Using Ventrilo with E&B

Hi everyone. Im a newly returning player from live. I am geting a friend back in the game  as well as a co worker who never has played E&B. So were trying to get vent working in game. So here is the problem. Vent works just fine untill we are in game. Then our push to talk key stops working. We have tried all kinds of different keys for push to talk but no mater what key we try it will not work in the game. Alt tab back to desktop and it works. We are both using win 8.1. Seems like its a overlay problem. Does anyone have any idea what to do to make vent work? We can get it to work by hiing the push to talk to rapidly to cause a window to open asking to turn on sticky keys. Select yes. Then push to talk and it toggles the mic on all the time. Then we can enter game and use vent. However the mics are always on. Please help us :)

1. Yea its running as admin. Its works just fine but once in the game the talk key does not work. Like its not overlayed ontop of game? We are using vent because my friend has a vent server set up. I was already thinking we might have to go to TS. Would like to get vent working as he has server already.

The solution I would suggest is to change the Short cut key in the game.

I'm at work at the moment, But IIRC:

Options tab> activation>Change the key that is the same as your Vent activation, make sure their different. GL

But it sounds as if you did that already.