The new suggested raid "Rotation" schedule.

Good afternoon/evening everyone. Today, I attended a meeting consisting of VGE, BI and Static. We wanted to discuss the possibility of slotting DT into the current 'skip week' on the rotation we all share.

We all agreed this would be a good idea and decided to implement this beginning this Saturday Jan 10th. This first week will belong to VGE as they are the next group slotted to go into what was previously the 'skip' week.

So the 'new' rotation looks like this:

RD Base

GoBB

Controller
DT (which consists of Scooter and McQuicken)

I would like to take this time to say that we would love to see a member of the 'public' represent the rest of the un-guilded / smaller guilds population. We all feel your voice is also important when these kinds of things come up and we would like to include you on anything that should arise in the future.

We have all been adhering to the 'Gentlemens Agreement' regarding the current raid setup and I would like to think, as adults, we will all continue to adhere and include the new week as well.

For those of you who may not know, the "Edge of No Place" and "The Roost" are the places where the raids; located in DT; appear to be spawned. Nobody really has the 'triggers' completely figured out, but there is a general idea of how it works in place.  With that knowledge in mind, we would like to make a request, that these two points be hunted carefully so an accidental spawn is not triggered. This is not a demand, so please don't read more into it than is intended. We are only trying to get everyone involved so everyone who wants, can benefit from the content. Bickering and arguing will not achieve that goal.

For those of you who are not in one of the 'BIg 3' guilds, do you have any thoughts about anyone you'd like to put forth as a representative for you? It should be someone you trust and feel will represent you fairly. If you have multiple nominations, we could always hold an 'election' of sorts if necessary. A few names were put forth by those in attendance at the meeting today, however, I feel it would be best if the public give us the names that they feel most comfortable with this role.

Please try to not flame this post. It's not the intention of putting it here. It is only here to try to help open up the lines of communications. We all know that not everyone will be pleased with this new arrangement and we would all like it if there can be a reasonable response and hearty discussion opened up to help alleviate any misgivings that might be surrounding this.

As always.

Fly Safe

-Alurra

***edited to add****   If you have any questions or concerns that you would rather not put on this public post, you can contact me privately and I will make the issue known without revealing you if you prefer.

Edited by Alurra
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

First of all as an Advocate u should have invited people from the public into this discussion as u are our spokes person for the entire server.

This is not a flame.

But a consern as we as public did not have a say in this.

"For those of you who are not in one of the 'BIg 3' guilds, do you have any thoughts about anyone you'd like to put forth as a representative for you? It should be someone you trust and feel will represent you fairly. If you have multiple nominations, we could always hold an 'election' of sorts if necessary. A few names were put forth by those in attendance at the meeting today, however, I feel it would be best if the public give us the names that they feel most comfortable with this role."

Thought u where the Advocate as in our representative.

So what is going on with that??

U guys want our input yet u have decided to do the the DT raids without any input.

Edited by Zap
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Greetings,

No flame intended, but as the Player advocate your our spokes person for the whole server. I do not see where this was posted in the forums so the server<as a whole> could attend to put our say into this, as I see a closed door meeting. May I ask did you present us <the public> at this secret meeting. As I re-read your post, you ask for the public, which is I thought was your duties, to us the public. Other thoughts are first, seeing how this is a new Server as a whole raid, it should be put up to the server as a Whole. If I am in error about your duties, I apologize, also tomorrow starts the new schedule which you have already agreed on as you ask for public input. I say you don't care about the public interest because you have already figured out what you as a group want to do before you held the meeting. If this was part of your duties to speak for us<the public>, then I have no confidence in you to represent us, seeing how the decision to start tomorrow is already in effect.. This shows a total lack of regard for our input as a whole<server>, as a group. As, I write this I know there will be some flame, or heat rounds<coming down range> about this post, but as I J.Q. Public, I would like to voice my thoughts and impression, again, I am not trying to flame or start a flame, but state my un-biased opinion as clear as possible.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I have not been out to DT as of yet, but from what I understand the raid there is triggered by certain mob kills and not on a timer correct?   As far as putting it into the rotation I think that would depend on how much interest there is in the raid / time to trigger spawn / time to finnish raid. After the raid is done is there a 'cool down' period or can ya jump into the next process?  

As I said I have not been out there, but if its more like GR or FB than Troller/GoBB/RD Base,  and there is no fighting over it why not leave it as is?

• Upvote 3

I think we need to clear a few things. The advocate is the elected person of the whole server for close contact with the DEVS.

The raid rotation was never a DEV matter, as they themselves have stated multiple times, and it will never be.

So i fail to see your point. Allura was an acting Static representative and was chosen to make this post urging the public to elect a widely acceptable person to speak for them because of the visibility granted by her Advocate position.

The rotation is a gentlemens agreemen,t as is already stated, thats being going on for 2 years now. As to why the public doesn't have a representative at this point and after all this time eludes me.

