Weapons question Oguns vs Blue Dragonfly missle launchers.

When looking at the stats on both of these,the Dragonfly seems better in every way but are slower reloading by 1 sec. So why do people say Oguns are better? Dragons even has buffs against Emp and Energy damage. I don't get it. What am i missing.

According to the database, the DPS for the Bluedragonfly is less than that of the Ogun.
But the Ogun is in no way the best ML to equip.
There are other choices, and I tend to mix them up for the buffs.

Remember, O-guns start at lvl3 and are prolly the most popular ML at that level making them easy to have built and go up to lvl6 w/same ammo. Ammo only requires 3 comps and are cheap. I also suggest mixing types for the buffs, but that comes at the increased space needed for different ammo comps. Get a Rada (plasma debuff device) if you decide on O-guns.

If you do use O-guns at lvl5, get an Onyx O-gun. It uses the same ammo and has great buffs.

I had mixed O-guns with Type B's at lvl4 which upgrade to lvl5 and 6. There are many good choices and combinations. And you can always sell or give away your old launchers as you progress.

You are looking at the wrong stat.
Damage per shot for the Ogun ammo is 60 @100% and 78 @200%
So the dps(damage per second) for Ogun lev 6 is 18.00 @100% and 37.14 @200%

So in other words you have to look at the dps for each weapon, not the ammo stat.
The ammo could be say 100 damage but if the weapon doesn't fire for say 50 seconds then the dps would only be 2
Hope that helps explain it for ya. :)