Net 7 Wiki.

Net 7 Wiki Usage  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you actively contribute to the Wiki.

• Yes all the time !
    • Sometimes when I have relivant information.
    • Never added anything, although I do read it.
    • Never used it.
    • What Wiki ?

• 2 weeks later...

is it maby an option to put a little show and tell about the Wiki on the net-7 Launcher maby more poeple will know about it then. and maby more people will use and add stuf to it.

Something on the menu of this site, and the Portal might also be a good idea, if you are trying to enlist help.

I Agree.

A Net-7 Wiki tab next to the Net-7 Portal tab of this site and a Net-7 Wiki link on the Game Info menu in the Net-7 Portal would be my suggestion.

problem is that loads of people who play the game almost never come to the forums site. so i would say put it on the Net-7 portal site then.

Thanks for the input guys ! 

Looking for a new Wiki admin member as we have an opening.

You will be in charge of "Tidying up" and administrating the Net 7 User controlled Wiki.

The Wiki is totally player driven with ZERO input from DEVs/GM etc.

You duties will involve checking all content from users and making sure they do not go against the Wiki rules.

You do not need any particular skills other than common sense and a few hours a week to keep the Wiki in order.

PM Me if you are interested.

Thanks for the input guys ! 

Looking for a new Wiki admin member as we have an opening.

You will be in charge of "Tidying up" and administrating the Net 7 User controlled Wiki.

The Wiki is totally player driven with ZERO input from DEVs/GM etc.

You duties will involve checking all content from users and making sure they do not go against the Wiki rules.

You do not need any particular skills other than common sense and a few hours a week to keep the Wiki in order.

PM Me if you are interested.

*Looks at Overtkill*

Actually Kingdud still logs in and makes sure everything is sane. He promoted Croddam and I to admins since we are the two who are the most active, then someone on the dev team took away our admin rights on the database side (left no logs in wiki user rights log, which means someone with database access flipped some bits, or rolled back a database snapshot). So I mean, I understand he went AWOL and isn't a wonderful person to the other devs, but...overtkill, to my knowledge, has never made a single commit to the wiki (if he has, what username?) Failing that, pick someone who actually contributes to the thing. :P

edit: Here's the active user's list for the wiki

http://net-7.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special%3AActiveUsers

(I re-ordered the list below to be in order of number)

Croddam  [192 actions in the last 30 days]
    Doctor [52 actions in the last 30 days]
    Hexersup [6 actions in the last 30 days]
    Kingdud [3 actions in the last 30 days] (blocked)
    Prrekoorb [2 actions in the last 30 days]
    Wxguesser26 [2 actions in the last 30 days]
    Cantrec [1 action in the last 30 days]
    Shaddex [1 action in the last 30 days]
    FireRibs [1 action in the last 30 days]

Edited by Doctor

Actually Kingdud still logs in and makes sure everything is sane. He promoted Croddam and I to admins since we are the two who are the most active, then someone on the dev team took away our admin rights on the database side (left no logs in wiki user rights log, which means someone with database access flipped some bits, or rolled back a database snapshot). So I mean, I understand he went AWOL and isn't a wonderful person to the other devs, but...overtkill, to my knowledge, has never made a single commit to the wiki (if he has, what username?) Failing that, pick someone who actually contributes to the thing. :P

Ah, good, you *did* notice the bump I gave you. :) I eagerly await to see what happens, as I'm the only one who can actually create administrators in the wiki, or else Shaddex, or one of the other dev/GM types with access to the wiki database will have to flip some bits outside of the wiki controls. But, if they do that, they'll prove Doctor right, that they are more than willing to tweak the wiki and leave no traces of it, which presents its own set of moral problems. *grabs popcorn* oh, and Doctor, I'll reinstate your admin rights, as you are correct, those who work hard to not screw up the wiki should have the power to fix it when someone tries to. i'm sure you noticed when you checked the Active contributors list that I already reinstated Croddam's admin rights, and am guessing you omitted it from your post to try and keep ~someone~ from revoking them again.

Democracy doesn't exist in this emulator. Don't think for a second it does.

edit: Here's the active user's list for the wiki

http://net-7.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special%3AActiveUsers

(I re-ordered the list below to be in order of number)

Croddam  [192 actions in the last 30 days]
    Doctor [52 actions in the last 30 days]
    Hexersup [6 actions in the last 30 days]
    Kingdud [3 actions in the last 30 days] (blocked)
    Prrekoorb [2 actions in the last 30 days]
    Wxguesser26 [2 actions in the last 30 days]
    Cantrec [1 action in the last 30 days]
    Shaddex [1 action in the last 30 days]
    FireRibs [1 action in the last 30 days]

That would entirely be up to Shaddex.

