People actively playing?

Hello everyone!

I just found this site and think it is great that you keep this game alive.

I loved earth and beyond back then and i sure will give this a go as soon i got the files downloaded.

Are there many people actively playing? Is this project still alive and maintained?

I played that game a lot 10 years ago, it's one of my best game ever. I discovered this emulator last sunday and i'm back. I'm trying to play 3 caracters at the same time on 3 comp lol, but i have some problems... Thanks for your good work in bringing that game back.

Hi!  I played some in live and was thrilled when I found the EnB emulator a few years ago.  I couldn't get it working then but tried again last week with the latest build and got it to work!!  Been playing a couple hours a day (work permitting) and been having a blast!

SATURN - (11/17/2014) The galactic census is healthy, says the Glenn Commission in cooperation with its neighbor, NET-7 SOL.  The two Factions have worked together to take as accurate as possible count of the free-ranging pilots of all three races of humanity, the philosopher-scientist Jenquai, the genetically-perfected Progen and the capitalist trader Terrans.  While the registered population is at an all time high, reports the census, active flights to and from stations is relatively low.  

"Most pilots have set down roots and have real lives and real jobs as opposed to gallivanting about space and hunting space fauna and pirates," says Progen and wife Cassiopeia de Grey, spouse to Gamma Sulani Terran Loric de Grey.  "The galaxy's traffic is lower even as registered citizens continue to climb and that is heartening for future colonization," she adds.

With new features such a the Public Raid Sector, a pay for entry zone adjacent to Saturn sector, the re-vamped timed and triggered raids and signal stabilization preventing visits to Megan or real life; pilots are settling into an 'endgame' status as each profession reaches that vaunted Overall License 150.  Still, most pilots choose to stick around and help other, newer pilots.

"This community has been the best I've returned to in a long time," says one pilot.  Pilots are finding the nostalgic and camaraderie they knew from just over a decade ago.  The return or 'Emulation' has been a new take on an old favorite.

Story Content, challenging mission lines, new theme park interludes, holiday events, Guilds and guild events, all are made possible by Staff and by pilots working together to root out Emulation bugs, system imperfections, travel hazards, sector overpopulation and space-time-story continuity errors.  

Guild diplomacy has met a milestone with the use of VoIP comm channels that now allow them to meet and set up new innovations such as weekly raid rotations.  With a representative of the pilots - the Player Advocate - pilots have a voice of feedback to Staff who meet weekly without fail to address issues brought to them by the elected Advocate.  Communication across the server continues to improve with the new additions of Private Channels, Roleplay channel and the latest in masercom relay communications - Net-7 News to bring pilots the latest in clues, news and helpful hints.

With these new improvements to the Earth & Beyond Emulator, pilots continue to swell the census of the Sunrise galaxy.

From the Census Department on board NET-7 SOL in Saturn Sector, this is the Pakkrat.

Thanks for the News update Pakkrat.  Welcome Home to the new peeps Thoemse, Pierre and txMaddog; may your game play be as enjoyable as mine has been for the last 4 years

Yes the game is quite active as far as I've seen, I use to play back when the game was "live" played from sunrise to sunset it was a sad day when it shut down.

I've been back now for a month and have been playing a few hours everyday ever since, a mate of mine who I met playing back in the live E&;;B days told me about this EMU

took me a few years to get around to it but so glad I did.

All those old feelings came back the second I un-docked.....like seeing an old friend after many years, cheers to the people that made this EMU happen

bringing back my all time fav games and community welcome home to all returning pilots.

was disappointed when EA took E&B offline to save sims and when we petitioned them to let an outside source run it they said no. Kudos to the developers of the emulator.  i will hope to have my terran back with a full compliment of zets i really enjoyed it back in 2003 before they shut it down. I am now downloading and hope to be back in soon