God bless 200 years

ugh yeah, AARP is... well I don't recommend supporting them I'll just say. A number of watchdog groups can fill any in on their practices, for those not in the know. I don't feel like talking politics here though, it's not something eagerly accepted in gaming forums. IBTL.

• Upvote 1

:rolleyes:

I have several letters beween me and that group. That keep saying they were for us but in truth they are for them selfs...who has 33% ot the 'extra ' insurance you will need with healthcare......AARP~\!

Can't wait for the letter asking me to renew.... :mellow:

• Upvote 1

:rolleyes:

I have several letters beween me and that group. That keep saying they were for us but in truth they are for them selfs...who has 33% ot the 'extra ' insurance you will need with healthcare......AARP~\!

Can't wait for the letter asking me to renew.... :mellow:

Ok I'll bite, but I'll probably regret it haha. The fix is easy, I'll explain how it's done ;) You know how they say Europe has an awesome health care system? How we (in the US) should be more like Europe? Well we can!! All we need do is pull our troops and resources out of Europe. The savings would give us a huge allowance to cover the uninsured; we could insure just about every low-income household that lacks insurance. Problem solved, and AARP can take a flying leap :)

Ok, one setback... Europe will need to protect themselves, increase their army, develop and manufacture the equipment to protect themselves. They won't have the money for their health care any longer. Their health care system will collapse. Oh well, it's not a perfect world ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nice try Daywolf :) The only problem is that US troops in europe are not really defending anything and only cost the europeans lotsa money. (US actually get payed to be there)

This compensation, they won't get anymore, so they end up with even less cash. Considering the amount of debts the US allready has , that would probately lead to more problems and leave europeans with an even bigger budget for even better healthcare :)

But u kinda right, if the US would decrease millitary spendigs from roughly 75% to about 60% of the annual budget, they could offer free insurance to most people and even could sanitize the national debts.

But that would probately raise the unemployment rates to soaring heights............. and so on and so on. I think the real problem is located between the ears.

flame on, lol

• Upvote 2

Nice try Daywolf :) The only problem is that US troops in europe are not really defending anything and only cost the europeans lotsa money. (US actually get payed to be there)

This compensation, they won't get anymore, so they end up with even less cash. Considering the amount of debts the US allready has , that would probately lead to more problems and leave europeans with an even bigger budget for even better healthcare :)

But u kinda right, if the US would decrease millitary spendigs from roughly 75% to about 60% of the annual budget, they could offer free insurance to most people and even could sanitize the national debts.

But that would probately raise the unemployment rates to soaring heights............. and so on and so on. I think the real problem is located between the ears.

flame on, lol

So I’m not sure what you are talking about. So Europe paid for our nuclear power facilities so to make weapons grade plutonium and the required delivery system’s design, testing and manufacturing. Set up bases and service our boomer and attack subs. Paid for replacement parts, paid annual GI salary, covered all logistics etc etc etc? During the 80’s and 90’s Europe flipped the bill for the 60% of the total defense budget spending that went to fortifying and defending Europe? Much of which is still a part of our debt figures. And you say as of current, there is no threat against Europe? So the whole deal with putting defense weapons in Poland that the Russians strongly protested to, that was just because they were looking out for the interests of Europe? Sort of like their interests in their good neighbor Georgia that they dealt with recently? And the business dealings in the middle-east proves that Russia has only peaceful intentions globally? Play chess?

Of course not a flame, but a barrage of question yet only covering a small part of the big picture. But we agree on something, though my fellow countrymen for the most part disagree with me on that point, about getting out of Europe, and yes many (not all) other parts of the world. And doing so would lift heavy financial burden as well as to better fortify our domestic capabilities in regards to our own regional defense.

But you see, positions change, powers tend to shift not all at once but over time. So what may not seem like a threat to you (not directed at you) in time becomes so. This does not happen over night, but gradually over time. And by the time that threat is noticed, it is already in position to have dominance in the given situation; all the steppingstone paths were crossed and the destination simply a hop away before the world takes notice. Study Sun Tzu’s The Art of War? Know the difference and usage between the games Chess and Go?

But it seems that whatever the US does, it can do no right in regards to world opinion. I mean even recently with the Blair trials, it gives me even more desire to get out of Europe and focus purely on home defense, because a path taken to where it leads always has a starting point, but the destination remains the same regardless to where the traveler is at any given instance on that path. I think Europe’s path is set, choices have already been made and the destination is simply unavoidable. It may seem like the easy path, but it really isn’t.

AARP and many other institutions are on that same path, but I think they are masters of Go as well, where as most people probably don’t understand the correlations. A little sleep for the eyes, a folding of the hands. Yet unfortunately my previous post still amounts to no more than a jest. You see, that wont solve it, there would be much more to do beyond that, but you cant bring anything good out of corruption, only bring good things into corruption. Until the corruption is dealt with, nothing good could ever come of anything.

But I hold no animosity, it's simply the failings of human nature. Safe travels to you.

• Upvote 1

But I hold no animosity, it's simply the failings of human nature. Safe travels to you.

Like i said its all between the ears. Yes we fail as humans because we try to compensate our natural incompetence with weapons and violence. We fight for peace while we all know that u wont "get" peace. It is something that u either have or u don't. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a closer look at home. and in gods name don't be so scared. Live is only a game :P it sux......... and then u die

Btw. We have some nifty wartoys in europa too, but its not that our livelyhood depends on it. Besides that i never wanted US cruisemissiles in my backyard anyway. :) Its a matter of how I look at things.

its all between the ears

Daywolf - so you want UK (and US) to pull out of Iraq and Afganistan too?

There are very few US troops in Europe these days - and mostly for operating US long strategic logistics. USAF would struggle to fly anywhere if it wasnt for European help, especially Britain and its dependent territories like Diego Garcia. Norfolk England at 4am sounds like JFK with all the lifters, troop carriers and refuellers taking off - and no they are not all American.

Plus ships bunkering in Gibraltar.

As someone said - the gaming world doenst normally want to talk politics, wars and religion. Perhaps we should keep it that way. ? and we got onto this through insurance...? Ok - politics, wars and religion and insurance.