Warder...

Make it a triggered raid ( like the FB  etc , and work for the trigger items , not just sit there waiting ) = problem solved .

^^This would be acceptable in my book. There is already some sort of mission involving the Warder, so perhaps some changes to this mission in order for it to trigger the Warder itself.

• Upvote 1

Hehe, deja vu indeed. Man how the EnB forums always lit up with a thread of the warder being camped in original live.

I don't camp it, prolly never will, just can't be arsed to sit there lol

But, I say leave it alone. If folks want to camp it, let em. If you want to compete for it, camp it yourself. If you are trying to compete and just can't win, try try again.

• Upvote 1

Why does everything have to be easy and accessible to everyone, even if they don't want to put the effort in? If anyone thinks that you can kill the Warder by having a toon camping there on another account and just checking now and then, then you have no idea what you are talking about. The Warder dies a few seconds after it spawns so all those issues brought up are just nonsense. The only way to get the kill is to be there and be ready to shoot the second it spawns (although I would suspect that some are running macros for this, but that is another issue). Now if you dont want to, or can't, spend that much time for this mob, well, too bad. But expecting to have the game redesigned for your personal needs and desires is ridiculous.

The only issue that needs to be adressed is when people cheat by using macros, something that you can clearly see happen at several rare spawns.

Why does everything have to be easy and accessible to everyone, even if they don't want to put the effort in? If anyone thinks that you can kill the Warder by having a toon camping there on another account and just checking now and then, then you have no idea what you are talking about. The Warder dies a few seconds after it spawns so all those issues brought up are just nonsense. The only way to get the kill is to be there and be ready to shoot the second it spawns (although I would suspect that some are running macros for this, but that is another issue). Now if you dont want to, or can't, spend that much time for this mob, well, too bad. But expecting to have the game redesigned for your personal needs and desires is ridiculous.

The only issue that needs to be adressed is when people cheat by using macros, something that you can clearly see happen at several rare spawns.

All the other raids and boss mobs had been redesigned so that all may have a chance at them...accessible.

No one said anything about making this trigger easy to activate or obtain...only accessible.

You are missing the point...

With your logic, all the other triggers for the other raids should be removed as well.

Edited by Giovani Soprano
  • Downvote 1

All the other raids and boss mobs had been redesigned so that all may have a chance at them...accessible.

No one said anything about making this trigger easy to activate or obtain...only accessible.

You are missing the point...

With your logic, all the other triggers for the other raids should be removed as well.

As far as I know, all the raids are the same, except for new ones, as they were in original live. The only change is the scale, ie they are doable with fewer people for obvious reasons. My logic is clearly the opposite of what you read in to it. I want to keep it as it was in live. I want to keep the diversity and the challenge.

• Downvote 1

The spawn and the Warder are accessible.  They're just not easy.

All it takes to kill the Warder is patience and a little luck.  I've camped the Warder maybe a dozen times.  It's not hard to kill, if you're there; but because the spawn window is so broad and so variable, it's a difficult spawn to be there for unless you're willing to invest a lot of time.  I've gotten the kill twice, and shared it with other folks maybe half a dozen more.  The rest of the times, I just missed it altogether.  

If you don't have the patience to camp the Warder, you can still get the devices it drops in trade.  I got my most recent FoC that way, as part of a trade for an aa device I prospected a few weeks back.  

So -- the Warder and its drops are accessible.  They're just not easy.  As long as they're accessible, I don't see why they need to be changed.

In live the warder had a very specific timer, no variance. Some had that figured out to the second so i say make it the same. Then you have the ppl know exactly when he will spawn and wont have to live their lives in arduinne like now.

Have 30+ people contesting for it each time. Let the games begin...

Else Prre's idea for a trigger is worth exploring.

Edited by Efialtis

Imo, I'd say make ALL raids triggerable.

You need to work together to create a trigger. Should not be something that a single person could get in minutes, but should be an efford for entire guilds (Mining, killing and building needed to get the trigger).

For non-guilded people, there should at least be 1 week in total a month, where the guilds work together to create the trigger for an public raid. In exchange, the guilds that participated in the creating of the trigger, could get a part for a new trigger, wich they can use for a guildraid(randomized between parts and raid, so you won't get items for 1 certain raid only), or saved for the next public raid.

This would enchance the co-operation between guilds, and give everyone a chance.

Guilds could work together as well combining trigger materials and sharing the raid(s).

Example, an boss has an chance to drop an item, needed for an raid, and that raid, gives drops for yet another raid, or the same raid, etc.

This would give raids meaning as well. You, and others have to work for participation in a raid, making them more "special"

Imo, I'd say make ALL raids triggerable.

You need to work together to create a trigger. Should not be something that a single person could get in minutes, but should be an efford for entire guilds (Mining, killing and building needed to get the trigger).

For non-guilded people, there should at least be 1 week in total a month, where the guilds work together to create the trigger for an public raid. In exchange, the guilds that participated in the creating of the trigger, could get a part for a new trigger, wich they can use for a guildraid(randomized between parts and raid, so you won't get items for 1 certain raid only), or saved for the next public raid.

This would enchance the co-operation between guilds, and give everyone a chance.

Guilds could work together as well combining trigger materials and sharing the raid(s).

Example, an boss has an chance to drop an item, needed for an raid, and that raid, gives drops for yet another raid, or the same raid, etc.

This would give raids meaning as well. You, and others have to work for participation in a raid, making them more "special"

so i can do this alone with my toons then. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

In EnB Live there were always invitations for others outside the "In Crowd" or Guild.  What if groups try to bump one of their group (someone who has done it before) and invite some stranger into the group?  At least this stranger would have a chance to rnd whatever was dropped.  This could work for any and all raids.

