New Raid In DT (General McQuicken) and 1st time happenings

If you happened to be around a couple of hours ago you would have probably noticed that the General McQuicken raid in DT has been spawned and i'm proud to say VGE figured it out first (Kudos Whale).

This information will be passed onto my guilds leaders to bring to the meeting, i know is planned for this weekend, concerning the 2 new DT raids and rotation.

It all started with a group of dedicated players having fun hunting in DT. We have heard others have gotten the "Spawn Triggered" message so when it became obvious we actually knew why this was happening we threw caution to the wind.

I was leading that group with my alt Amartia when it was decided we let others in on the fun so i made a post in general chat inviting all available pilots and joyfully many responded. We progressed through each wave painstakingly and unaware of the vulnerabilities of each wave in regards to tactics and type of ammo that had to be used and we talked between us in local chat about those issues. It was a long fight riddled with effort and death but we were all having fun.

Finally general McQuicken spawned and things took a wild turn for the worse. My group have already engaged a group of minions when it was pointed out to me that one group was going after the general.

It took me a bit by surprise because there were enough minions around to take care in order to proceed as cautiously as could possibly be.

Then i turned my group towards the boss as well and it became increasingly obvious this was a race to get the boss kill as more waves of support spawns happened while general McQuickens health was diminishing and they were just left to pile up.

It didn't take too long with the combined efforts of two groups, maybe more, when the general was defeated and the looting rights were awarded to Kodiac for xxx seconds according to the system message.

I turned immediately and engaged a group of minions when again it was pointed out to me that the boss corpse was gone and the group responsible for the kill was nowhere to be seen. I switched to local to address those on the raid inquiring about what was going on.

Like i said the support spawns have piled up and they were left up for the remaining raid participants to tackle with. This proved to be increasingly difficult and more death ensued.

When it was obvious we couldn't win over the minions i decided to give up as well and since my broadcasts about the lost group/loot were never answered i made a request in General chat as Amartia for Kodiac to PM me.

Here i will admit i own BI a sincere apology because i thought their tag was on his ship, having a lot of lag and a constant healing web of white around me didn't help either,  and that was not the case as i was informed later.

A total of at least 15 minutes have passed with no response from Kodiac i switched to Efialtis making a statement about Kodiac and his intentions for the loot (i was told a Hellfire Access Card).

Lo an' behold an immediate reply in General chat from Kodiac that i should have been patient before speaking up, i should have private messaged Kodiac myself, he died,  they were making ammo etc

I won't go into details but we're not in high school anymore for such lame excuses and accusations that were made towards me because i had the intention to take this raid to the end (which includes the distribution of loot).

MrBrown you have the honor to be the first person ever to grace my ignore list.

A big thanks to the players that stayed through thick and thin making this raid a reality for all of us.

Hope you continue to HAVE FUN out there and i'm really sorry that this left a sour taste in the mouth of intelligent people playing the game.

Edited by Efialtis
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Very glad that you were able to find and complete the raid Efi. Very sad to see that there are still those who will take advantage of a situation no matter the costs to the rest of the players of the game. There will, sadly, always be those who are more than willing to begin drama where none is needed nor wanted.

Fly Safe

-Alurra

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Accusation Efi?

The way u spoke about Kodiac. WoW.

U need to grow up man.

He had to tow to make ammo and come out again.

As seen by more then one person.

And u basicly blamed him for stealing the loot and splitting.

He did not do that, he ressed him self multiple times and died in a second.

So he towed to make ammo and come out again.

That is where the shit fest started.

Now as it was said multiple times in general a simple PM and u would have found this out Efi.

But instead u started talking crap.

Now iff u expect people to sit on the side lines and letting u start this crap u are so wrong.

He did reply when he saw the general chat as he was in staton, Local chat does not work.

So i told him about it and he replied.

Now he could not see any of it til it went to General chat.

I spoke to him in TS and he replied to u.

So get off your high horse and apologize to Kodiac and this whole thing will be forgotten about.

Simple as that.

As for the loot, it was given to raidtank and it was lotto'd off.

Next time maybe some people need to cool down and relax.

Instead of blowing it out of proportions like it was.

Ooh and Kodiac was running more then one toon.

He was making ammo on 2 toons so yeah it takes time to get out again.