Furthermore it happened because the public was feeling left out and it was the big 3 that voted to give the spot, further proof that they don't work against the public.

Finally what Allura may have failed to explain in detail is that this rotation will last for about one moth giving you, the public, the chance to elect a representative, and by which time a new meeting will take place to voice what worked and what didn't work during that period and suggest any changes deemed necessary.

Have Fun

Efialtis

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Greetings,

No flame intended, but as the Player advocate your our spokes person for the whole server. I do not see where this was posted in the forums so the server<as a whole> could attend to put our say into this, as I see a closed door meeting. May I ask did you present us <the public> at this secret meeting. As I re-read your post, you ask for the public, which is I thought was your duties, to us the public. Other thoughts are first, seeing how this is a new Server as a whole raid, it should be put up to the server as a Whole. If I am in error about your duties, I apologize, also tomorrow starts the new schedule which you have already agreed on as you ask for public input. I say you don't care about the public interest because you have already figured out what you as a group want to do before you held the meeting. If this was part of your duties to speak for us<the public>, then I have no confidence in you to represent us, seeing how the decision to start tomorrow is already in effect.. This shows a total lack of regard for our input as a whole<server>, as a group. As, I write this I know there will be some flame, or heat rounds<coming down range> about this post, but as I J.Q. Public, I would like to voice my thoughts and impression, again, I am not trying to flame or start a flame, but state my un-biased opinion as clear as possible.

I am a Player Advocate. My position is to bring you, and the rest of the player base closer to the Dev Team.

As an Admiral in Static, I feel that I would have a conflict of interest in being the public spokesperson when it comes to matters of raid rotations and such.

That Is why I have asked you, and also those who represent the public to please choose someone that can and/or will represent your best interests as the 'public'.

First of all as an Advocate u should have invited people from the public into this discussion as u are our spokes person for the entire server.

This is not a flame.

But a consern as we as public did not have a say in this.

"For those of you who are not in one of the 'BIg 3' guilds, do you have any thoughts about anyone you'd like to put forth as a representative for you? It should be someone you trust and feel will represent you fairly. If you have multiple nominations, we could always hold an 'election' of sorts if necessary. A few names were put forth by those in attendance at the meeting today, however, I feel it would be best if the public give us the names that they feel most comfortable with this role."

Thought u where the Advocate as in our representative.

So what is going on with that??

U guys want our input yet u have decided to do the the DT raids without any input.

Please see my response to Thomas.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Greetings

I agree with Gunney, here here.

Shrugs, don't know why someone felt to clear things up.  thank you. A point was why ask the public, after the raid had already been decided, and if you wanted to ask the public, post here stating a time and a meeting place for all that wanted to attend. I looked all over the forums for recent post about information, and messages concerning. I know we went live plus/minus 13 months ago, and is a big dream for us all come try real. I think that there should be more groups involved then just the big three, concerning I believe other guilds or families, if not just as large as them.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This sentance,

I would like to take this time to say that we would love to see a member of the 'public' represent the rest of the un-guilded / smaller guilds population. We all feel your voice is also important when these kinds of things come up and we would like to include you on anything that should arise in the future.

You are that person Alurra.

You represent the player base as a whole, so you cannot break it down to we would love to see a member of the 'public' represent the rest.

Although this is not the advocate section you are still speaking for the public when you post.

Though i can see this was well intended i would suggest a different rep for matters of this type.

Let me also say that all raids are open to all players at all times unless it is in progress.

Although this system works well for certain guilds,Lets remember that it cannot be forced onto those outside of your guilds.

I will say that the some members of larger guilds have helped the general public extensively to participate in raids by leading groups,providing triggers,organizing and fighting alongside and refuseing to roll on items if it was not there own guilds week.

This is commendable to say the least.

This sentance,

You are that person Alurra.

You represent the player base as a whole, so you cannot break it down to we would love to see a member of the 'public' represent the rest.

Although this is not the advocate section you are still speaking for the public when you post.

Though i can see this was well intended i would suggest a different rep for matters of this type.

Let me also say that all raids are open to all players at all times unless it is in progress.

Although this system works well for certain guilds,Lets remember that it cannot be forced onto those outside of your guilds.

I will say that the some members of larger guilds have helped the general public extensively to participate in raids by leading groups,providing triggers,organizing and fighting alongside and refuseing to roll on items if it was not there own guilds week.

This is commendable to say the least.

Maybe I should have made it more clear then, Blacklung.

My intent was to stimulate the members that are not of the larger guilds to nominate someone to speak on their behalf.

At the time of the posting, I was making an attempt at posting as a player, and not that of the Player Advocate. Since I only have the one forum account, it is difficult to post as anything other than. That is why I chose to put the information in this particular forum as it was not intended to be related to the ADV position.

