tang kai heng mission problem

the lvl 20 ceremonial guard has a long respawn time appparently, this has made step 1 of this mission near immpossible to complete. can the spawn timer be reduced please. i sat at the nav in slayton for over an hour and it never spawned.

naitram was the avatar, i forfeited the mission till the issue gets fixed. there were several other players that stopped by the nav point while i was there. not sure if they were looking for the same mob or not. i had both strettch and naitram sitting at the nav and circling the area.

the lvl 20 ceremonial guard has a long respawn time appparently, this has made step 1 of this mission near immpossible to complete. can the spawn timer be reduced please. i sat at the nav in slayton for over an hour and it never spawned.

i had both strettch and naitram sitting at the nav and circling the area.

You can sit there for countless hours and wont see any respawn unless you shoot something....

naitram was the avatar, i forfeited the mission till the issue gets fixed.

Nothing to fix, see above...

i shot alot of the 16's 13's and 23's enough to drop my faction 2k, which is why i left. and i don't appreciate the assinine comment zack, there is no good reason to have a repeatable mission mob on a lengthy timer. i don't give up on missions easily, i try to allow for my own misunderstandings of what the object may be, but this is rather simple. go to nav 6 in slayton and kill the lvl 20 cerimonial guard to obtain the gold ring. after an hour + of killing everything else in the area and not having the lvl 20 spawn even once, i gave up.

I read very carefully what people post.

I marked the important words in my quote (my first reply) already red for you, you used the word "sitting" and "sat" and "circling the area". There was not a single word in your original posting saying you shoot anything.

So is it the readers fault? No.

I was answering here by coincedence because i came accros this posting, normally i jump directly into the bug tracker.

I even started up my client and logged into sunrise to check the nav and i saw plenty of these ceremonial guards respawning after i shot stuff.

The mob isnt on a long timer, don't post anything "as a fact" unless its confirmed from the staff. If you would have asked i would have told you "90 seconds respawn"...

Bottom line:

I wasnt able to see a bug there in game - and considering you posting "i sat there for hours" my logical reply was: "Dont sit there, shoot stuff".

Finally you come here and post an "assinine comment" yourself now, being bold to someone who was follwing your report literally and testing stuff for you.

What do you think will happen next time i see you asking for help?

Right....nuff said.

I would like to add my own comments on this.

yesterday I was able to spawn the L20 ceremonial guard 4 times in the space of roughly 15 minutes.

I don't know if your scan range is low and you aren't seeing it or what the issue was, but I can verify the spawn is working fine.

Edited by Alurra

Well, after spending about an hour warping around Slayton nav 6 area, killing every level RD i saw, and spawning no CL 16 or CL 20s, I gave up for the time being.  I did get one of the gold rings from a CL 23 but none of the other gold rings.  My experience agrees with Strettch's and I DID shoot everything in sight within a 20k radius around that nav, never seeing a single CL 16 or 20.

I am switching my search to the Tarsis area where I remember seeing these very RDs in the past.  I'll let you know if the rings drop there.   :P

I think we are talking about two diff. things here?

While Strettch was talking about the spawn rate, you are talking about the drop rate, is this correct? 

Asking cuz two diff. approaches where to look at...

I did not see any CL 16 or CL 20 RDs spawn in the neighborhood of Slayton nav 6.  These are the ones that are "supposed" to drop the rings.  I am speaking about spawn rate.

I did mention getting one drop of Bai Leung's gold signet ring, but that came from a CL 23 RD, if I recall correctly, and not from any CL 16 or 20 as I did not see any of them spawn at all.

From what i remember, the mission says "from the Ceremonial Red Dragon" mob?

Anyway, i can see "something" that might screw up the spawn.

I will change some code for the next publish.