Walkthru Lyle McDonald Mission

you need prospect 7 in order to start Lyle's mission chain.

I compared my JE and PS and saw the only difference in common skills was prospect, so I made my PS have lv 7 prospect. That did it. Then I read this post, lol. Thanks!

I'm having a serious issue with the mission now. I went through all the steps that takes me to getting the gizmoblastit, and the mission should advance. I have an unpolished band AND the rough polished faceted flawless ruby in my hold. The mission should advance but doesn't. I am getting a bit tired of camping Ableson for comps I really don't need anymore!

This is f&^%ing ridiculous! I got help from a kind GM, then continued the mission. I took each step/build, spoke to Lyle after every single item I refined, now have a polished band in my hold....and my mission log stayed on polishing the ruby. I did everything, talked to Lyle each time, I have a polished band in my hold, and Lyle will not advance the mission and give me the reward. I did this on my JE, so yes, I know what has to be done. This is happening on VitaesPS. I have killed Ableton so many times he will probably relocate himself in the hopes that I don;t find him again.

Finally....I had to redo each step, as each time I did it the messages I was getting was saying that the step was completed, yet the items I needed were not being used up, except for the resources needed to make each item. It's as if I had to do two of each step. Very strange. I will keep track of this once I get enough faction on my TS to do this mission.

Another tidbit of info...if you need to make a Mitey Bore n Saw, all the parts are non-vendor...but all of them drop off of lv 11 and 15 belters in Slayton. Nav Brand 2, IIRC, is where I found all 4 comps.

Okay, did this for the third time. Was a breeze. What I did was get a book from Ableson before I even started the mission. I analyzed the book, got another book and mapped the two parts of the book. Once that is done, the only reason you need a book is for the bone. If you have someone to give you a few bones, you don't even need the book once you have it all mapped because you can make the bang stick and saw yourself. I had all my ores ahead of time. It was easy, if a bit time consuming. Well worth it.

• 2 years later...
On 1/26/2016 at 11:25 PM, Syberfly said:

Thanks Vitaes.

I found that if you go out and prospect you ores instead of ripping them, be sure and get lots of extras.  I found myself not having enough of different items and had to keep going back out.  After all was said and done, the rewards made all the work required to accomplish the mission worth it....  I love my Chili-Popper..!