We all understand that the raids are open to the entire server. But when you get an entire servers population in one spot trying to all get the same thing, a rotation schedule would seem to be the best option to keep everyone from tripping on one another and pointing fingers and laying blame. I, as a player, would prefer to have less drama, finger pointing and laying of blame. It makes my gaming experience more tolerable.

To the 'bolded' statement in your response. I understand what you are saying and will step out of this conversation now.

*edit to add* I see that the bolding didn't work, at least not on my screen, so I've also now underlined it. LOL

Edited by Alurra

Alurra was asked to post this info as a player not the ADV. The info was discussed during the meeting and all she did was write it up and post it for all. Most of the time was spent talking over how to make sure the public was treated fairly. The public gets everything the 3 guilds do. I mean what else can you guys want? There has been other attempts to get the public to elect a rep for themselves but was not done and now you are complaining cause there was no rep for the public there. 

I have no idea who would best represent the public on this matter.  I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but is the "skip week" the same week that the public gets, or is it a "bye week" where a specific raid doesn't have anyone designated for it, essentially making it FFA (free for all) while the public gets a different week?  My personal opinion, though not speaking for the public, is that the DT related raid(s) be added to the rotation, like it was any other raid.  If there's a line (queue) of sorts, then just put it at the end of the existing line (queue).  Edit: overlooked that in the OP. If they are on fairly/very short timers, should they be considered collectively as one raid?  I don't know.

Assuming that there's one week for each raid given to the public, while each raid gets one week for each of the 3 major guilds, I don't think anyone would have a problem with it, but I could be wrong about that.

It may well be helpful to use whatever is decided here as a template as other raids are added in the future.  With the obvious exception of any raid where you assemble a trigger and can be activated at any time, by anyone who possess the trigger.

The 'skip' week was because there are 4 'Guilds' (VGE /BI/ Static /Public) and only 3 raids RD Base / BBG / Controller .................. meaning there was a spare week  in the rotation , but now adding DT there is not . 

This way EVERYONE has the same raid opportunity rotating round every 4 weeks , no fuss , no arguments .............simples :)

If it does not work out then we all can work together to find a solution, surely ?

Nobody really wants to go back to FFA  , do they ?

Btw the clue is in the title 'Suggested' , meaning open to debate :)

Edited by Prrekoorb

It is supposed to slot into the off week Terrel. So there is actually no off week from now on.

Okay, thanks.  That seems okay with me, I don't know how others feel about it.

In time there will be more sectors, and at least some of those will have raids or mini-raids.  Depending on what happens over the course of the game, as the galaxy expands, the bye week probably would have eventually had to go away.

On another note why is Warden not on this rotation???

This is also a timed event.

Arduinne planet timed mob and can drop the POC or was it the FOC.

On Pegasus server back in the day there was a rotation on this mob so why not on here?

LOL, There is just so much wrong with this post.  This community is to Small and I enjoy just playing the game with or without the raids. To reply any further would get me band from game.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

On the matter at hand that really prompted this topic. Has there been any action for public electing a representative yet?

Time passes by and when next meeting comes we really want to see one.

On the matter at hand that really prompted this topic. Has there been any action for public electing a representative yet?

Time passes by and when next meeting comes we really want to see one.

Personally, I think it would be better if the Public formed their own quasi-council/consortium and have members of said council attend these meetings. This council could be made up of people representing the other guilds as well those who fly solo. In the issue of fairness, this would be the best way versus the public trying to figure out which individual could best represent them. With more members of the public actively involved, the easier it becomes to disseminate the content and other pertinent information of these meetings to the community at large. The more...the merrier...

Just my two cents.

• Upvote 1

I don't have an objection about what you're suggesting mynd and i dare say others wont as well.

But they just need to get it done, haven't seen much if any activity towards that.

I personally feel there are things that need to be said next meeting about the rotation.

As a member of one of the minor guilds and reading the title correctly :D  The suggestion of the DT raid filling the "Off week" slot is reasonable and fair.

If the roster  was set without public opinion I can see why people flamed up.   I suggest the big 3 plus 1 public rep random the DT slot to see who goes first.

Hopefully that will be a fair way to decide and I dont think anyone would disagree.

Just my two bobs worth..

Powergel

Powergel, there would be no need to rendom the spot, it is already on rotation and I see no need to change it. The Idea of a public councle is a good Idea, I wouold like to throw Cia, Zant, Mongo and Myself  as porsable names to take on this roll if they would be willing. I'll leave it at that.

• Upvote 1

Powergel, there would be no need to rendom the spot, it is already on rotation and I see no need to change it. The Idea of a public councle is a good Idea, I wouold like to throw Cia, Zant, Mongo and Myself  as porsable names to take on this roll if they would be willing. I'll leave it at that.

I will serve on consul with Syber and the others.

• Upvote 1