And u got Mrbrown on your Ingore list big wow Efi.

Bet ya he got u on there aswell after that.

Iff need be i can post the chat log about it aswell. and u can see how it all went down?

Edited by Zap
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

First of all i hope your chat log includes the request i made in general as Amartia for him to pm me long before i switched to Efialtis for the same reason.

So maybe you all thought who is that Amartia, why bother answering? But then again Efialtis is a name more recognizable within the community.

Even better leading a raid and trying to organize it, driving a group on the JE  and healing on the TT allowed plenty of time for ME to PM him wjile he was busy making ammo right? Why didn't he say in local brb guys or something along that line (no1 saw and knew anything when i asked in local nor did i)  and then wouldn't even bother when i inquired as Amartia on general chat, no1 ever saw that as well?

Please according to you how much time is needed to take a tow make a few stacks of ammo and come out again? Enlighten me.

Selective memory is a tricky thing.

I wont even touch the issue of racing to get the boss kill.

As for MrBrown i'm sure its no big loss for either of us, is that what you got out of that?

I'm no better than any1 else in this game but if just stating the facts i have at my disposal is considered a high horse so be it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Greetings All

Yes Efi, you are correct, you know better then any one about making stuff. ! Sir, how is any one in the station going to hear a local broadcast, really sir since you know it all, do tell? and If I am in the station stoping to talk in general, cause I can not hear local, I have to stop making ammo for my 2 toons, I was driving 4 toons during that raid. You keep crying about the silly item that dropped, and I told you like I do now. I pity you sir. If you want to keep talking crap please do. Because not only do I make ammo but went back out to help Sage who every one left because like you they got upset, like little children because they did not get there way, I thought better of people. Several people, know I took a tow because like me we were fighting the special forces, that was ganking every one, remember them? Reddscout, ty for your words. This is done, if you want to keep talking junk, keep it to yourself, If I see any more slander, then Sir you will have a problem, your choice to let it lie.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Pls ask raidtank what i said to him about the loot if you are under the impression i'm crying to get the silly item that dropped.

Still no answer to my questions as to why you didn't say anything before you towed and why i didn't get an answer when i posted in General chat as Amartia asking you to pm me.

And why your multiboxing bonanza hampering your abilty to be cooperative is my fault indeed?

Have you seen me return to the subject online?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Efi u are aware that some lag more then other and so on right???

I crashed 2 times during that raid.

Had to relog 2 times.

Got back in and kept going.

So how does this affect multiboxing for people??

Guess what people crash.

Now didn't say that happened to Kodiac.

But that should asnwer it atleast for me.

But hey Stop it right here.

As this is getting out of hand now.

U just don't want to let it go.

I have sendt the chat log to one person in game.

He can have a look at see what happened.

Leave it at that.

Now moderator pls close or delete this thread, it is getting out of hand.

Edited by Zap
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Was on team speak with him ??? And you could not speak up in general chat for him and say " hold a sec he crashed or he is making ammo ? or say he towed ?

I only ask that everyone take a blue pill and chill out .  What is done is done .

We all have crashed many time's , but if I know that person is busy and I am on vent or ts3 with them .  I will at least speak up for them and tell the person to hold on they crashed or what ever.

I make this post not to flame anyone , just my 2 cent worth .

• Upvote 1

I did tell him Lobevaser.

That is why he responded.

Or he would not have seen it.

What done is done yes.

But the blame game needs to stop.

This is why this topic needs to be closed or deleted.

As it is getting out of hand.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The loot was still given to lotto right? I don't see why you are creating this problem (which really isn't a problem) Efialtis, since the loot was still given to lotto. I would understand if the loot wasn't given to the people who did the raid, but it was. You want to not go into details because you aren't in high school, but you still post this?

I won't go into details but we're not in high school anymore for such lame excuses and accusations that were made towards me because i had the intention to take this raid to the end (which includes the distribution of loot).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So my intention to make a raid for the public when all are treated as equals with a fair distribution of the loot has to be answered with curses and diminishing words.

There were 20something toons in that raid, do you know how many rolled for the loot? Ask Raidtank/Cia (i think thats the same person) if i told him what the complications would be because of all this.

This indeed must come to an end and as far as i am concerned it has.

