Raid Rotation Discussions and more....

Hello folks,

Yesterday we had an informal but very positive meeting with the leaderships of both Builder Inc and Static regarding the future raids in the up and coming sector openings (whenever it happens). I'd like to personally thank Raiderman and company for hosting it in their channels, we had a great time. :)

We seemed to all be in agreement that the skip week would likely fall to the next raid made available to us by the devs. This seems like a logical choice to us, but we also would like to hear from members of VonCorp and the public on these events.

Stepping back a bit to those in attendance, we introduced the idea that any group of people (ergo guilds/public) might put forward a representative like an ambassador or two to attend such meetings. Its very important to all of us that everyone have a say and a share of shaping things to come and keep things going on a positive note. Please give this some careful consideration as to who you guys would like to represent you in inter-guild/player relations. The people that are chosen should be of good character and standing, and obviously be willing to be available on Teamspeak with a working mic. The role would be reasonably light, as these gatherings are infrequent. We (all in attendance) agreed that getting communications opened up between guilds will only serve to better the online experience for everyone. So if there is interest within your guild, or if members of the public would like to come to some agreement as to who they would like to represent them, please do so, but please limit the number in attendance to 1 or 2 representatives per guild/group, to help keep things simple and the meetings moving forward... (too many cooks in the kitchen, etc.) The people chosen will become the central point of contact to the other representatives. Its is our hope to end or curtail any hostilities by opening up communications between the players. We want this to be a positive experience to all the player base being that we all have the same goal to enjoy our time in the game, and have as our guild puts it, more fun, less drama, in game... Something I think we can all agree on. :)

Yesterday's meeting also touched on the possibility of putting forward a proposal to make some changes to raids such as the celestial warder, making the raid and drops to something substantial enough to warrant a spot in the rotation, and to see that more of the player base would have better access to the experiences of that event and the drops therein. In its current state, the event there is generally light on drops from minions and the warder, in that there are only 1 or 2 items per spawn that have value. So it is our hope that the player base might formulate a plan to improve the event, and give the proposal to the developers. I'm sure we can come up with some good ideas between us all, so people in your various camps that are interested in getting involved are invited to bring their ideas to the table.

As mentioned above, we also discussed the skip week falling to which ever group was on the skip week, when any new raid was made available. There was also some discussion going around on the outside that there might be the possibility of simply adding the raid to the rotation, and continuing the skip week at the end for those that want to keep some off rotation time for themselves and their guilds. This is also a good point as not everyone likes to hit these raids every week, and might want some down time. This is something we can also weigh in on as well. during the next meeting.

For the time being, lets focus on choosing our representatives for future meetings, and Raiderman and I will work toward the same end, and setting up our next meeting. We will keep everyone informed here as well. Please feel free to PM me here, or feel free to post your suggestions for an ambassador. For the public raiders, you guys may want to start a poll once you have several finalists and choose how you want to proceed with the position (whether or not its a permanent position, or up for re-election down the road).

Thanks for reading....  :)

• Upvote 2

Quote: "So it is our hope that the player base might formulate a plan to improve the event, and give the proposal to the developers." My comments are just personal suggestions. I'm sure Efi would have had some input if he's been invited to your meeting, and I'm sure he will comment in due course.

A good start may be to look at several of the previous conversations on the forums. I can summarize a few of the thoughts.

The Warder could be a triggered raid. Keep it rare, perhaps an expensive credit-sink, or rare item. It saddens me that the same people continue to hog this spawn and use the loot to trade up, and not allow mere mortals to even glimpse this spawn.

The raids can be very stingy. Things like DG seem to be rarer than necessary. You turn up with 12-15 toons and there are only 2-3-4 items worth rolling for. Add more devices, random AAs, ammo samples, rare comps.

Bring back the old Halloween raid in ABG as a permanent thing. It had a nice range of beams and devices that dropped. It can still be rare - limit the pumpkin spawn to random (BL spawned?) locations and restrict figurine drops.

Review the respawn cycles. I'm fortunate to be in a guild that raids often but I am lucky to be on at the right time and sometimes go a week or more without a raid. Make them 18hr, or random 12-36hr, or triggerable, or purchaseable. This would also make more space for public raids.

Review the drops on AV, Bunyip and Zenrei. Same comments as the stingy raids.

Evermore has done some great work on making the rarer items drop in more places (though I have seen little evidence that the rare drops becoming more obtainable despite systematic searching). Can we review the items that have fewer than 30 builders and spread the love. Many of these builders are not with us anymore. I can list off most of these items if need be.
Some of the L8-9 devices are difficult to come by.

AAs are just too rare. I rejoined the game a few months after live (eye ops) and unfortunately missed the free-for-all when AAs seemed like confetti. I still mine a lot and still have just one AA despite years of searching. Can these be added as rare drops in raids.

I have no issue with items remaining rare, just that they become more obtainable with dedicated work.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

A week on the boards and no replies from "Public Members" (Non-Big-3) ?   

