Vault Items to Vendor

Erm...

I shall rephrase.

If the vendor is open...

(This being the suggestions thread)

would it be possible to sell items from the vault ?

(the vault not being your cargo)

:P

Yup...good suggestion, but still not very practical unless along with that ability the buyback feature is added.   Then if lag or slow connection causes a wrong selection/mouse click a valuable is sold.  The way it is currently makes one move what is to be sold, then another safety check when actually selling.  

As long as we are suggesting changes on the use of the vault...building from vaulted items would be VERY helpful. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I consider my idea to be very practical.....

However....

Not only did you not read my original post - you have also high-jacked my post with your own agenda of a buy-back system and manufacturing interface.

Please put your ideas in a separate post.

Thank you very much...

:o

• Downvote 1

I consider my idea to be very practical.....

However....

Not only did you not read my original post - you have also high-jacked my post with your own agenda of a buy-back system and manufacturing interface.

Please put your ideas in a separate post.

Thank you very much...

:o

Oh I get it, unless one agrees with your suggestion it is an invalid comment.  I have it now.

What a GREAT idea...let us sell from our vault, and while we are at it how about we sell directly to a vendor while out mining or fighting. We would never have to dock again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Let's take this discussion private.  

As a last word if you are really interested how about taking this "suggestion" to the ADV for bringing it up in a dev meeting.  Sadly you are not original in your suggestion. It HAS been suggested by many, before.  There are many reasons why it won't be done but the most glaring is that it is not broken.  There are so many other things to keep the devs busy why fix something that isn't broken.

• Upvote 1

I have just searched the whole forum for any references to the original/opening topic of this thread:

Suggestion: Selling items from the vault, when the vendor is open

Mimir: could you please link what you have found regarding the OP (original post) - or are you still high-jacking my suggestion with your own agenda

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm done with this.  I offered to take this discussion private so as not start a flame war.  It seems to me you are set on a fight...  one I am more than capable and willing to oblige.  You need to stop taking everything personal when others comment on your "suggestions:  You DO NOT own a thread that you start... DUH!!!!   

Perhaps you searched for the wrong keywords?

Oh and your idea just sucks!

• Downvote 2

I know the last was the last but I just can't resist...

The idea was so fricking juvenile I didn't bother to prove my point (why waste my time?).  You are such a messiah that you think all your ideas are one of a kind, and your Sh*t don't stink, and anyone that questions you and your ideas are infidels  you can't be reasoned with.  Take it to the DEVs see how they love it. God help them if they don't think it is the best thing since buttered bread.

PS I did send a PM btw to keep this private, but it proves my point that you were just itching for a fight.

Now I am done 

Just saying

Mim

• Downvote 2

I can see many... WTF did I do!!! with this mod. You do know there are no do-overs when it comes to selling to the vendor...yes?

I agree unless there is a buyback feature then I would not want this feature implemented.  The risk of selling something valuable outweighs the reward from the small convenience that this feature would bring to the game.

This would of saved of time and typing if Mimir would have just said No, at this time we are not able to Sale  items in our valts while at the Vender.  Mimir did you forget you're Meds today?

• Upvote 1

Would it be possible to sell items from the vault when you are have a vendor open ?

I took this as a question for some future request for change.  Did I read that wrong?

This would of saved of time and typing if Mimir would have just said No, at this time we are not able to Sale  items in our valts while at the Vender.  Mimir did you forget you're Meds today?

I could have said NO but thinking I am but a humble player among many, saying NO has about as much weight as graphene aerogel.

Would it be possible to sell items from the vault when you are have a vendor open ?

This will be a bad ideal in a way . Some unique Items look like junk items . 

You just spent hours killing mobs for a special item to drop , you jump for joy and dock move the item to your vault . " ggggggggrrrrrrr wife aggro brb " comes back hits that dreaded sort button instead of the close button .. you go out and kill mobs for loot to sell for creds and XP ,  you dock and go on a selling spree . you open a trade window and start to spam clicking selling loot . you open the vault and start to sell loot you have there .

Look at all this loot i have stored in my vault  click , click , click hmmm why is this loot just 1 item ?? oh well click .. sold  ............ and then you realize what you just did ...  you scream like a baby then yell in chat then you emo rage quit ..

You get the ideal of what going on .. I think in st2 or st3 we could sell from the vault after a lot of toons selling items they needed this was changed to where you must have the item in your hold and not in the vault. one of the many test's we did .

Any of you old timers remember this ?  So selling from the vault is a bad bad thing .. lag spike hits .... you are tired and need sleep ... wife or hubby bugging ya ...... grandkids are fighting ... cats jumps on the key board ...

I must be simple minded, I wouldn't mind if we could sell from vault or build from it for that matter.  I know the talks are geared towards mishaps but how is that any different than selling from cargo?  Sure the restore/buyback last sold item would be great (as just the past 2 nights I've vendored a stack of comps I was using to craft).  Just chuckled and chalked it up to my stupid self not paying attention.  Obviously all of the above would be optimal but if we even could get one I'd still be happy.  Either way if we do or don't meh life goes on.

• Upvote 1

While the ability to sell from our vaults could be considered a valuable tool, at current I believe it would take a client change to happen.

I'm not sure if in your research if you came across other threads about client based functions. The devs can only add assets to the game. (Art, avatars, etc) other then that they can not change the function of the client.

The reasons for this is two fold. 1) the client is protected by copyright laws. 2) no base code exists that they work with.

Well...

It looks like my new suggestion... has rubbed salt into the open wound of another hot topic - the buyback from vendor issue.

Some feel sooo strongly like Raazyr, who 26 minutes after making his/her first/only post here as a new account - donated money to EMU.

Perhaps the Dev's should respond...

or Mimir  will get ANGRY..!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Well...

It looks like my new suggestion... has rubbed salt into the open wound of another hot topic - the buyback from vendor issue.

Some feel sooo strongly like Raazyr, who 26 minutes after making his/her first/only post here as a new account - donated money to EMU.

Perhaps the Dev's should respond...

or Mimir  will get ANGRY..!!!

I only got angry when you told me to butt out of a public "discussion?" Remember all your ideas are not golden, all your ideas need not be posted, and as it seems now I don't think you have much to offer other than being a troll.

Just saying,

Mim

• Downvote 1

This thread is not productive, nor is it something that should be continued.

I trust that we are all adults and can act in such a manner.

The point of a 'suggestion' thread is so that when someone does have an idea, that idea can be talked about, tossed around, altered, changed and have input from multiple sources. This is how change is made.

Please try to keep it civil gentlemen.

• Upvote 1

I think that this is a bad idea.  There are too many opportunities for making very BIG mistakes if you allowed items to be sold to a vendor from the vault.  Forcing us to move items to the cargo hold to sell them adds an extra layer of protection from making a big mistake.

• Upvote 1