Confusing Reactor names

So, there are a few reactor lines that people tend to get confused about. People tend to think that the level 7 nova upgrades to the level 8 supernova. And the Unicorn reactors with virtually identical names just gets me confused and I'm a 200% reactor builder.

Nova get's confused with supernova

And Unicorn gets confused with Unicorn II

The issue is the highly similar names.

So my suggestion is to rename them.

My suggestion is to rename the Nova the Solar Flare while keeping supernova the same.

And to rename the Unicorn II line the Cooler MLP X7 Pegasus and More Cooler MLP X8 Pegasus

So, there are a few reactor lines that people tend to get confused about. People tend to think that the level 7 nova upgrades to the level 8 supernova. And the Unicorn reactors with virtually identical names just gets me confused and I'm a 200% reactor builder.

Nova get's confused with supernova

And Unicorn gets confused with Unicorn II

The issue is the highly similar names.

So my suggestion is to rename them.

My suggestion is to rename the Nova the Solar Flare while keeping supernova the same.

And to rename the Unicorn II line the Cooler MLP X7 Pegasus and More Cooler MLP X8 Pegasus

The idea has some promise, and may make the reactor lines less confusing.  Solar Flare or something star related for the Nova line sounds like it would work.

For the Unicorn II you would probably need to pick a different name, but the idea makes sense.  Pegasus is already taken by a line of Sundari engines (pretty good travel engine).  The Cooler / More Cooler thing is something that Tada-O uses in it's equipment names, but the reactors in question are by Good Earth Trading Company.  

I think the reactor names are fine the way they are.

I don't get confused.  There are many tools one can use,

to get beyond the confusion.  

A person should only have trouble once,

per run across.  Should remember after that.

I vote NO...for a name change

Edited by GetOffMe
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think we should include reactor failures like random reactor trips or melt downs.  That would spice things up a lot.

Now that is a berry interesting idea.  I like it!!!   They'll probably save that for the Vrix to do though.

And the MLP X7 Pegasus will get confused with the Pegasus engine!

And then there is the Mastiff confusion.

I vote no change.  The names have been like this for 10 years.

• Upvote 1