Cool Down Timer for Shield/Hull Buff

Gunney

Is it possible to add a cool down timer to the shield charging and hull patch icons?

As it is, there is a visual display for these skills to show when compleate. Durring heavy fighting these cues arent always visible. 

Add in lag, the shield buff bug (graphic stays on) and group member hull display bug (hull shows 0)  It becomes a pain to know when you can use the skill again.

I have been getting by watching the group members shield/hull display but if another is buffing or hull isnt showing lives are needlessly lost in the great battles.

Gunney, I never play my TT in a combat situation so please forgive me here, but isn't the hull patch, at least, completely spammable, as in no cool down time at all? I don't know about the shield portion.

Gunney, I never play my TT in a combat situation so please forgive me here, but isn't the hull patch, at least, completely spammable, as in no cool down time at all? I don't know about the shield portion.

I think Recharge Shields is as well.  I've not used it in combat on my TT, but I've used it on my JT (mostly during ST3/ST4, a little in Live).  Only ones I can think of with a cooldown timer are Afterburn, Null Factor (?), Shield Leech/Sap, & Energy Leech.  Now quite a few have power up timers.

Sadly not .If you spam shield recharge or hullpatch it doesnt work only thing is you waste energy (at least on shield recharge).

Atm it works this way, you hit shield recharge or hp and have to wait a short time till its build up and works on your choosen target at activation time.

If you hit the button again bevore skill has finished building up you abort the skill (no refund on rector energy) and i agree a short timer til the skill lands would be interesting.

Spam is no option and in the heat of a battle (like GoBB) with 2 groups its really hard to wait for the skill to build up (the time when you see a PW tank melt from 160k shields down to 50% Hull in like 2 seconds  or your second group TT almost dies in a single blow while you still wait for the recharge to land)

I use my TT a lot in battle.  I use a tangs Alacrity for the shield recharge skill and a TA9 for hull patch skill. Most just want you to keep there hulls up and with the TA9 you can spam HP every 2 secs. There is a lvl 8 ML that has the same HP buff it is a funnel weaver I think.

Ive not had an issue in keeping up with the buffs, my issue is not being able to tell when I can buff again, heck Ive even counted Mississippi's between them but if there is any lag I end up canceling the buff  =(  If I give a few extra seconds between Im usually ok, but that's not always possible when the boss is putting the hammer down.

CompTT and my other shield/hull rep toons go by sound. I turn up the sound high and listen for the rhythm. HP and shield have different timings depending on what you have fitted.
If no-one needs shield/hull I don't click. If they do, I click. This method is ruined by lag (you do delag don't you?).
If its shield charging you mean, then wait for a lull in the battle and rebubble.

Practice makes per fe ct.

Actually the big issue is whether your buddies are giving you enough energy!

ps. I deliberately wait until the last sec to rep the warriors - saves energy and stresses the warriors/worriers!
  • Upvote 1