If you cant offer up suggestions or opinions, you have no grounds to complain about something being 'broken' or controlled by "The Big 3"

Ahemmm if I may just step in here, I was online today for quiet sometime today, final exam tomorrow needed sometime to clear my head and yadi-yada-yada. During a random discussion on general it came to light that most of the players do not frequent the forum as some of us. I would bet that is the cause for the lack of participation in these discussions, hence the lack of response to this thread. Also just occurred to me that some may just fear the responsibility that will come with being involved in these discussions.

I am a public raider and I like the system that we have now.  It is so much better than what we had just a year ago.  I have the opportunity to raid if I happen to be on when the public raid is forming.  I would rather leave the current agreement alone because it works and is a lot more functional than having all of us fight over the raids.

The new raid in DT, if there is going to be one, will attract lots of attention.  I have no say in how the agreement works, but I would like to suggest that we take it on as a server.  Have everyone bring their best toon out and make 3-4 groups from the different guilds.  I have no idea what is coming up but we will all have to learn which damage type is best and formulate raid strategies.  Having the big three and the public work together on it would be a good thing for us all for learning the new raid.  Once the first week of this raid is down, we could then spin it off to the "off" week people. 

Edited by Goodhumorboy

Since DT access will probably be limited, maybe we should wait until all parties in the rotation have enough people with access before including it in the rotation.

I agree on this point, however I would like to see an in game anouncement when the trigger is up to allow all able to atend and not just a select group/guild

I agree on this point, however I would like to see an in game anouncement when the trigger is up to allow all able to atend and not just a select group/guild

Here is the problem that everyone keeps forgetting.  The Bogeril Raid was not inside DT.  It was in Witberg so no faction was necessary.  It was a triggered raid.  There are several aspects from the game that are still not in that are necessary for this Raid (If it is to be restored to what it was in Live).  If that is not the case then well then that is not the Bogeril Raid in my opinion but thats just my 2 cents.  One key element that is missing is the JEs Compulsary Contemplation Skill.  If the Bogeril Raid is to be the true testament of what it was in live it is and was completely different then bring your biggest baddest guns, pew pew and win.  It required coordination and skill to take it down, something that not many people accomplished in Live across several servers.

I vaguely recall being one of the first groups to attempt it Live on Galileo and we too took a massive grouping only to get wiped pretty hard initially (because server stability, size and all that).  It did take 2-3 groups and lots of communication to accomplish it though.  Not to mention the tons of man hours to gather the trigger for it.

Alas its all speculation at this point because all we have to go on is that DT will be opening soon.  My guess is we'll just get DT and the regular mobs along with the named mobs and their drops (will basically be an Antares with timed spawns of named mobs).  But hey DEVs could surprise us we'll see.  But if we are to follow the makeup and storyline of Live (its all outta wack right now) and we need to have Zeke and Zachs missions along with others in place too for it all to work as it was.  Again we just have to wait and see what's in store, I'll be happy with just DT and all its over campedness to come lol.

Here is the problem that everyone keeps forgetting.  The Bogeril Raid was not inside DT.  It was in Witberg so no faction was necessary.  It was a triggered raid.  There are several aspects from the game that are still not in that are necessary for this Raid (If it is to be restored to what it was in Live).  If that is not the case then well then that is not the Bogeril Raid in my opinion but thats just my 2 cents.  One key element that is missing is the JEs Compulsary Contemplation Skill.  If the Bogeril Raid is to be the true testament of what it was in live it is and was completely different then bring your biggest baddest guns, pew pew and win.  It required coordination and skill to take it down, something that not many people accomplished in Live across several servers.

I vaguely recall being one of the first groups to attempt it Live on Galileo and we too took a massive grouping only to get wiped pretty hard initially (because server stability, size and all that).  It did take 2-3 groups and lots of communication to accomplish it though.  Not to mention the tons of man hours to gather the trigger for it.

Alas its all speculation at this point because all we have to go on is that DT will be opening soon.  My guess is we'll just get DT and the regular mobs along with the named mobs and their drops (will basically be an Antares with timed spawns of named mobs).  But hey DEVs could surprise us we'll see.  But if we are to follow the makeup and storyline of Live (its all outta wack right now) and we need to have Zeke and Zachs missions along with others in place too for it all to work as it was.  Again we just have to wait and see what's in store, I'll be happy with just DT and all its over campedness to come lol.

The Zeke raid was triggered.  We are talking about the raid inside DT that drops the Dung Flinger.

The Zeke raid was triggered.  We are talking about the raid inside DT that drops the Dung Flinger.

Genril McQuiken spawned named mob wasn;t a raid either, inside DT was nothing more than spawned named mobs like the Voltoi/Tengu named.  Scooter, Genril, Corporal and I might be forgetting another one, all doable with a single group.  But yea like I said all speculation without knowing DEVs intentions and plans for it all.  As I said I merely referenced live this isn't live so we gotta wait and see.