Unable to login to game server

Okay, after some time of not being able to connect to the server. As my provider is blocking everything that it thinks is P2P related, includeing ligitemet connections from many legal games. (This includes EnB emulator.) I was finally able to get a connection to the server. And the game loads up just fine.  But, now I am unable to login to my game account.  EnB/Net-7 gives me the following error message and then closes when I click on the OK button on the message window

Sorry, Your login does not appear to be valid. Try
again using the default launcher ;).

I have also tryied adding another game account to my master account and tried connecting to it.  And I received the same results.  If I attempt to connect to the account and use a wrong password, it will notify me that it was not able to verify the login.  But, if I use the correct password the above error message is shown.

I am able to log into the Portal with the master account, and able to change the password on the added game account with out any problems.  It is just when I attempt to login to the game that I have problems.

Anyone else having this problem? Is there a possible solution to this?

Force update in launcher and make sure to use latest version of the Proxy which is automatically updated to the latest version if your "reset updates".

Also make sure, you start launcher "as admin".

First, Versions of both Client and Net-7 Launcher before forcing update:

Client: 206

Net-7 Launcher: 514

It if my personal experience that using the option "reset updates" does not truely force and update. So I had gone and deleted the following files from the Net-7 directory while the launcher was not running:

Client-FileList.txt

Client-Version.txt

Net7-FileList.txt

Net7-Version.txt

Then I ran the Net-7 Launcher.

After loading the Launcher it did a automatic update, including checking of files, for both the client and Net-7 Launcher.

Net-7 Launcher stated that there was a newer version, version 514.  Then when I had it do the update it checked all Net-7 Launcher files. After which it came back with the view Update Report option.  Upon looking at the Update Report, no files were updated or missing.

For the Client update, Net-7 Launcher stated there was a new version (version 206). I did the update, it then checked all files for the client and did an update. Upon viewing the Update Report for the client, it showed that the following files was updated. No other file(s) was updated or missing.

Data/client/ini/auth.ini

Data/client/auth.ini.orig

Data/client/rg_regdata.ini

Data/client/rg_regdata.ini.orig

Data/common/network.ini

Data/common/network.ini.orig

release/authlogin.log

After the updates was done, I verified that UAC was turned on, as I normally have it turned off.

Rebooted my system.

Then I checked that the properties for the LaunchNet7 shortcut had a checkmark for the Run This program as an Administrator under the Compatibility tab.

Then I when throught the game and net-7 directories and verified that all exe files was setup with compatibility for Windows XP SP2 as per previous install instructions here on the Portal Forums. (And I also placed a check mark for running the program as admin.)

Once I had done all that, I launched Net-7. When windows asked me if I wanted the program from an unidentified publisher to make changes to the system, I click on the Yes button. Upon Net-7 loading, I verified that it reconized that the server was online. Then I clicked on the Play button.

The game loaded and the login screen was displayed.  I entered in the account name of the game account that I had setup yesterday. Then I entered in a false password. The game stated that it was not able to verify the login information. Then I entered in the correct password and clicked on the accept button.

Upon clicking on the accept button the game came back with the same error as I had reported yesterday.  Then, I reloaded that game and tried my master game account. And I received that same results.

At the moment it seems that I am unable to log into the game server, but yet I am able to log into the Portal forums and Master Game account on the Portal.

Any further ideas as to what I can do, beside completely uninstalling the games?

Okay, I am not running any proxies. But, as it seems from the link above, that my provider is. I have no control over that.

is internet proxy on 'auto' or 'no proxy'? on first, proxy server is auto discovered and used, on second your ISP is doing some funky https/ssl transparent proxy which is not normal.

@karu

First, IP shows up fine. But the link above does not show any information about possible proxy setting(s). Which is what I would expect.

Second, I am not running any proxies on my system. I am trying to connect directly without one.

Third, second link shows that my provider is using a proxy. But, does not show any possible setting(s). Again, this is something I would expect.

Fourth, I have no control over my provider's proxy. As such I have no idea how the proxy is setup. All I know is that I am able to connect to the Internet and surf all sites I want to. I am now able to load up my torrent client and access my d/l's, without VPN.  I am able to connect to the Portal, and forms here.  All without any proxy settings being made on my end.  But, yet I am unable to connect to the game server with original game account and correct password. Or new game account, under same, or new, master account, and it's correct paswword.

I would try to see if it would connect by way of VPN, but at the moment I only have access to a couple of FREE VPNs.  And non of them are setup proply on the server side. As I am unable to get the launcher to reconized that the game server is online, accept by using IP address and not the DNS url.  But even then the game still will not run because it is unable to see that the server is there. (Even if I tell the launcher to use a IP address instead of a url.)

@spacegrrrl

Did you create a new master account? Or did you create a new game account under your current/original master account?

I have created a new game account under my current/original master account.  And I am unable to connect to the game server with it.  It gives me the same error message.

(Edit: 01/03/2015)

NOTE: I have now tried both new game account under current/original master account and New master account with it's own game account.  I am still unable to log into the game.  And I am still receiving the exact same error message as shown in my original post.

Edited by Kialia

I take it from the no responce on this thread, that there is not a damn I can do about this issue.

if 'control panel, internet options, network, proxy (or whatever the click order is)' has 'no proxy' active, then yep you screwed.

• 4 weeks later...

I am not able to login to my account as well.  It has been sometime since I last played; well over a year though both my username and password still work on http://www.net-7.org/ and https://forum.enb-emulator.com/ but when I load the the emulator, my login information is not accepted and to be clear, my account IS a Admin or Master account. My Internet Coonection is working fine since the emulator had no difficulty updating and I know that I am not using a proxy.

I just reinstalled the game per the direction found on this forum.

OK, this is indeed interesting, at least for me.  I just logged into the game BUT not by using my password from net-7.org and the EnB Emulator Forums.  I used a password when I first make an account on Net-7; hell, I'm not even sure when I changed my password for Net-7 but I discovered the issues I was having.  I hope everyone else resolves their login problem(s).

Also, as I have just found that all my avatars have been reset to Level 0 with none of the credits, inventory items or equipment they had when I stopped playing, for whatever reason that was.....I have to start from scratch, just great.

Edited by DaggerDX

I am not able to login to my account as well.  It has been sometime since I last played; well over a year though both my username and password still work on http://www.net-7.org/ and https://forum.enb-emulator.com/ but when I load the the emulator, my login information is not accepted and to be clear, my account IS a Admin or Master account. My Internet Coonection is working fine since the emulator had no difficulty updating and I know that I am not using a proxy.

I just reinstalled the game per the direction found on this forum.

OK, this is indeed interesting, at least for me.  I just logged into the game BUT not by using my password from net-7.org and the EnB Emulator Forums.  I used a password when I first make an account on Net-7; hell, I'm not even sure when I changed my password for Net-7 but I discovered the issues I was having.  I hope everyone else resolves their login problem(s).

Also, as I have just found that all my avatars have been reset to Level 0 with none of the credits, inventory items or equipment they had when I stopped playing, for whatever reason that was.....I have to start from scratch, just great.

Then it has been well over 2+ years since you last played, I would guess. We went live roughly Nov 2012 and ALL characters were reset to 0.