Edited by Efialtis
  • Downvote 1

o/ Everyone

First let me start by thanking EFI for calling out for arms.  That was very nice, was a good learning experience of a raid, and a good time was had.

2nd. not really taking any sides to this matter, but I did mediate it at the end.

At no time before or after he was called out, did kodiac aka greywolf ever say he wasent going to do was was proper. at the same time he did say he was gonna space it. I didn't think he was serious. mr brown messaged me and told me to get the card from kodiac. So he initiated the transfer to get the situation handled. I didn't ask them.

I think this was just a incident of bad timing/communication.

3 people rolled on the hellfire access card. Me, Shisho/explorator, and reddscout. about 10 people sitting at the wreck. I messaged a few people who did not show up, and they said pass, didn't want to roll on something that caused this much drama.

Efi did say he would pass, as mentioned in his last post, and I posted in local at Fedd wreck in DT, I was in PM with efi.  

Sorry for anyone who was present - and did not get to roll cuz of location/time of roll.

---

Cia / Raidtank / Bot / Rager / Nabi / Feather / Missileboat

• Upvote 2

Whilst i have been sent a copy of the chat log and have had chance to view it , i was not there and i am not in a position to comment on what took place . Other than say emotions were running high and possibly things got a little out of hand and have continued to do so . Lack of communication and a feeling of abandonment by some players present at the 'raid' seems to be the issue , i am not pointing any fingers so i vote we all in the spirit of christmas , shake hands , kiss and make up and leave it there , thank you and have a nice holiday :)

• Upvote 4

How are these raids triggered?  I accidentally triggered something a few days ago and don't know how I did it.  I got through about 6 waves before the spawns stopped and the only good loot was a Solar Sail 8.  Are these raids like the Mordana raids where you kill a mob and it just spawns?

I'm not sure if it's like mordona or somthing inbetween. What I have heard from people that trigger it is they are just killing and it spawns. I did hear one guy say there was a 3 pack of a mob type and it spawned off of there.(this was for scooter) If this is the case what we need to figure out is if this spawn is on a timer or comes around by killing. I suppose we just need to kill more to understand the mechanic.

All arguments aside of what went down and how, lets brush it off and move onto the topic at hand.  Proper sequence and measures to spawn this raid, then we need to detail the damage type requirements.  Point in case you will need to bring all types of ammo to this raid or at least appoint groups to carry specific types and to target the specific waves accordingly.

I do want to thank all that participated in the first spawning of McQuicken and killing of him, to include those who spawned and opened the invites.  Very appreciative.  I also had the pleasure of winning the role on the Hellfire Access Card.  While useless till another spawn is done and hopefully the gun drops this time, then hopefully someone prints it.  I await patiently and willing to help out in this endeavor anyway possible.

Lets keep this to a civil and happy close and relatively small community, call any issues water under the bridge apologize to one another in the spirit of holidays (pick your flavor) and sally forth!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't normally come in here, but there was a report made on this thread for the infighting. I'm going to ask that it stop. Work with the other people and try to maintain civility, remember while you don't have to like other people you can't harass them or otherwise be an ass.

That being said, 'Local' chat has a range of 25000 (25k), outside of that the player cannot 'hear' you. If you're using 'broadcast' this can be heard by your whole sector, and the 'general' and other system channels can be heard by anyone who happens to be subscribed. The only message you can always guarantee to be received is a /tell.

• Upvote 1

nice saying Mr. Kyp but people will be people. and if there is something that we can complain about because the grass is greener on the other side people will do that. including me thats we we are people.

• Downvote 1

Static and VGE shared a raid in DT today. It was great fun and we rolled on the loot. Congrats to Hickory on his roll of 99.........He won!

Well actually, the raid was yesterday. :)

Edited by ichistarr

Static and VGE shared a raid in DT today. It was great fun and we rolled on the loot. Congrats to Hickory on his roll of 99.........He won!

Well actually, the raid was yesterday. :)

Gratz on the spawn and kill, I heard the Hellfire failed :( Sad Panda, my access card continues to collect dust!

Yeah, that was just my way of saying what needed to be said in response to the post or two following what I said earlier. :) No worries. I'm all cool with it as long as things stay civil. Disagreements are disagreements but personal attacks and accusations aren't needed, that's all i'm saying.

• Upvote 1