Donation jurisdiction?

There's no way this could classify as a registered charity. My assumption is that this is more like a bunch of your friends getting together and going splits on a case of beer, just a really epic multiplayer case of beer in this case.

If there's no profit from this being made, shouldn't be any requirement to file anything for tax purposes.

Does anyone know what country the donations are collected under? If its the US could someone please post the tax exemption (or any other filing) number so I could review the papers before I donate?

As far as I know. We are not a "certain type" of non-profit organization. So you can not write a donation off as tax exception, like when you donate to the Red Cross. Although, if your really curious. I do know that technically we are based in the UK (the guy who started the EnB Emu is from there), and the Servers are in Germany, even though the majority of us are Devs are American.

- Marco

As far as I know. We are not a "certain type" of non-profit organization. So you can not write a donation off as tax exception, like when you donate to the Red Cross. Although, if your really curious. I do know that technically we are based in the UK (the guy who started the EnB Emu is from there), and the Servers are in Germany, even though the majority of us are Devs are American.

- Marco

We are technically UK based, the original founder and the funds we have are all in GB Pounds Sterling, but no we're not a non-profit, this is just a non-profit project. We may eventually move on to creating our own stuff and thus do not want to become a non-profit. You will not be eligible for any sort of tax exemption that I'm aware of by donating to us.

Does anyone know what country the donations are collected under? If its the US could someone please post the tax exemption (or any other filing) number so I could review the papers before I donate?

I truly believe that there is no such thing as a stupid question... but damn this was close...

I truly believe that there is no such thing as a stupid question... but damn this was close...

I did not see any means to determine the location(s) the funds are collected or used. Locally I'm involved in a charitable organization and provide some minor assistance with the paperwork for US tax filing. You would be amazed what is required for a tax exemption on gifts/donations if it is a significant amount. At least in the US. The penalties for improper reporting can be quite harsh. The IRS agent that audited our filing last year said, (half joking) "if you are collecting donations you have to prove you are not a terrorist or criminal organization." With the state of the security concerns in the US these days he is probably not exaggerating.

- Marco

"we are not a certain type of organization. so your associated with E&B, then can you tell us whats going on with the servers right now and when it will be back up?