possible credit sink

Stoop

Due to my work schedule (Five 12 hour days a week, sometimes on call during the weekends) I'm only able to play maybe 2 days a week.  I've noticed many players saying credits are worthless and I've seen BL spawn public raids frequently.  I understand and applaud BL for trying to help the player base get better gear, but all that extra loot is getting sold to vendors for credits, which may or may not be spent for vendored items, analyzing or manufacturing.  This is creating a massive influx of credits with little to none outgoing.  My solution?  Create a sector that BL can spawn his public raids, the gate requires an item (a ticket if you will) which can be bought for x amount of credits at a certain vendor.  Each player has to buy their own ticket.  This enables players to continue with BL's public raids and also begins a balancing of credits.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I honestly believe this might help.

• Upvote 2

Not sure if that would work, but sounds interesting. 

I think that the big problem is that the market is mostly barter, w/r/t the really good items.  If you didn't get the drop yourself, and you want a Devastating Gaze (DG), you can't trade to get a looted one, via credits.  Instead you need an item of similar value to trade instead.  If you want one built, you'll need to get your hands on the parts, or at least the things needed to make the parts.  The hard part being getting the eye.  I'm not really sure how this can be fixed, or if it can.

• 1 month later...

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/10362-the-week-in-highlights-91414/

Blacklung spawned what?! -

You asked:

Aren’t all the ‘public’ spawns just contributing to the overabundance of credits? Wouldn’t we be better suited putting these in another sector of space and selling tickets or something to create a credit sink?

The Emu Team said:

While the guilds that have been raiding for a while might have a lot of this gear, there are still many toons that either don’t have the gear or don’t have the access to the raiding spawn points. The loot is not currently on the radar as being excessively vendored because there is too much of it.

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/10464-public-raid-sector/

First they shoot down my idea then decide it's worth it.  Should I ask for a commission?  :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...

all that extra loot is getting sold to vendors for credits, which may or may not be spent for vendored items, analyzing or manufacturing.  This is creating a massive influx of credits with little to none outgoing.

Maybe this is the root of the problem.  Should items from raids have value when sold to vendors?

1 person farming in paramis for 2 hrs can get as much loot as the 14 guys doing the raid can.  Raids are an inefficient way of making credits.

Yes many players have a stupid amount of credits,  But the more Ive thought about it the more I wonder why everyone is asking about a credit sink?

As Terrell said above the current system is based on barter, and that's on the high end of things, on low level gear seldom is payment wanted for building items. you simply run around for the parts and bring them to the builder, tips are nice. 

But what part of the current system is broken and needs fixing?

And a hat tip to Stoop on the PRS