Best plan to build everything...

ieon99

Hello all,

I really enjoy the building part of the game and would like to be able to build all the equipment available (eventually).  What I would like to know is....What would be the ideal devision of skills between the different classes?  I plan on leveling a TT, JE, and PP.  What would be the best way to devide up the build skills between them?  I know that it may not be neccessary to have all 3 classes, but I will eventually want to try all of them out anyways.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ieon

To cover every possible build in the game, not counting Agrippa, you'll need to have at a minimum a TT, PT, and either a JE or JT.   To do it in the fewest possible characters the TT would build everything, eventually, except Reactors.  The JT/JE and PT would build Reactors, since no Terran can build reactors due to racial weakness. (no playable character can build the item his race is weak with)  You'll need quite a few overdings to max the TT's builds if you also want to use it in combat or support.  Progen & Jenquai are subject to racial restrictions when building, Terrans are not.  Progen cannot build Progen Restricted items, Jenquai cannot build Jenquai Restricted equipment.  Much of the equipment used by either Progen or Jenquai is restricted from the opposite race.

Agrippa is Progen specific content, that gives some recipes.  I'm not sure, but I think you'll need all 3 Progen characters to cover all Agrippa Tech builds.

I'm not sure, but I think you'll need all 3 Progen characters to cover all Agrippa Tech builds.

Correct.  If you choose to do Agrippa you will need the PW for all flechette ammo types, the PS for the "Tactical" devices and, of course, the PT for reactors and all the rest.

PS.  If you are a true do-it-yourself-er the Agrippa build trees all CAN be done completely solo, as I did,  if you create all 3 archetypes, preferably on separate accounts, and follow Snottys directions here:

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/7360-agrippa-technology-tips-and-observations/?p=71053

Happy building ;)

Correct.  If you choose to do Agrippa you will need the PW for all flechette ammo types, the PS for the "Tactical" devices and, of course, the PT for reactors and all the rest.

PS.  If you are a true do-it-yourself-er the Agrippa build trees all CAN be done completely solo, as I did,  if you create all 3 archetypes, preferably on separate accounts, and follow Snottys directions here:

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/7360-agrippa-technology-tips-and-observations/?p=71053

Happy building ;)

Thanks.

For me, I used Terrans for builders due to the fact that there are no restrictions on class builds other then reactors. TE for Engines / TT for Components and Shields / TS for devices. Then there is Agrippa, PW/PP/PS  for that; also did it on all other classes so a total of nine toons of mine have done Agrippa. Yes I was board one week. But what ever you  choose for your builders, just have fun doing it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lets assume a non agrippa builder

I would make a PP the comp builder(due to agrippa), I would also do shields and reactors(honestly who is going to use jenquai shields and ps/pp's can make the mordana shields for jennies)

JS reactors ( mine happens to be a comp builder instead of the pp circumstances)Altho with the fact a pp can make draco and cygnus reactors.. it's circumstancial at best.. Still it's nice to have a jenny reactor builder for the hotd and others)

tt devices/engines and weapons (nobody does them better)

This setup covers everything a non agrippa builder has to handle

For agrippa you can do ps devices stage I II and III shields stage I

PP all 4(no reason not to since you will need all 4 disciplines to build anything in agrippa)

and a pw does stage II weapons only for the ammo prints this covers everything in agrippa you will see or do.

Adjust as you like but this will give you the widest range and the least amount of skill points spent between all 3 toons( a pp can do all 4 and have max shield recharge by 150 but you give up engines)

This was how I laid out my builders in st4 and as skill points came i cross polinated the builders a bit, adjust to fit your circumstances.

• 9 years later...
On 8/15/2014 at 4:35 AM, Tradermagoo said:

Lets assume a non agrippa builder

I would make a PP the comp builder(due to agrippa), I would also do shields and reactors(honestly who is going to use jenquai shields and ps/pp's can make the mordana shields for jennies)

JS reactors ( mine happens to be a comp builder instead of the pp circumstances)Altho with the fact a pp can make draco and cygnus reactors.. it's circumstancial at best.. Still it's nice to have a jenny reactor builder for the hotd and others)

tt devices/engines and weapons (nobody does them better)

This setup covers everything a non agrippa builder has to handle

For agrippa you can do ps devices stage I II and III shields stage I

PP all 4(no reason not to since you will need all 4 disciplines to build anything in agrippa)

and a pw does stage II weapons only for the ammo prints this covers everything in agrippa you will see or do.

Adjust as you like but this will give you the widest range and the least amount of skill points spent between all 3 toons( a pp can do all 4 and have max shield recharge by 150 but you give up engines)

This was how I laid out my builders in st4 and as skill points came i cross polinated the builders a bit, adjust to fit your circumstances.

So I played back in live, but this was my first mmo as a dumb kid and I did not engage much with building on my old TE.  Wanting to take a crack at being as self sufficient as possible and was mapping out my classes and skills last night.  Figured out through these threads that I was not taking the racial restrictions element into the equation, so we are starting from scratch haha.

I am liking and understanding (I believe anyway) the outline here.  I am now thinking PP (components, shields, reactors), JE (prospect, reactors), and TT (devices, engines, weapons).  However, one question, is there any reason to go JS over JE for the builder for their respective reactors?  I am hoping to have a PW and TE as well, so I will require a prospector on the account and JE fits the bill plus the lovely wormhole to boot.  Though, perhaps I am being overly ambitious trying to roll a JE without wanting to go into multibox configurations to help it along?  Hoping to have these three be somewhat viable in other content than just building, which again might be overly ambitious with the skill point spread.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2023 at 12:14 PM, Tindalos said:

So I played back in live, but this was my first mmo as a dumb kid and I did not engage much with building on my old TE.  Wanting to take a crack at being as self sufficient as possible and was mapping out my classes and skills last night.  Figured out through these threads that I was not taking the racial restrictions element into the equation, so we are starting from scratch haha.

I am liking and understanding (I believe anyway) the outline here.  I am now thinking PP (components, shields, reactors), JE (prospect, reactors), and TT (devices, engines, weapons).  However, one question, is there any reason to go JS over JE for the builder for their respective reactors?  I am hoping to have a PW and TE as well, so I will require a prospector on the account and JE fits the bill plus the lovely wormhole to boot.  Though, perhaps I am being overly ambitious trying to roll a JE without wanting to go into multibox configurations to help it along?  Hoping to have these three be somewhat viable in other content than just building, which again might be overly ambitious with the skill point spread.

If this were Live - with the JS (which wasn't there then) - AND an economy that was a bit more functional - I would say the JS would be a better builder than the JE for reactors simply due to JS having the Negotiate skill.  That lowers their costs and allows them, all other things being equal, to follow a path of building that is more cost competitive when compared to the JE.  Couple with the ability to build their own comps (like the other two Traders) they would theoretically be able to craft reactors for less than a JE and have a better margin.

That being said . . . market considerations aren't really a thing now so it really doesn't matter.  Follow whatever path works out best for you depending upon the amount of time (and skill points) you wish to invest in your characters.  JE's were the original reactor builders (excluding restricted to Progen items, of course) "back in the day" and did quite well.  There's nothing that I know that is unique about a JS that's going to allow it to do anything "better" at building reactors than a JE, it's really just how you want to alloc skill points.  

Anyway, just my $0.02 worth.