Migraines, Oh the pain..

For the last few years I have been running and I am the administrator of a Facebook Page, Migraines.

I also suffer from Migraines, I have gained better understanding and control of my Migraines.

70%  of what Is on that page I wrote.(after the research I did)

I hope your not thinking this is a plug for advertisement, on the contrary. I delete the content and Ban any Seller/user for advertising on our page.

Currently there are 1500 followers of the page from 30 different counties. 
I monitor and respond to almost everyone's topic or PM for help.

Why do I do it? Migraines suck!

I lot of suffers feel alone, their friends don't understand, their bosses get fed up.

Migraineurs depend on each other for support and guidance, It is my hope that I provide some of that for them and myself.

I have a theory as I suffer them as well.   The very first one I had was while driving home from a stressful day at work over 20 years ago.  I went nearly blind (very colorful visual), massive pain and a sick feeling post onset. I have had several every week since, although I am in a dry spell and it has been almost 6 months.  My theory is that stress (in my case) keeps them at bay.  As soon as the stress level in my life subsides the migraines return.  

Things I have tried to lessen them:

Walking

Eating

Coffee (strong) espresso

Regular pain meds don't help... but sometimes will lessen the post headache

I am a bit superstitious that even discussing them will cause them to return.

As always I may be way off base,

Mim

I have a theory as I suffer them as well.   The very first one I had was while driving home from a stressful day at work over 20 years ago.  I went nearly blind (very colorful visual), massive pain and a sick feeling post onset. I have had several every week since, although I am in a dry spell and it has been almost 6 months.  My theory is that stress (in my case) keeps them at bay.  As soon as the stress level in my life subsides the migraines return.  

Things I have tried to lessen them:

Walking

Eating

Coffee (strong) espresso

Regular pain meds don't help... but sometimes will lessen the post headache

I am a bit superstitious that even discussing them will cause them to return.

As always I may be way off base,

Mim

Sounds familiar.

Is the stress thing or the coffee thing  the familiar part?  Being male most of my symptoms were mostly ignored as I was told migraines almost always happen mostly to women. Perhaps they were cluster headaches, unknown, not measurable transient attacks  rate low and are some of the take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning.

Mim

Is the stress thing or the coffee thing  the familiar part?  Being male most of my symptoms were mostly ignored as I was told migraines almost always happen mostly to women. Perhaps they were cluster headaches, unknown, not measurable transient attacks  rate low and are some of the take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning.

Mim

The "Sounds Familiar"is a link.

Your symptoms sound familiar, Its a Real Life discussion currently on Migraines, on a page I manage to help people in The Real World.

• 6 months later...
To start off i never had migraines but i used to have recurring headaches on a regular basis leaving me in (a not severe) pain for up to half a day since my youth. After a while i had a feeling it could have a relation to products i use or consume. After a little reading it seemed that some people can react badly to scented products. I stopped using and avoid hair gel, scented candles, scented air and car freshners, spray can deodorant and dishwash fluid for the dishes and cutlery. Since then i rarely have headaches and i feel (one of) those were there culprit.

Maybe unrelated but worth mentioning, i also have primary raynaud's phenomenon, which turns fingertips pale white and numb sometimes (bad bloodflow). Mostly in cold conditions. Edited by Veganoz