Confused on Stacking

How do you figure it out?

Ive herd diff wording will stack, diff % will stack, reactor/wepon/device will stack  but when I try them out (remove 1 setup - relog - try new setup) I don't see any increase   What are the 'Rules' on stacking?

Devices, reactors, engines, shields, weapons, & trade goods, as well as some types of "junk" loot do not stack.  Components, stack, usually to 240, I don't think different percentages stack though.  I don't think comps made by different players stack either, but I'm not sure on that one.  Comps are mostly going to be 100% or 200% quality.  Some "junk" loot & miscellaneous items will stack, but sizes will vary.  Ammo stacks as well, again stack sizes vary.  PM ammo gets "Superior" where manufactured by goes, so that PM ammo will stack with PM ammo.  Vendor ammo and PM ammo don't stack with each other (I may be mistaken on that one.)

Terrell, I think that Gunny is asking about Turbo/ deflects and so on:

1. Weapons turbo stack if they are of different %. 5/7/10/12/15/20 all Activated.

2. Your ML/PL/Beams 40% Buff when installed.

3. Some shields have 5% Weapons buff when installed.

Just remember that if the wording on one item as increase ???? with numbers 4353, and the other item has it as a % it should stack. Most of the stacking is in the wording of the item or gear. If all else fails try it and see if it works. I hope that will help out.

Just my 2.5 cents.

Weapon turbo is the only activated buff that will stack with different %.
In general you get the highest buff from 1 equip, 1 activated, 1 skill.

When I say buff I mean the same wording, IE reactor recharge

Other then turbo, the only other thing that stacks really is turbo warp.

Gunny you may need a device or shield that provides (HDC) Hull Damage Control, the invencable Baston has about 152% HDC, or you can do the mission for the Sai'Li's Circle (L7) 142% HDC. They may give you some releif from being One shot.

Deflects do stack. if you have an Ivory Ward in and lets say a PW hits you with a Warriors Resolve that does stack, or Rally from a TE, and deflect buffs from a JE, they will all stack.