*Smacks Mynd for Overtkill* You just KNOW he'd do it himself if he saw this :P

Hush goober. :P

Due to security issues with the Admin settings on the Wiki, I have revoked ALL admin access.

I am the only person with Admin, and will be assigning permissions based on the outcome of this thread.

Sorry for all the people who used it for the good of the Wiki, but for the next few days all ADMIN rights have been reset.

I hope this does not cause too much disruption.

One more thing.

Can anyone who HAD admin access to the Wiki and would like to stay as admin, please PM me and list why you need these elevated rights.

I may just have many admins rather than 1 over all.

Thanks

its always good to have some more admins then just one. And when you pick out a new list of admins it might by handy for them to split up the tasks on the wiki page. When we have some dedicated people on there the wiki can grow alot. :)

I'm glad you finally figured out what the beauacrat role is for. As for anyone who is worried that the wiki might get deleted, I have backups. And now you have backups too:

http://pastebin.com/xheGeCz4

http://pastebin.com/Hx3TKnNw

Join the two halfs together, and on any wiki go to Special:Import (you'll need admin rights to do this, or whatever group right allows page import), give it the combined XML file (the result of putting the two halves together) and *poof* all the wiki content will be restored for you. Cheers m8s.

By all means, delete this thing you didn't want (for clarity, Shaddex supported it, no one else did). Show us all you don't want us to be able to work together to have fun. :) Personally, I recomend migrating away from the n7 wiki. To each their own.

Thanks for the backup Kingdud. Saved myself a copy in case anything does happen to the wiki. Would hate to lose all that work I've put in as it's become my main note pad! :)

About the admins I agree with Jamoos that it's smart to have a team of admins to focus on improving different parts at this point since there is so much needing to be added still. For example I've been going through and adding NPC and Station pages just so there are places to make links from.  Doing that and the missions I'd recently played through got me up to like 200 edits in the last month and I feel like I've barely started making those anchor pages. But in general when it comes to one admin vs a team I'd say that unless someone like me gets in an editing mood with like 50 edits there is only something like 5-10 changes tops on the busiest days since the wiki isn't promoted/gets so little traffic. So with even one admin it's not like it's hard to keep up with that.

My only regret about  losing admin rights is I didn't get around to fixing the wording on the home page's readme section :p   heh

Thanks for the backup Kingdud. Saved myself a copy in case anything does happen to the wiki. Would hate to lose all that work I've put in as it's become my main note pad! :)

About the admins I agree with Jamoos that it's smart to have a team of admins to focus on improving different parts at this point since there is so much needing to be added still. For example I've been going through and adding NPC and Station pages just so there are places to make links from.  Doing that and the missions I'd recently played through got me up to like 200 edits in the last month and I feel like I've barely started making those anchor pages. But in general when it comes to one admin vs a team I'd say that unless someone like me gets in an editing mood with like 50 edits there is only something like 5-10 changes tops on the busiest days since the wiki isn't promoted/gets so little traffic. So with even one admin it's not like it's hard to keep up with that.

My only regret about  losing admin rights is I didn't get around to fixing the wording on the home page's readme section :P   heh

Ah! Hello other super-active wiki member person! Good to know your forum name. Every time I logged in to use my admin rights they were gone. :p I was going to clean up some dangling pages (redirects that shouldn't exist). That said, I agree with you. One admin would barely need to lift a finger to keep tabs on what is happening. The activity log I posted shows just how few people really contribute. :p

I have the one update, but would like to be more active...this hinges on learning how to edit the wiki and adding my expansive build knowledge.  I will be adding when I can spend the time on the learning curve.

• 7 months later...

Where is the Wiki - I can't see it on any Net7 menu

Found it through Google

- but the MOB section is very thin

- and the items section does not tell you what mobs drop what items :(

I know... EMU is run by volunteers... and we are all grateful that you have been keeping it going  since EnB/Westwood got the chop from EA - but it is our human right to complain....

*free warps away

Edited by Naughtious

Where is the Wiki - I can't see it on any Net7 menu

Found it through Google

- but the MOB section is very thin

- and the items section does not tell you what mobs drop what items :(

I know... EMU is run by volunteers... and we are all grateful that you have been keeping it going  since EnB/Westwood got the chop from EA - but it is our human right to complain....

*free warps away

The Wiki is run by the players, Naughtious, not by the Emu Team. The data that is present there is due only to what the players have input and has no input from the team. If you have information you would like to contribute, I believe it is Ralen who leads the board there, but not positive on that.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.