Net 7 Wiki.

Net 7 Wiki Usage  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you actively contribute to the Wiki.

• Yes all the time !
    • Sometimes when I have relivant information.
    • Never added anything, although I do read it.
    • Never used it.
    • What Wiki ?

• 7 months later...

Is the wiki even maintained anymore? It seems to be very broken at the moment.

Seems that it's not actively used, because you are first people to point it out that its broken.

Problem was from moving to https and stilll having http links in it.

Fixed, thanks.

• Upvote 1

Seems that it's not actively used, because you are first people to point it out that its broken.

I didn't even knew it existed until I saw his post.  This need more exposure, like directly in the Net-7 portal menu.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to add stuff but for example drop locations, I cant add to the list page and if i create a page its not formatted like others. Is that possible to send info to an admin who will add?

Edited by pierre

I would like to add stuff but for example drop locations, I cant add to the list page and if i create a page its not formatted like others. Is that possible to send info to an admin who will add?

Find item that is similar to what you want to add and copy that page source you find from edit to your new page

I was online when Piecot pointed out this problem some days ago and did my own testing. The problem seems to be that permission to create new pages have been removed. I can't find a clear description on how the maintainers want the structure of the wiki to be, but infer from the info there that each item/mob/etc should have it's own page. And as far as I can figure out, I have no permission to do so.

I was online when Piecot pointed out this problem some days ago and did my own testing. The problem seems to be that permission to create new pages have been removed.

Things like that needs to be communicated.

Permissions have not changed on wiki. There was version upgrade a while back which might of broke it.

See if it works now.

I understand that knowing something is broken isn't an automatic thing. We discussed the wiki briefly in chat and Alurra chimed in and would mention the issue in some regular scheduled meeting. She made a note of having done so in her update of a few days ago. I think part of the problem is that we don't really know who to communicate with. It's probably mentioned somewhere, but data-mining is hard work! 

I've checked the wiki and I seem to be able to create pages from links. It doesn't solve the problem though, or at least appears not to. I'll explain:

If I go to  "Faction items and NPCs‏‎" from the front page, I can click through a non-existing page (red link) from there or edit the source and create a new such link. That method seems to be working although I haven't clicked through and actually created a page. The "Create" button is available however.

But if I choose the drop location link just above, I'm directed to a Category page which I cannot edit. There's actually nothing to edit on that page. So how can we add new pages to that list? I tried the discussion tab there, but that isn't really helpful.

But if I choose the drop location link just above, I'm directed to a Category page which I cannot edit. There's actually nothing to edit on that page. So how can we add new pages to that list? I tried the discussion tab there, but that isn't really helpful.

Help:Starting_a_new_page (mediawiki.org)

.. I know at one point Ralen was one of the 'overseers' of the Wiki page. There was also another but I can not remember whom it was. Perhaps they have used "sysops" on the wiki pages making them impossible to change/alter.

This was mentioned and I was told that it would be given to Karu to look into. I don't know what, if anything he can do about figuring out who worked with that page or what they may have changed. I suspect it is likely a bit more difficult than just 'learning' how to use wiki.

Fly Safe

-Alurra

Edited by Alurra

Someone of the bureaucrat rank in the wiki software (thinking it's mediawiki) would have the ability to override this and set new sysops. I don't know if Karu has that, but he is aware of this, he has posted above.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

This thread is nearly 3 years old, and the main page hasn't been updated in quite some time.   Is there a way that those of us still actively contributing to it can be added permissions to do things like update it/fix errors in the main page?

6 hours ago, Zarg said:

This thread is nearly 3 years old, and the main page hasn't been updated in quite some time.   Is there a way that those of us still actively contributing to it can be added permissions to do things like update it/fix errors in the main page?

main page is admin only. which section you want to change?  It should be possible to include page content in main page that users can edit.

Well specifically I wanted to fix the reference to the Chili Popper in "New Content"  to also mention that Terran Scouts can do the mission line too.  But that whole 'new content' section is badly out of date, and there is a fair collection of good suggestions for the main page in its discussion page from people frustrated that the admins have gone absent and nobody active seems to have permissions to make updates.

Also there are pages only reachable via searching that nobody would know about, like the 'mechanics' and 'buff stacking mechanics' pages I recently updated.

Is there no permission level between site admin and 'everyone else' ?   Looking at update history there are a handful of people making regular updates, and but I can see a need to keep just anyone from defacing the main start page.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.