvote 3

Awesome... has echoes of "Witch-Space" in a game from the early 80's - parallel dimensions, where an invading force of  hive-mind aliens are exploring the cracks within the interstellar transport system used by the known universe. They are an aggressive race seeking to expand and gather resources....

*Grabs popcorn

"RUN...!! They are COMING......!!!

Queue music

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If you enjoyed what I just wrote above enough to dig out soda and popcorn, then you might want to go and immerse yourself further in the Roleplaying sub-Forum where I and a few others have posted short stories and novels of fan fiction set in the Earth & Beyond universe.  Each author has something to give.  Then if you are so bold, write a bio for your 'Main' and post it in the Bios thread.  This will give you something to do for a while.

From the Newsdesk at NET-7 SOL in Saturn sector, this is the Pakkrat.