Questions about secondary weapons?

So looking forward to play enb again ... but I wanna do it a bit differently then live. For example was thinking using ML or Guns for a JD not sure if the cloak bonus applies to those weapons and cant remember which is their secondary weapon (thinki its ML's if I recall).

This is really more for play style difference ect...

I am not set on JD as a class just wondering as to with class/race would be fun with using secondary weapons which would allow more points in a utility skill possibly.

Any thoughts on this?

Combat cloak is specific to beam damage.

JD's have access to all three weapon types, but between ML and PL, ML is the one that would give you the most opportunity to cloak between salvos. You wouldn't get the combat cloak damage boost, but you'd still have the benefit of not being fired at while cloaked.

The Sentinel might benefit when mining a field, if he wants to save cargo space that would otherwise hold ammo.  The Gaze of the Martyr would be a good beam for a PE that wanted to use a secondary weapon.  It won't be in the game; however, until the Mars Construction Project is in the game.  The Gaze of the Martyr, gives 40% turbo beam, 3% beam damage improvement, and is buildable by an explorer, despite being a weapon.  It's no trade.  IMO the PE would probably be better using the passes towards an Archos Threader instead.

The Scout can also use this weapon, but I think it's less viable on the Scout since they don't have cloak, menace, critical targeting, or L9 shields.

When it comes to secondary weapons, it makes more sense, IMO, to max your racial weapon first.  They really need improvement to be anything beyond situational, at best.  You'd need to make up for the extra skill points, and the lack of L9 in said weapon.  This would mean you'd need to improve such weapons for players to really use them.

The Sentinel might benefit when mining a field, if he wants to save cargo space that would otherwise hold ammo.  The Gaze of the Martyr would be a good beam for a PE that wanted to use a secondary weapon.  It won't be in the game; however, until the Mars Construction Project is in the game.  The Gaze of the Martyr, gives 40% turbo beam, 3% beam damage improvement, and is buildable by an explorer, despite being a weapon.  It's no trade.  IMO the PE would probably be better using the passes towards an Archos Threader instead.

The Scout can also use this weapon, but I think it's less viable on the Scout since they don't have cloak, menace, critical targeting, or L9 shields.

When it comes to secondary weapons, it makes more sense, IMO, to max your racial weapon first.  They really need improvement to be anything beyond situational, at best.  You'd need to make up for the extra skill points, and the lack of L9 in said weapon.  This would mean you'd need to improve such weapons for players to really use them.

hmm good points about the beam was thinking about ts with a beam since it cant make ammo but now i think about pe or je would be better.

Edited by Cyber Op

Welcome back to EnB Cyber.

I played a Jenquai Seeker (JS) with projectiles till PL lvl 5.

I have to say it was a lot of fun and group members were buggin out.

However, when my JS was able to get combat cloak,

I switched to beams to get that Combat Cloak bonus.

Kills were a bit quicker.

If I were to cross train weapons again, I think I'd do beams (and PLs maybe) on a Progen

till L9.  Fitted right the Progen should get some decent range and damage with the beams, while raining

demolition plumbing from the PLs.  Both weapons are close in range and you can find sweet cross effects from both.

See ya in the universe

Any experience with using JD missles?

After messing  around a bit my main I think will be a PS  seems solid so far. 

My alt will need to be a weapon builder so was think JS or JD assuming they can still build progan stuff (if I recall they can make but not use it?)

I never played PS on live so it will be fun for me to try it out plus seems to fit nicely with being able to do all sorts of stuff.

Edited by Cyber Op

I used missiles on a JD during live, with less than impressive results.  However, I am using them now on my TE with mixed results.  They lack the knockdown power that other missiles have, but I enjoy the various defense buffs from Jenquai launchers that make me almost bulletproof. ;)

It also doesn't help, as far as DPS is concerned, that Jenquai MLs suck. They're our tertiary weapon and we're the explorer race, so they're probably supposed to suck in DPS.  Both Progen & Terran make better MLs than we do, DPS wise.  The only redeeming factor on them is that they often have deflects on them.