Ferguson - What is going on

Mimir

In 2008 I had hopes of an African American POTUS solidifying race relations but it seems to me there are now more divisions than ever before.  

Should the president have waded into what happened in Ferguson?

Is this a national/international issue or should it have remained local? 

Is the international news reporting the facts or echoing the network news from the US?

Has anyone read the transcripts from the grand jury? If so, opinion.  If not, also pen an opinion.

Just saying,

Mim

P.S. I will pen my thoughts after a bit...I don't want to get my account suspended before the discussion even starts. :)

This post has so much potential for trouble.

I do have an opinion.

I don't know all the facts vs fictions in this case. Honestly, I don't want to know. The people that NEED to know are those that need to make a decision on how to proceed. Criminally or not criminally.

If we spent as much time holding ourselves accountable for our own actions and worrying about what we were doing in our lives as we do worrying about other peoples actions and if they are being held accountable we might not have to endure the media frenzies to give us the 'reality tv' that they think we all crave.  Give me the facts, not the sensationalism. A cop shot someone. The reasons behind the shooting are being investigated. If he is found to have acted outside of the laws and duties prescribed by his job as an officer of the law he will be prosecuted and held accountable for his actions.  You can then follow up at a later date with the outcome. He was within the regulations set forth or he was found to have acted outside the law.

*Tries to imagine Walter Cronkite as a new anchor today.*

They would probably fire him because he can't keep up with Kardashians. *shrugs*

I make this post with respect to all .

Thursday April 4, 1968 The day i seen my mom cry for the first time .  I was only 7 , 8 years old . And she told me to go watch TV ,  Walter Cronkite was on .

I did not fully understand what was going on . The lady next door came over she was crying , Mom and her hugged . Mike can over and we just watched our moms cry .  BTW mike is black and I am white .

That night we saw the fires that was set , we heard the gunshots , we heard the screams from a few miles away . That is the night Kansas City Mo. burned . Our little group of friends came together and hug and ask why? Black and White in my front yard crying and praying . Then the " Cops " came by and told us to break up and get inside our we will be arrested . I asked my dad why will they arrest us . Dad said they are doing there job and they are scared .

Dad loaded Mom my 2 sisters ,my brother and I in the car and we went to grandma house in north M0. Dad had the am radio on and i remember that damm tone that was playing over and over . and the scared person telling us to stay home .  My Dad was born and raised in Missouri . Mom was from Mississippi .  We prayed for the rioters we prayed for Dr. King family . We prayed that this will never happen again .

But It did . many times . Each time there a " race " riot i ask "why " . why do you burn your stores  why do you steal . Anger will not bring back the dead .

When the unarmed white boy that was shot by a black cop because he charged the cop and yelled i will kill you , Did the white folk in lakeland Fla riot . no we did not .  The boy did wrong and he payed for it .

Was there a riot when the black boy killed a blacked boy for drugs ? NO .  But let a white person kill a black person .... whoppie its time for us to steal , its time for us to burn down the store we buy food from .

and i ask why ??  When the grand jury said no charges will be filed . The father of Mike Brown yelled " burn this bitch down ",  and they did .  and i ask why ?

BBC2 had a short news story on it . and they asked for peace and understanding .

This 55 years old disabled veteran who shed blood , who killed fellow human being's to protect the right of these " rioters"  can only sit here and ask  , WHY ?

Now you know why I enjoy the emu so much .. To forget real life . To come together with persons from around this big world called earth. To be happy being with folk i call friend's . Persons that I will never meet in person but I call family . 

"Why" for a small word it can mean alot .

Again I make this with all due respect to all .

This is not the Place for this type of post. This is my Real life and no need to bring the other Real life issues into this one..... just my 2.5 cents worth.

Your thoughts on this are respected, Syber, however this particular forum that you are currently in *points to the Real Life moniker* was designed SPECIFICALLY for posts just such as this.

There are very specific hard rules for this area of the forum. To that end, the players that have the desire to speak about 'Real Life' can do so freely as long as the rules are followed.