Just saying...    

I call BS on that one. Once a guild got the spawn they always owned it, at least on my server. They never invited anyone other than their own guild as it was not that big of a boss spawn and if done right could be done solo by a PW and JD, JD flies off and once PW gets sheilds gone summon PW and rinse and repeat. A guy in my guild and his bro took it in that exact setup right before sunset. After I said it was up they took it upon themselves to do it and nearly got kicked for not letting the guild go for it and do a /random, which  is why I did not PM someone and announced it to guild chat. All but near the end you could go to ardus and see multiple campers at it's spawn, most of the time from different guilds and it was based on who knew when it would spawn. Many times I saw many sitting on the spawn just waiting, to get KSed by a guild with many JDs cloaked and taking all but 3 seconds to kill it.

That was and has been why I was an advocate of either activated or a random spawn timer since, if you know the exact millisecond something is going to spawn sure you can coordinate it. If it is  +/- a few hours it is far mosre difficult and if it is activated, well good luck there as it can be whenever the person who can do so can do it.

Make it a triggered raid ( like the FB  etc , and work for the trigger items , not just sit there waiting ) = problem solved .

Exactly, that way no one guild can own it. IIf it spawns at 3pm you kill it and it respawns at 3pm 72 hours later, well you have the advantage as you know when it will spawn again. Plus/minus will reduce that some but there will be campers, if you do activated well campers are screwed. But oh well my word is worth a grain of sand in the sahara

Edited by shadowxsx

OH and BTW yes I did quit playing here a long time ago, but you know what? I played live and till the day I die I will remember it. So if you have an issue go the the old enb forums from EA, if still active and look up my posts. You will find I was advocating this a very long time, if that forum is still alive.

Yo shadows. Those old forums are still up and I do remember reading posts about activatable raids from that long ago. I'll send you a PM with the inf

Yo shadows. Those old forums are still up and I do remember reading posts about activatable raids from that long ago. I'll send you a PM with the info.

Got the PM but redirected to errors. Not your issue I am sure and EnB is long dead to EA and I am sure they could not care less about maintaining a forum for a inactive game as I am sure they consider it. Or if there are errors, Maybe I was registered as shadowlordxsx if you can read them. But yeah I was an advocate of it before instances were in live

Yo shadows. Those old forums are still up and I do remember reading posts about activatable raids from that long ago. I'll send you a PM with the inf

Yo shadows. Those old forums are still up and I do remember reading posts about activatable raids from that long ago. I'll send you a PM with the info.

Got the PM but redirected to errors. Not your issue I am sure and EnB is long dead to EA and I am sure they could not care less about maintaining a forum for a inactive game as I am sure they consider it. Or if there are errors, Maybe I was registered as shadowlordxsx if you can read them. But yeah I was an advocate of it before instances were in live

Here ya go:

http://web.archive.org/web/20041009131028/http://ebportal.com/forum.php

As those forums are obviously not maintained anymore, the "search" function does not work - so you will have to go looking thru the threads. Eventually, you will find a thread that you posted in. Once you do find your name, simply click on it and you will be directed to a page where all your posts will be listed...the ones that were recorded and saved anyway. ;)

EDIT: Is this you?:

"Even if you did manage to be at the warder spawn good luck getting the kill. The last 3 warder raids I have been to on Galileo the warder lasted all of maybe 2 seconds. And some one keeps killing the temple every spawn (heard if the temple gets killed no loot drops don't know for sure if thats true) but I hope they make the warder activateable in the next patch."

-Darkshadowxsx

http://web.archive.org/web/20041029024633/http://ebportal.com/forum/topic/52/9018

In case it is:

Darkshadowxsx:

http://web.archive.org/web/20041029184653/http://ebportal.com/user/darkshadowxsx

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

Overtkill's suggestion is, without doubt, the easiest way to deal with this situation, it "kills" several birds with one stone....and the most important one on that  list is, we as players solve the problem ourselves eliminating the need for Dev's to get involved, as if they have so much time to spare for our petty quarrels......

I vote we include some of the smaller boss kills into the already existing raid schedule...and for those in smaller guilds that need help, the larger guilds will assist them.

Done deal....

• Downvote 1

• 2 months later...

I have to say this issue has been stated to me several times, that there seems to be the same groups killing this mob every time it spawns within seconds of spawning. If you guys can come up with some ideas on how to address it please post it in the ADV forum and I will take it to the meeting. I know some people say leave it as is, but if there are players that are being totally excluded there must be something we can come up with to at least give all players the same shot at it I would certainly present the ideas to the DEV's

Also - Give me some examples of "speed of death" or "engaged time before death" or some screen shots or something....Maybe it is as simple as "needs to be more challenging" or "possible trigger?"

I dunno, I don't claim to know the best way to handle things so please shout out your ideas to me in the ADV forum and I will compile a presentation for the DEVs if you'd like!

I have been saying it since live and continued on here till I stopped playing at all (now happy playing firefall and just came on to see what was going on, kind of more morbid curiosity than anything) ...... Make it activated instead of timed! This exact same issue plagued live also and no DEV on live had the guts to do what was needed  (or just did not care).

It was always the same group in live killing it in  5-10 seconds as they had an entire fleet there, mostly cloaked JDs with energy weapons waiting for the exact time it would spawn. Even once they had so many that it died before a guildmate's missiles even hit it and he was virtually on top of it.