vmware, xp and enb

Is there no chance to play with two accounts on one windows xp? I play three accounts of wow and two eve online accounts on my single pc, without any problem.

Well if you can figure out a way to do so, I'm sure the community would be glad to hear it. If you don't like vmware you could try Microsoft Virtual PC. I haven't tried to run multiple EnB sessions with it myself yet, but I was planing to shortly.

VMware, Microsoft Virtual PC and is there another option? I'm kinda clueless on this whole ideal just to dual log on 1 pc. :( So yeah your gonna say XP maybe be more stable then Vista but that doesn't mean you should bash my next Vista question! OK, like we all know Linux is way more secure then XP :P nuf said but still.

So yeah what about Vista users? Can they run these programs? Is it more safe or worst and unstable from those who have experienced it and are using Vista?

Honestly I've played one 1 account so far and it's been fun, but now I'm just curious about the possibilities of running 2 accounts now just for fun instead of 1. It's what all the kewl kids are doing right? LOL :D

VMware, Microsoft Virtual PC and is there another option? I'm kinda clueless on this whole ideal just to dual log on 1 pc. :( So yeah your gonna say XP maybe be more stable then Vista but that doesn't mean you should bash my next Vista question! OK, like we all know Linux is way more secure then XP :P nuf said but still.

So yeah what about Vista users? Can they run these programs? Is it more safe or worst and unstable from those who have experienced it and are using Vista?

Honestly I've played one 1 account so far and it's been fun, but now I'm just curious about the possibilities of running 2 accounts now just for fun instead of 1. It's what all the kewl kids are doing right? LOL :D

Yes, both of those suggestions work on both Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Kewl now for my next question. Is it freeware or do I have to sign my life away just to use a demo version? I have "googled" and found VMware 7.0 workstation not 3.0 and M$ Virtual PC is actually called Azure Platform???... Maybe if you could give me a link to download these programs I would appreciate it. I must be unaware if these cost billions because so many are raving about it.

All you need is "VMWare Player" from vmware.com. You need to register (free) to download but otherwise that's all you need to do. Also download the manual so that you know what to do. It is not THAT complicated.

I have been trying to get it to run on Windows 7 with microsoft Virtual PC running a windows XP guest OS.

However i can't get ENB to launch, net7proxy comes up ok and says that it has launched ENB, i see the ENB window get created briefly then disapear, then ENB is gone (crashed with no error) and shortly after the net7proxy shuts down.

I figured it had to do with Direct3d, because microsoft virtual PC does not support direct 3D.

VMWare has expirimental support for direct3d if its running on a windows xp os and running a windows xp guest os (but im on 7)

for anyone that has gotten this working, what is your configuration?

as for getting two clients running nativly i think If i understand the proxy correctly this would be something required of the proxy program.

the net7proxy steps in to emulate the server that ENB is looking to talk to and then translate that to the net7 server instead.

the proxy itself would have to support multiple ENB clients connecting to it and maintaining them as seperate sessions with net7 server.

That is if I understand the situation.

It might also be possible with some manipulation of packets to link up an ENB client to a specific instance of the Net7 Proxy app via some port manipulation, idk...

Any Devs care to elaborate on this given some time?

• 4 weeks later...

I have spent a lot of time trying to get VMware player to work on Vista x64 with XP x32 as guest OS. I just cant get it too work. After a while I tried something different that turned out to work very well. I installed my XP on another hard drive and used that to run VMware with XP as guest OS. It seems as if XP host + XP guest is a winning combination, or atleast it was for me. It runs very smooth and VMware players 3D hardware acceleration works very well.

I am running vmware, xp and enb for a 2nd account. All works great for about 2 minutes then enb hangs. xp still in working order.Anyone else using this combo successfully?

I had this problem aswell. I solved it by changing the network settings. The default was 'NAT' which I changed to 'Bridged' with the 'Replicate' box ticked. After that I havent had any crashes.

//Wex

I have spent a lot of time trying to get VMware player to work on Vista x64 with XP x32 as guest OS. I just cant get it too work. After a while I tried something different that turned out to work very well. I installed my XP on another hard drive and used that to run VMware with XP as guest OS. It seems as if XP host + XP guest is a winning combination, or atleast it was for me. It runs very smooth and VMware players 3D hardware acceleration works very well.

I had this problem aswell. I solved it by changing the network settings. The default was 'NAT' which I changed to 'Bridged' with the 'Replicate' box ticked. After that I havent had any crashes.

//Wex

Where do I find these network settings?

Thanks in advance

When you open VMWare Workstation, it loads the existing VM, in that window, before running, it should show you the Devices and Options. In the Device window, you will see Network Adapter, double click on the Network Adapter, changine it from NAT, to Bridged. I have not tried these settings myself, because im at work, but am having the same issue with my VM, and plan on changing these settings when I get home tonight. Ive made the changes to my laptop, therefore knowing what to change going off this thread, but have it to confirm if it fixs my issue of keeping EnB log'd in.

l_cafa9ae673e040c18bc86390f2aae1db.jpg

Hope this helps out.

Where do I find these network settings?

Thanks in advance

For VMware Player, start the player console (click on the icon/desktop shortcut). Then, BEFORE starting the virtual machine, click on the text link "Edit Virtual Machine Settings". There should be a dialog box that pops up, with the network settings defaulted to NAT as described upthread.