Lyle's Explorer mission

This was discussed a little last night but I had to log before there was any firm conclusion.

A couple of TS toons have not been able to get Lyle's mission. We went through various possible obstacles but the TSs we were talking about had 8k+ bogeril, L150, max build devices, and a GM (woodstock?) sail there didn't seem to be a Terran exclusion.

Is there some hidden catch or does this mission need a little tweak to add TS's? Edited by Amethyst

In the original the devices that Lyle rewarded a JE or PE with couldn't have been used by the Scout, had the Scout been in the original game.  Those items were Terran Restricted, Explorers Only.  I went and checked the DB and they don't say that at this time.  What I was going to say, is no longer supported by the database, so I typed delete, as in ignore said post.

Well, storyline/faction-wise it makes sense as Terrans and Bogeys aren't exactly the best of friends. Still, maybe some nice Dev will add some items that Terran Scouts could use as part of the mission rewards.

Well, storyline/faction-wise it makes sense as Terrans and Bogeys aren't exactly the best of friends. Still, maybe some nice Dev will add some items that Terran Scouts could use as part of the mission rewards.

An alternative is in the future have at least 2 more comparable mission chains.  Since the Scout has already had their "odd explorer out" mission chain, simply add 2 more one that excludes the PE, another that excludes the JE.

An alternative is in the future have at least 2 more comparable mission chains.  Since the Scout has already had their "odd explorer out" mission chain, simply add 2 more one that excludes the PE, another that excludes the JE.

^^ This would work as well.

I had an issue getting Lyles mission on my PS, but after having +6k faction and doing the other missions at the station I through up a hail mary and did a call forward on garve link and max'd out my prospecting and I was able to get the mission. I was not in the TS talk but was the Max prospecting talked about?

I know BL said this mission is currently Terran Restricted. The patch notes do not say it should be though. They said it was a mission line for explorers and the scout is an explorer class. I would love to be able to run this mission line on my scout. He can always use more speed :)

My idea would be to double the faction needed to access the mission for a scout.

Edited by shadow7711383

I know BL said this mission is currently Terran Restricted. The patch notes do not say it should be though. They said it was a mission line for explorers and the scout is an explorer class. I would love to be able to run this mission line on my scout. He can always use more speed :)

My idea would be to double the faction needed to access the mission for a scout.

Had EA implemented the 3 missing classes in the original, the devices rewarded from the mission would not have been usable by the Terran Scout.  In the original game Lyle's devices were Terran Restricted & Explorers only.  As far as I know, these devices were the only items in EnB Origins that were Terran Restricted, rather than Jenquai Or Progen Only.