So what plans are there for Earth and Beyond's future storyline and gameplay?

Hi everyone.

I was EnB's beta tester back then and then played Live for a short time. I installed emu stuff in September this year and have been playing it on and off for three months.

I noticed Vrix appearing in groups of 3 by some sector gates and then I read in the chat window that somewhere around December/New Year the Vrix should appear as a full faction in EnB world.

Now, this post is not about Vrix in particular, but rather about the future of EnB. Will the Emu gradually recreate the events of the Live? Or will it take a different path? Will there be any new races/sectors? I found out I could not reach several sectors with my Lvl 64 TE, namely Smugglers Run and a few more I can't remember. Then I have a vague memory of an inset in Live's loading screen with something called Aquitaine, it seems to be gone from the Emu. I reckon those sectors will become explorable in the future?

Several sector gates, e.g. Gate to Sol System in Sirius system does not work though it shows green on the minimap. Will such gates eventually be enabled?

Also, sometimes the gates emit radiation when I try to move through them to a different sector. I don't remember that feature either in beta or in Live. Is that something new, and what is its purpose?

Questions aside, I decided to give the Emu a try merely out of nostalgy. I'm glad you guys work on it.

Best wishes!

The gate to Smuggler's Run is only accessible if you have Red Dragon faction higher than +2001.
You can gain faction by doing missions for Shao Tzu or turning in mahjongg tiles to an NPC in Glorys Orbit, or killing Chavez.

Some gates like the one to Sol you can't use because they go to a starter section for another race.

The gates emit radiation because the Vrix are up to something I believe.

New sectors are opening gradually as in live. Aquitaine is not one of them... yet.

We already have new Characters that were not available in live, including the Progen Trader, Jenquai Seeker, and Terran Explorer.

The emu is already better than live IMHO.
Now if we can get more people to discover it and play we'd be golden.

Speaking of Smuggler's Run system, it has 2 sectors now, rather than one.  Blackbeard's Wake & Paramis.  There's a mini-raid in Paramis that wasn't in the original game, Blackbeard's Ghost. 

In Sol Pluto & Charon, Mercury, Uranus, Neptune, and Venus are here, but weren't in the original, Ceres will open in the future. 

Proxima Centauri (Adriel Prime & Margesi sectors), Altair (Altair III, Nostrand Vor, and Nostrand Vor Planet), and Castor (Ishuan, Menorb, and later Nebiros) are new systems, they're the newb systems for the Scout, Privateer, and Seeker respectively. 

In 61 Cygni there's Moto which wasn't in the original.  Moto can be accessed through Aganju if you have sufficient Terran Alliance faction, and can be accessed from Altair III, if you have sufficient Progen Combine faction. (-1999 or better if I recall correctly)

Job terminals don't have timers like the original (an improvement IMO), you can get up to 6 at once, and all terminals are like the ones in Aragoth Station, was in the original.  In the original Aragoth Station offered jobs from multiple factions, while the other bases only offered jobs for the starbase owner's faction.