PRS / Public Raid System Info and Discussion

PRS or Public Raid System

My first comment is that this is not to be confused with the "Public Raid Rotation Slot"  This is a separate System in game for Raids for the Community as a whole

The Dev's have given us the community the PRS, during the past few weeks I have attended there seem to be the same questions asked at each raid and I think things would go a lot smoother if the info was posted so it is known beforehand.

Please chime in with info or corrections if you notice any errors

The PRS Gate is near Abandoned Pathway 1  in Saturn  < X 228.94  Y -286.55  Z 0.00 >  once you have discovered the gate it will show on your system map when the sector is available

There is a per character gate fee for entering, the fee is based on which raid the group is doing, this fee is subject to change as BL is still looking for 'the sweet spot"  Fees have been from 3mill up to 15 mill

There are channels on Team Speak for these raids, Use 'PRS Staging room' for raid setup, once the groups are ready move to "PRS Raid in progress"

Once the groups are formed, ready and the desired raid is decided upon the Dev will open the gate, once the groups are inside the Dev will close the gate, no one else will be allowed in, it will not open again until the next raid cycle starts.  If you leave the system mid raid you cannot return, If you forget an item or ammo you will be without.

After the raid is finished and people have left the system the Dev will "Flush" the system, or rather any character in the system either online or logged out in the system will be removed from the system (not sure if they are moved to Saturn or N7)  This is done to keep the system for active players only.

There are 6 raids available in the sector to choose from  RD Base, GoBB, Controller, Fish Bowl, Gate Raid, and Voltoi

Triggers (FM2K/Face) are not needed

2 Raids can be run at the same time if enough people are interested, I believe BL said the only req he has on this is that the 2 are not next to each other

The Raids in the system are the same as in there normal locations, what you see at GoBB in Paramis is what you will see at GoBB in the PRS, same mob order, same loot drops, If you notice a difference, treat it as a bug and fill out a ticket.   If you have Neg or poor RD fraction STAY AWAY FROM THE RD BASE NAV,  you will be attacked, you will need a jump or tow, if you tow and the gate is closed you will wait until the next raid cycle

Groups may be made up by "whom ever shows up"  "pre planned group"  or  "Guild only" (yes guilds can use the system as they wish also)   Raids are not reserved, lets say your group wants to do the Controller raid, you have been forming for two hours and your waiting on 3 people to show up,  Then Raiding party #2 warps in ready to go and wants to do the Controller, they will get the raid,  "Ready to go" trumps "Been waiting here for awhile"

Loot Lottery

The Dev's are staying out of this area, its for us to decide how and what to do with the process. Currently its decided at the moment and is something WE need to discuss and iron out.  I would like to see a discussion to lay out the process so it is clear to everyone attending  on what to expect

If a pre planned group is raiding, say EPIC or Static or a mixed group, the can do whatever the heck they want with the loot. 

This is How to the best of my memory BL wants the 'mechanics' of the process to go,  PLEASE hop in and correct anything I have wrong or have missed

And please give input on the loot lotto process

Edited by Gunney
  • Upvote 3

I work the over night shift as gm due to my work hours. If there is enough people to hold a raid and are interested all they need to is get a hold of me on any channel. Or contact any of my peanuts gang alts. And I will respond.
  • Upvote 2

Good post Gunny. 

When it comes to raids, I think lotto is the best option.  Having lotto rather than say bidding, means that players who haven't made their fortunes yet, have the possibility to win something.  Not having such a possibility may act as a disincentive to people joining raids.

Perhaps it would be best to list the 'current public lotto system' and then see what should apply and what should be changed

Looter

Looter is chosen before the raid, the looter must be trustworthy and have good knowledge of the drops for the raid. The looter is generally responsible for running the lotto, holds the loot and passes it out

The roll is done by using the slash command  /random 1 100 1

The looter (or other responsible for the lotto) will post the item in local chat and announce the roll, it will look like this

Black Castor  110%     ROLL  ___________________________

after this is posted in local rolls begin,  1 roll per person  (some looters are more colorful and add comments as to the items function, class restrictions and value

After rolls have stopped for a period of time the looter will ask if there are any more rolls, if no replies then the current high roll wins

The item will be passed to the winner or if the item is unique the winners name will be added to the corpse so they may retrieve it

The next item is then set up for lotto

1 win per person per raid

The Toon that was in the raid is the Toon used to make rolls

The order of items being lottoed is based upon corpse timer, their current value, their current demand by raiders

Anyone in the raid can bid on any item

This is the current process for lottery in the Public Raid Rotation, It can be a basis for the PRS  Please add comments, suggestions on changes or Improvements and errors

Edited by Gunney

My personal thoughts on the Lotto system

Lottoing items mid raid,  I understand the corpse timer issue but I usually miss these lottos cause Im busy with the raid. Is it possible for the GM's to increase the timers on corpses that have unique items in them?

Race specific items,  Castor, Spitter, Streak,  each of these favor a race,  why aren't they rolled on as such? 

Unique loot only items,  Controller Core, Fury of the Master,ect ect,  Id like to see only those able to equipt the item be allowed to roll on the item.  If no one rolls then open it to others.  I feel if you want a specific item then bring the toon you want the item for. I can already her the comments "What if Im asked to bring my TT and I want the FotM", my reply is damn near every time Ive seen a Raid Forming announcement, there are posted replys of "What do you need me to bring".  Now on the off chance (very remote IMHO) that no healers show up at the forming point, then I will bow to allowing those who swap toons to roll for the item for their chosen toon.  Raid items should go to those who participate 1st, then to those who would pass the item to another (their own toons or other players)

OK  Got my rants out, flame away if you must