Best place for AA device?

I have begun a 'quest' for AA devices, I have been told that they are in 'Rocky' roids, can be in any roid in any system and appear about as often as the blood moon. As I understand it as each roid respawns what it will contain is determined by a % chance, therefore the more respawns the better the odds in finding one.  "After a server restart" Im told is the best time, well those aren't common these days, the monthly one happens when Im at work so the grind is my 1st/best option, and trade for them?   yea   Ill find a few before that happens ......

So I have started to 'groom' fields, mining out the rockys over and over in a mindless 'grind'    My question to anyone is there a field that you think has better odds?  is large enough to keep me going without a 20 min pause as respawn happens? and if anyone happens to need 7-9 ores let me know and I wont vendor them

I feel your pain. I used to mine endlessly and I've only ever found one in ABA - L4. I've said before AAs should be just a little less rare, should spawn in ny random place (not just a couple of secret spots known by kust a few people), and should also drop as a rare item from high level/raid mobs.

look in magoo vault :))     i have not even found 1 AA device yet . so i say look harder or get a few groups of miners and a group of defenders and hit a system and mine all you can mine , oh ya maybe a few tt's to trade with .

Since Live started I've found 2, both in VT along the path of fire (L7 aa Gahkur Ys & L8 aa Gahte An Ne) .  The AA drop rate has been reduced since then.  I can't say for certain, but I think you'll likely have to mine rocks or hulks of a level similar to the level of AA device you are looking for. 

There is likely no "good" spot to find AAs, IMO there shouldn't be.  I don't think you can do much to increase your odds of finding AAs more than increasing how much you mine.  If you go on a quest to specifically look for AAs you're probably more likely to find frustration.  If you find one don't be surprised if you were looking for something else at the time or just casually mining.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

I found an aa device lvl 7 almost a year ago in a roid in vt sry I don't remember what lvl the roid was I have since mined there over and over without finding another one.

good in finding them and just so ya know some players might pay 150 mil for one.

steve64j